• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I am really surprised free dining isn’t sold out in December. Even Christmas week has values availability with a Dec 23 check-in.

I set alarm for 5am EST. Got up opened computer and boom, offer was live. I had chrome open with my account and IE open with sons (over 18) account. Was able to book one room on each. Got sons room booked paid and confiremed.

Then found out that dates don't work for 1/2 of our party! :sad2:
So went back (after my eye appointment) around 10:30am and was able to book same rooms for December dates that hopfully work for everyone. I was very happy that I could get same deal for the Dec dates. Pop Century! :banana::cool1:pixiedust:

AOA suites are most definitely included for Disney VISA cardholders at least. Not sure about general public. I booked a Lion King Suite and saved $2200.

I'm pretty sure the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA are excluded

I'm trying to cancel my full price Lion King Suite to get back for someone else to grab, but I can't get through on the phone or on-line.
Does anyone have the link for the disney visa offer im not seeing it as an option on the disney website

Does anyone have the link for the disney visa offer im not seeing it as an option on the disney website

I don't have the link. I found it on page 106 of this thread. It has been posted on other pages, but that's the page I remember. I'll go try to find it and re-post it here.

We have 7day park hoppers and the package is just a little over $2,200.00. When I did the update to FD is changed the price to over $2,900. Like I said I think it just added the dining plan at full cost and didn't really add the FD.
That’s odd - I had ASMo booked from Dec 7 to 14th - I hit the “change reservation” link, then under resort, I selected “change” and chose a Pop STD room, then under Vacation offer: One Delicious Dining appeared, and I confirmed the change. It knocked almost $400 off (I only have two people in the room for now).

Maybe it added the full dining plan and is charging for the upgrade?​

Us too......but this is the first time in a long time we're staying deluxe. We've usually done moderates and the FD has usually worked out for the better. This time with Food and Wine we just come out cheaper by paying for discounted park tickets (AP for me) and paying for food as we go. I must admit it was nice to check out restaurants we normally wouldn't pay for, though!
I found last FD trip I spent too much time "getting the best out of it" than going/eating what i felt like - at the end of the trip we had 5 QS unused we "had" to given what she spent to fit category of FD booking; not saying it doesn't work for some but overall I won't pay for a dining plan that costs me more than what I would spend or eat normally, Disney gets enough of my money already LOL

Disney opens dining 180 days out for anyone. so If I had want to get a dining resi 180 days from today I can with out any form of tickets or hotel resi.
That is true. However, if you are staying at a Disney resort for 10 days for example, you can book up to 10 days of ADRs at the 180 day mark. So essentially you get to book your last day of vacation's ADR at 190 days out.

So I had a res with a TA & had stressed to her how important FD was to us. She assured me that she could/would get it. I got up at 5am when my “Disney mentor” texted me & told me FD was live. I couldn’t access my original res but decided to see if I could get another one & I put it all in my cart. My DM encouraged me to go ahead & book it if I didn’t hear from my TA 7am. So at 6:57, I proceeded & got a new reservation. At 9am, I finally heard from my TA! Her words, “I’m trying to get through but lines are busy & site keeps crashing.” {insert eye roll}
I am so thankful for my friend’s advice or I would probably be sick to my stomach right now! When the chaos dies down, we’ll cancel the original & I will transfer the new one to my TA because she’s a family friend.
Here’s my only concern: I used an alternate email to book the 2nd res, will I be able to link it to my MDE acct that is under a different email? All my ADRs & dessert party are connected to it.
Thank y’all for ALL your help! You guys are the best!

SO I added FD to my kids reservation and have an email to prove it but MDE isnt showing the change at all is anyone else having that issue? Im sure as heck not calling them right now tho lol

SO I added FD to my kids reservation and have an email to prove it but MDE isnt showing the change at all is anyone else having that issue? Im sure as heck not calling them right now tho lol
I didn't book FD this year, but last year I know that it didn't show up right away in my MDE. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it all turned out fine.

I always do the math and for us, it works out better to get a discounted room than "free" dining. It costs less to pay to eat as we go. Therefore, for us, it is not "free."

I was able to get free dining at 5am for nov24- Dec 2. I had to change from music to all star sports. I got a standard room, but preferred was available also.

I have the opposite problem! MDE is finally showing that I have FD (until now it said Summer Room MYW pkg but listed the FD price), but I still don't have the email confirmation! I'm just gonna hang on until the infamous Disney IT catches up with itself and see what shakes out. I am also screen-shoting EVERYTHING!

So I’m still worrying about the Canada thing BUT I think I feel better. I logged into my account and clicked on the offer that it says I have and the dates say August 20 availability and those are US dates, right? The Canadian dates are from August 2nd right. So I must have gotten the right offer.

It was just too easy this morning. I had no problems at all getting exactly what I wanted (well what I really wanted was POR but oh well). It just seemed too good to be true. My stomach was in my chest this morning. This “free” dining offer saves my family of 7 (paying for the in laws to come) so much money. It will also allow me to just relax when I’m there. Sigh. Hopefully I can sleep tonight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter