2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Does anyone here know if triathlon race chip times count for POT, or does it have to be a running road/trail race only? I'm trying to decide on which POT to submit: 10K in May 2017, half marathon in October 2017 (a bad day, not one I'd want to submit), standard triathlon 10K run portion in July 2018, and I have the opportunity do do either another triathlon (with 10K run) or a half marathon later this year.

Sorry if that sounds silly, I'm new and don't know if the type of event POT comes from would affect placement. I'm hoping for Corral A and my best 10K time above is 46 minutes and my horrible (for me) half is 1:48 - I could get a better half chip time this year if it would make a difference.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Does anyone here know if triathlon race chip times count for POT, or does it have to be a running road/trail race only? I'm trying to decide on which POT to submit: 10K in May 2017, half marathon in October 2017 (a bad day, not one I'd want to submit), standard triathlon 10K run portion in July 2018, and I have the opportunity do do either another triathlon (with 10K run) or a half marathon later this year.

Sorry if that sounds silly, I'm new and don't know if the type of event POT comes from would affect placement. I'm hoping for Corral A and my best 10K time above is 46 minutes and my horrible (for me) half is 1:48 - I could get a better half chip time this year if it would make a difference.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

They count just like any other race. I've used times from a 70.3 before and ended up fairly close to where I thought I'd be in the corrals.

If your POT would be over 2:45:00 how do they place in corrals? Should you still send in a POT to get in a better corral?

If you don't have a POT less than 2:45 (or a race equivalent from a shorter distance), then you will have the following image (assuming marathon weekend's registration is the same as princess):

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 11.56.55 AM.png

When you select "over 2:45", you will be given the option of three anticipated finish times. What you choose there will be the sole determinant of corral placement. Those three choices are very likely to represent the last three corrals individually. There is no chance to enter a POT for an anticipated finish over 2:45.

So just making sure before I do this: I can go get Disney gift cards from Target and use my red card to get 5% off and then combine them and use it to register? I know I wouldn’t save much but at least it would pay the registration fees and whatnot if it’ll work

They count just like any other race. I've used times from a 70.3 before and ended up fairly close to where I thought I'd be in the corrals.
Thank you! I am hoping to do my first 70.3 next year, two and a half months after the Princess half... Fingers crossed training goes well through winter, for both events.

So just making sure before I do this: I can go get Disney gift cards from Target and use my red card to get 5% off and then combine them and use it to register? I know I wouldn’t save much but at least it would pay the registration fees and whatnot if it’ll work

Yes :)

Max on one card is $1000 (in case you are doing multiple people/races that could add up)

That seems to be correct based on what I’ve read, but I haven’t registered for anything with the new system.

I just wanted to say I really like your logic on saving the registration fees! I was just thinking yesterday about buying gift cards at Target for registration, but I didn’t consider how the 5% can help account for the 6.6% registration fee. We’re still paying more than I’d like to for registering, but it makes me feel better thinking I’m paying 1.6% to register with the Target discount, so thanks for that! :rotfl:

Yes, that worked for me. There will be a pay option for Disney cards when you get to that point. Just make sure you have enough on the one card.

If you don't have a POT less than 2:45 (or a race equivalent from a shorter distance), then you will have the following image (assuming marathon weekend's registration is the same as princess):

View attachment 338544

When you select "over 2:45", you will be given the option of three anticipated finish times. What you choose there will be the sole determinant of corral placement. Those three choices are very likely to represent the last three corrals individually. There is no chance to enter a POT for an anticipated finish over 2:45.
Thank you! Another question - does any 10K qualify and do I just manually knot my time or is their an official way to do this. I really appreciate the help. Total newbie. I run for fun but never do official races!

Thank you! Another question - does any 10K qualify and do I just manually knot my time or is their an official way to do this. I really appreciate the help. Total newbie. I run for fun but never do official races!

It needs to be a chip timed race. There will be an area for you to put in a link to your race results. RunDisney needs to be able to verify your results.

Hi everyone! Been lurking and finally registered and thought I'd pop in and say hi. Princess 2018 was my first ever Disney race, and this year I have my heart set on the Fairy Tale Challenge. My best friend (who did it with me this year) and my husband are coming with - best friend is going to do the half with me, and husband is going to do the 10K. I'm going to recycle my Aurora costume from last year for the 10K and make my husband a Prince Phillip costume. For the half, I'm going to be Anna and my best friend is going to be Elsa.

I'm mostly nervous about his registration, given how quickly the 10K sold out last year! We already have a room booked at Beach Club but can cancel it if we need to go the travel agent route for bibs. Aug 7th can't get here soon enough!!!

I've booked a room and flight, so now I'm waiting for registration. My DD and running partner will be off to college this year, so I will be going solo. I'm planning to run all three races this year. I skipped the 5K last year and instantly regretted it. :-)

I’ve run the 5K and the challenge the past two years. I know for sure that I’m not running the 5K, but I’m still on the fence about the half or the challenge.

What's the weather like in February?? I've run the last two Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathons but never a winter race at WDW. Should I be prepared for all possibilities?

What's the weather like in February?? I've run the last two Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathons but never a winter race at WDW. Should I be prepared for all possibilities?

Yes, be prepared for anything. Princess Half was hot, sunny and humid. They handed out cold sponges on the course.

Yes, be prepared for anything. Princess Half was hot, sunny and humid. They handed out cold sponges on the course.
Yeah and in Jan. 2017 I did Dopey. The marathon morning was one of the coldest days of the year there. Started the race with 3 sweatshirts, 4 hand warmers, hats gloves and emergency blankets. Did not start shedding sweatshirts until mile 5. Start watching the weather closely about 10 days before. Come prepared with throw away jackets, hand warmers and the emergency blanket.

Well... ended up pulling the trigger and booking with a travel agent for guaranteed bibs! I got paranoid that the 10K would sell out for my husband so I reached out to a few agents. Beach Club was our second choice, we originally wanted Wilderness Lodge but there weren't any rooms available in our price range when we went to book. Lo and behold, one of the agents I contacted had Wilderness Lodge rooms that would save us $140 per person. It was a no-brainer for us. So we booked with her and will cancel the Beach Club room as soon as the confirmation comes through. I'm honestly so relieved to have everything taken care of now! Although there is something to be said about the adrenaline rush of trying to get entry right when it opens! Lol.

I’ve run the 5K and the challenge the past two years. I know for sure that I’m not running the 5K, but I’m still on the fence about the half or the challenge.

Me too. I did the Glass Slipper Challenge in 2017. The last one...not sure I want to do another challenge. If I do, I may do the 5K for the bling and basically walk it, and then mosey through the 10k so I don’t over exert myself for the half. I didn’t do 2018 Princess. Decisions.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter