2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

That’s a fake tweet. Someone had nothing better to do and created it to stir up drama. Who does that?

Yep, that's the one the admin kept talking about. Same admin that does the "how many kills" things, counting how many (mainly female, of course) runners he passes when he starts from the back and calling them "kills".
Seriously?? This is why I like this group better.

That tweet is dated in April, and is just now coming to light? Has to be a fake. That info would have been posted here immediately, yet the first we've heard of that alleged tweet is July? "We thank our Princesses for their services over the last decade"? I can't see them announcing the discontinuation of the event that way at all.

Am I correct when I say the half marathon does not run past the hotels around Crescent Lake (Boardwalk, Yacht, Beach club)?

Would it be better to stay at a MK resort for ease of spectating?

Am I correct when I say the half marathon does not run past the hotels around Crescent Lake (Boardwalk, Yacht, Beach club)?

Would it be better to stay at a MK resort for ease of spectating?

Correct. The 10k does, but not the half.

Correct. The 10k does, but not the half.
Thanks. I’m going to move us to Bay Lake Tower. I’m a new runner and will definitely be able to do the 10k. My daughter, a seasoned half marathon runner, wants me to do the half instead. A bit intimidating. Have to decide soon.

There's someone in that group that is known for making fake tweets like this for fun...I wouldn't sweat it just yet.

Yep.

Seriously?? This is why I like this group better.

Yep.

My cousin and I saw his “kills” shirt at our first princess (which showed how many from the year before) and we, along with the random couple we were sharing a table with post-run, were aghast. I found out who he was later.

That tweet is dated in April, and is just now coming to light? Has to be a fake. That info would have been posted here immediately, yet the first we've heard of that alleged tweet is July? "We thank our Princesses for their services over the last decade"? I can't see them announcing the discontinuation of the event that way at all.

Oh it was talked about on FB before. And it’s nonsense. Disney didn’t put it out.

I mean it could happen. Expedition Everest, tower of terror, etc etc, and the Disneyland runs were all cancelled. Disney can do whatever they want.

But they didn’t put out that tweet.

My daughter, a seasoned half marathon runner, wants me to do the half instead. A bit intimidating. Have to decide soon.

I believe that anyone who can run a 10K can run a half marathon. The half marathon is a pretty friendly distance if you train.

I’m in that group and I don’t think the “kills” is as bad as it’s being made out to be. They have a Dead Last Start group that sets out to see how many people they can pass after literally being the last ones to cross the starting line. A woman actually set a PR for a half this year even though she was the very last person in the very last corral to cross the starting line.

I was trying to stick with facts before. The same fellow that does the “kills” (now changed to Dead Last Start) also was the only person to “see” that tweet and he talked about it a LOT. Just an interesting combo.

I’m in that group and I don’t think the “kills” is as bad as it’s being made out to be. They have a Dead Last Start group that sets out to see how many people they can pass after literally being the last ones to cross the starting line. A woman actually set a PR for a half this year even though she was the very last person in the very last corral to cross the starting line.

And now my feelings about it.

They’ve changed the concept over the last couple years to the DLS.

Doesn’t matter to me. It’s misogynistic (bc it was started by a man at a female-focused event) and vile. They should try it at a race that’s overall faster than the Princess field is. See how that goes for them.

And it’s insanely dangerous for the slower ones like me, having someone FAST running past me for no good reason. I have had very fast people starting behind (I assume bc they forgot to put in POT etc), and since they aren’t used to the clumps that can happen from the middle to the back of the crowd, they tend to run angry, which is even worse. Add my short height to a tall man speeding past and my face is in danger from elbows.

It’s stupid, it’s game-playing, and if they want to feel fast they should do it in some other way that doesn’t insult literally every single person they go past.

And they think it’s funny that people feel how I do (and how most have responded here and IRL when people notice the shirt).

I don’t talk about it over there anymore. I stay for now in the group because it’s good info and no pixie dust, and they’ve gotten better at reminding people to train *when there’s still time to train*. And I feel that my own personal experiences with injuries and what it’s like to do these events without enough training (due to illness and injury) is valuable to help people remember to train, and valuable for people heading to the courses without enough training and with an overdose of pixie dust from elsewhere. :)

I agree. Maybe the word choice isn't the best but I think it was started as a way to prove that less-than-ideal corral placement isn't the end of the world (I think he even says that in the yearly round-up posts, not sure as I left the group a few months ago). I really do not think there is any malicious intent, but that's just my opinion. :confused3

And now my feelings about it.

They’ve changed the concept over the last couple years to the DLS.

Doesn’t matter to me. It’s misogynistic (bc it was started by a man at a female-focused event) and vile. They should try it at a race that’s overall faster than the Princess field is. See how that goes for them.

They do this at marathon weekend too, where the races are generally faster than Princess. Looks like they all have fun and are able to run fairly close to their normal pace.

I can see both sides of it. People do races for various motivations and reasons.

This past year was the first time I’ve done Princess and I was running with someone who didn’t want to stop for photos because they were worried about time. So, I told them I’d catch up to them after Magic Kingdom.

Naive newbie that I was, I didn’t realize how tight that road was going to be leaving Magic Kingdom (even after reading lots of reports on here about “cone alley”, etc.)

I did eventually catch up to the person I was with, after a lot of bobbing and weaving and excuse me, pardon me, on your left... and I’m not fast by any stretch of the imagination.

I tried my best to be courteous and didn’t mind walking when there was no other option. But I’m sure I annoyed some people.

In any crowded situation, there are going to be challenges. It’s just important to remember that everyone is there for their own special reason and trying to have fun.

Just my two cents...

And I will add if I ever do just lose all my social graces, it’s going to happen in the produce section at the grocery store. Who needs to hip check a person to get to the tomatoes?!?!!

:duck:

And I will add if I ever do just lose all my social graces, it’s going to happen in the produce section at the grocery store. Who needs to hip check a person to get to the tomatoes?!?!!

The local residents of Yuzhno, on Sakhalin Island in Far East Russia, for one, but not most other people. ;)

I am a DL annual passholder and am planning on doing the pre-registration on Aug 2nd. I cannot get into the passholder benefits on the Disneyland site, with the potential link for the Run Disney registration. I go around and around in circles on the site asking me for my passport number because it is not linked, and then telling me my passport is already linked. Ugh. One part of the site shows all my passports linked, however I cannot see/use the benefits. I swear, Disney's IT is about to put me over the edge. Has anyone had a similar problem?

I am a DL annual passholder and am planning on doing the pre-registration on Aug 2nd. I cannot get into the passholder benefits on the Disneyland site, with the potential link for the Run Disney registration. I go around and around in circles on the site asking me for my passport number because it is not linked, and then telling me my passport is already linked. Ugh. One part of the site shows all my passports linked, however I cannot see/use the benefits. I swear, Disney's IT is about to put me over the edge. Has anyone had a similar problem?

all the stinking time. I'm blessed as I could just log into hubs acct in past and get in that way. No I'm not sure how I'm gonna break in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!