2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

That's because when rooms are booked before the discount, there's no reason for the discount to be offered. So when tons of people book a resort far in advance, Disney usually excludes that from the discount. My guess is royal rooms are the only ones that had lots of inventory still available.

Thanks.
Do you know if Disney Visa discount is the same as Enchanted Escape?
I can’t find anything on the Disney Visa discount.

you should be able to book both rooms with your Disney Visa; you will need to put down the $200 deposit for your daughter's room on your Disney Visa. The balance on the package does not have to be paid on your credit card
Thanks for the info!

crud, this might be where I screwed up. I made 2 reservations, 2 rooms, 2 guests per room. Have each of my kids on a room but put me as the primary on both.....and poor dh isn't on either :rolleyes1 Someone please tell me I can modify this, it's 8:00 and i think the odds of getting a new reservation must be getting slim :worried:
You will be able to get this updated, but be sure you do. Long story, but I had myself listed on two reservations last year and it took over an hour to fix this at the resort front desk. Plus, a few days prior to your stay, the Disney system scans reservations and deletes what it perceives to be erroneous duplicate reservations. This happened to me.

Has anyone been able to get through by calling this morning?... even just calling to modify... I was just wondering with the influx of traffic, if we broke the system.
When I was on hold at 6:02am, it told me 2 hours for a wait. It hasn't given me an updated wait time since then.

~D
on now and they are trying to tell me I can only get 1 day of free dining, not my whole stay
For those who modified existing reservations to add free Dining (no other changes), did your price stay the same?

My experience: Was online at 5:30 am this morning and easily modified our reservations to free dinning. We decided to change resorts to CSR and I then called at 7am and was in on hold on the first try. Held for 12 minutes and the cast member modified the Reservation to CSR. It has never been this easy for us in the past. I am sad to hear of those having problems getting in.

I booked at 5:30 and just received an e-mail confirming that a payment has been made toward my reservation, the date I need to pay off the total amount (which agrees with 30 days before the date I thought we booked for), the amount, resort, that free dining is included (and we upgraded to regular from quick) and both my wife and myself as guests. However it does not list the start and end date, confirming how many days the tickets are for, how many days the dining plan is for and type of room etc.. So we have a reservation with free dining starting at the right date but the rest of the details have not been confirmed. There is a confirmation # though so hopefully when the web-site come sback to life I can check the details. Teachs me that I should have just screen shot the final page before ending the session. Live and learn.

I feel lucky after reading other folks problems. We had booked a week long vacation in September with our travel agent. We booked our own dinner reservations, and have been taking a more proactive approach to our vacation other than having our agent do it. With all her other clients, we were unsure if we would be able to take advantage free dining if we relied on her. So the last few nights we have been watching it. Waking up at 2am, 4am, etc taking turns. Last night woke at 2am, 3am, 5am. Saw Free Dining, went downstairs and jumped on the computer. Really had no other issues booking a second trip during the same time. We do see a difference in pricing, by about 300$. Glad we got free dining though, gonna save some money with the kids.

Are you waiting to see if your agent is able to get free Dining on your original package? Curious to see if she’s able to do it and keep you at your original price

Thanks.
Do you know if Disney Visa discount is the same as Enchanted Escape?
I can’t find anything on the Disney Visa discount.

If it is the "Enchanted Escape" that is what I got online this morning. However, the passholder offer that I saw after I changed everything actually was a little cheaper. That's what I'm on hold to find out for now.

~D

Has anyone been able to get through by calling this morning?... even just calling to modify... I was just wondering with the influx of traffic, if we broke the system.
When I was on hold at 6:02am, it told me 2 hours for a wait. It hasn't given me an updated wait time since then.

~D
Stay on the phone! I was on hold with Disney last fall for a combined 15 hours when I had to change my reservation due to Irma hitting the day we were supposed to fly in.

There were times I was on hold where there was no background music, but I eventually got through to someone! My final call was 5 hours on hold to talk to a manager who was able to do an override and let me keep my free dining for the new dates.

Hang in there!

Since Stitch ate the page, and I'm currently on hold, what exactly was/is the Disney Visa offer. (I know what Disney Visa is, I just would like to know the specifics of the offer)

~D
I don't remember the exact requirements, but dates start 8/2. I believe other than that, it's the same as what is offered to the general public.

are there more dates available on the Disney visa offer? Link is down right now
Yes! Dates start 8/2 I believe for the Disney Visa offer. I would keep trying the link periodically or call and ask for the Disney Visa offer. I was able to use the link right before everything seems to have crashed to book two rooms starting 8/11! Worth the hassle of keeping at it! (and for those asking, I was never emailed anything either – just found the link someone had graciously posted earlier.)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resort-parks-stay-dining-visa-package/

Stitch or Goofy appears on every single device I have - my PC, 2 different Ipads, Iphone, Galaxy(?) phone, private brower, cleared cookies....

My travel agent was up early and got free dining for my November vacation. We had to switch from Movies to Sports. No big deal, I was in Pop initially but when I added a day because of cheaper airfare, we couldn't get Pop. I am so happy to see Disney at Christmas again!
Was your TA able to do it online??

I think everyone needs to send guest services an email about the website simply bc the website hasn't been right in 2 months! Disney had to be aware bc ppl have been calling to complain. While I can kind of understand some system issues bc thousands of ppl are trying to book free dining, on the other hand its ridiculous that the biggest booking day of the yr Disney system wasn't fixed in time to be able to work for their guests...Not everyone can call they are at work, or on the road...Am I the only one completely irritated by this? I was able to add the free dining to my family trip but Im still irritated that so many cant even get on to the system..
The site hasn't been right in years if ever.

My wife successfully got free dining booked for us this morning for two rooms at All-Star Music. However, as another poster mentioned, we ended up in a situation where I got listed as the adult on both rooms and my wife is not listed on either. Once some of the phone line madness calms down, she is going to try to call in and get that fixed. Hopefully, that won't be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter