2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I am still on hold, going on 40min. No music just soft static. Hoping to add FD to my BC reservation in Dec. Hope this works because I'm tired of waiting.

I thought I had read something that if we stay at a Disney resort we can make the reservations for dining 180 days ahead plus an extra 10 days does anybody know if that’s true? Although I could’ve probably dreamed it up all night I kept dreaming that when I went to book it wouldn’t let me sleep deprived

That is correct!

My understanding from another thread was that at 180 days you can book up to 10 days worth at one time. As opposed to off site stays who have to go on each day at 180 days to book.

Not that you can book at 180+10= 190 days.

I could be wrong though this is my first time booking ts

So I am still paranoid that the reservation didn’t get entered right (maybe I was in Canada version again....I was so sleepy at 5am when I did this dining plan addition) so I called.....yup....no can do. All I got was “all circuits are busy.” That’s insane and half the time the website isn’t working. I’m so glad I got up at 5am. Now I’m just praying that it went through correctly and some cranky cast member doesn’t tell me I booked it in the canada block of rooms or something. I went through my history and it seems like I was in US English but I still worry.

My understanding from another thread was that at 180 days you can book up to 10 days worth at one time. As opposed to off site stays who have to go on each day at 180 days to book.

This is the correct information!

Just two adults, Dec 8-15 at Pop Century. I booked a standard room yesterday, but wouldn't really be upset if they made us change to a more expensive room.

Thanks! :)

It's saying those dates are not available, so I played around with other dates within the promo to get an idea of what it should be. I just did the required 4-day PH and if it was available, your cost for 2 in a standard should be $2158.85. The rack rate for the room for your week was $150/night. What do you have right now and what is the cost?

Got my FD with no issues this morning at 5am! Kept refreshing the special offerings page every 15 minutes until I saw it. Was able to go online and modify my booking.

I had pre-booked (was going regardless) 7 nights at ASMu with park hopper tickets. As soon as the offer dropped I went online and went to change booking. Had no issues with changing the booking at all. It prompted me to choose an offer and then I followed all the prompts to modify my booking. A small pop-up came up and said I didn’t have a dining plan added and that I must choose a dining plan to continue with the offer. I chose the QSDP and continued. The whole process took no more than 5 mins. No changes to price for my package as before.

I used an “incognito” browser to ensure I wouldn’t run into any unneccesary issues.

So I am still paranoid that the reservation didn’t get entered right (maybe I was in Canada version again....I was so sleepy at 5am when I did this dining plan addition) so I called.....yup....no can do. All I got was “all circuits are busy.” That’s insane and half the time the website isn’t working. I’m so glad I got up at 5am. Now I’m just praying that it went through correctly and some cranky cast member doesn’t tell me I booked it in the canada block of rooms or something. I went through my history and it seems like I was in US English but I still worry.

My husband and I have gotten through 4 times and they called us back once. Don't wait when they say the wait is over 20 minutes, just keep hanging up and redialing and you will get someone to answer right away.

Anyway, do you have the app? If so the app or MDE online updates within seconds of changing your reservation. We didn't get updated e-mails but our app and mde online showed the right changes each time.

It's saying those dates are not available, so I played around with other dates within the promo to get an idea of what it should be. I just did the required 4-day PH and if it was available, your cost for 2 in a standard should be $2158.85. The rack rate for the room for your week was $150/night. What do you have right now and what is the cost?
We have 7day park hoppers and the package is just a little over $2,200.00. When I did the update to FD is changed the price to over $2,900. Like I said I think it just added the dining plan at full cost and didn't really add the FD.

We have 7day park hoppers and the package is just a little over $2,200.00. When I did the update to FD is changed the price to over $2,900. Like I said I think it just added the dining plan at full cost and didn't really add the FD.

I think you're right; it's not giving you the free dining offer. Wait a couple days and see if anything opens up. When I went in, free dining wasn't available for your dates and there are no other discounts YET for December.

Reactions: MAF
My husband and I have gotten through 4 times and they called us back once. Don't wait when they say the wait is over 20 minutes, just keep hanging up and redialing and you will get someone to answer right away.

Anyway, do you have the app? If so the app or MDE online updates within seconds of changing your reservation. We didn't get updated e-mails but our app and mde online showed the right changes each time.

I have the app and I got the confirmation emails. The last time though I did a summer sun and fun package though and SOMEHOW it managed to be put in the Canadian offer without me knowing. There was no notification that it was a Canadian offer and I only knew when I had to call them to change who would be in what room (the lady didn’t understand why I cared since they don’t do bed checks but I am going to upgrade one of the hotel rooms with the deluxe dining plan and keep the quick service in the other (5 disney adults and 2 kids). I didn’t want the 10 year old in the room I was upgrading.

Has anybody gotten FD for any dates ending Nov28-Dec1? (Beginning in the Nov24-27 window)., Especially at AoA or Pop?

Does anyone know if there is any advantage to booking the Disney Visa Card embers Offer instead of the Delicious Free Offer? Either way we would use our Disney Visa Card.

And a HUGE THANK YOU to @Disney Ron for all your information and effort! It helped me save almost $1000 and get exactly what we had wanted :) I have a very happy Wife and kids today!

Disney opens dining 180 days out for anyone. so If I had want to get a dining resi 180 days from today I can with out any form of tickets or hotel resi.

Just e-mailed my TA about adding FD to our package, we're doing a 4-night stay in AoA in late Sept. I haven't seen anything available or open for the Finding Nemo Suites, only for the other two, but here's to hoping that there might be something. I kind of don't want to change themes, but am willing to be open about it...

Has anybody gotten FD for any dates ending Nov28-Dec1? (Beginning in the Nov24-27 window)., Especially at AoA or Pop?

There was availability at Pop starting with 11/24 check in (as of 6am) but I haven't seen any since. I've been checking those same dates.

Thinking we may have to switch gears and go at the end of Sept instead if we want to do FD :(

I believe AOA Suites are excluded

AOA suites are most definitely included for Disney VISA cardholders at least. Not sure about general public. I booked a Lion King Suite and saved $2200.

I'm pretty sure the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA are excluded

I'm trying to cancel my full price Lion King Suite to get back for someone else to grab, but I can't get through on the phone or on-line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter