• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Does anyone know if you can book two rooms with the Disney Visa offer? My daughter and her best friend are going with us, but in their own room. I can get her a Disney Visa by the trip, but can I book it now just using mine?
Yes. I have booked 3 rooms for my sisters and I.

That may be the only availability they have left but this morning people booked nov. 24-30

I have my reservation, she is just trying to tell me you can only get free dining during those nights, not length of stay. I said, 4 nights is the minimum, those are not even 4 nights.

Now the website isn't even letting me get to the special offers page on either my phone or my laptop so I know it is not my internet connection. Im going to be really bummed if I cant get this because I've been up trying for so long and I have to leave in 30 minutes.
So sorry! I hope you get everything worked out!

I have my reservation, she is just trying to tell me you can only get free dining during those nights, not length of stay. I said, 4 nights is the minimum, those are not even 4 nights.
And it's for 5 night/6 day minimum

This is absolutely ridiculous, how can a multi million dollar international company have such a horrible website and phone line?
Because most IT infrastructure is not designed to handle this load ALL at the same time.

It's not worth the cost to have the infrastructure and overhead to handle this load if this load only happens a few times a year for a few hours.

I am now on my third laptop and got through without stitch interrupting. Put everything in my cart, got to the checkout page and it keeps telling me to try again later. "Online checkout is not possible at this time, as our system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

In another screen, I tried to modify my existing reservation and Mickey told me to sit tight for two minutes, don't hit refresh! and then he cycled down to one minutes and started over for the last ten minutes and finally the dwarvees showed up and said we're working on it.

All the while I'm 45 minutes into my hold time of 2hours.

It means there are no more rooms at any discount for the dates you are booked. It could change at any time, so keep trying.

OR go through the special offers page with only the dates and party (no preferred hotels) and see what's out there.
WOW, so I was lied to about booking ahead of time. :worried:

I just tried to book a new one and the button is grayed out once you try to book. Sad.

web site is still not working for me. have been on hold for 2 hours and 15 mins... got into the phone que at 7:04am

This is absolutely ridiculous, how can a multi million dollar international company have such a horrible website and phone line?

Well, you're not really calling Disney. I have a cousin who is a dining guest services phone CM and she lives in NC and works from home. Not sure how the calls are routed, but that tells me loads of why it doesn't always work well.

The promo dates in November are only 11/24-11/27, it was stated clearly when the promo was released this morning

BUT in the past, as long as your check-IN date is within the dining promo, you get length of stay even if your stay goes beyond the dates. Some phone CMs are saying that is no longer the case, but the website is still allowing the length of stay.

Because most IT infrastructure is not designed to handle this load ALL at the same time.

It's not worth the cost to have the infrastructure and overhead to handle this load if this load only happens a few times a year for a few hours.

For a website, they can do this with lower investment with Akamai or another load bearing CDN. It is how big news websites survive major events, and how big e-ecom sites do Black Friday. It is not a maintenance issue.

Last edited:
Mine stayed the same.
I have two rooms on separate reservations at Pop since we have five in our family. I had already booked with 6 day hoppers and no dining. After modifying to the FD offer, both reservations increased by like $70. I'm happy, but wonder where that number comes from? Still stoked about FD!
First time posting btw, but I've been reading this site forever. Glad to know there are a lot more Nervous Nellies like me. Thanks, Erik

And now we got disconnected after 2 hours. Ready to scream.
Me too! I was hold since 7 am on the dot. Finally got a person at 8:45, by the time I got done reciting my problem, there was no one on the line! So frustrating, especially considering I’ve been up since 4:30 this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter