2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they carry over items from the Flower & Garden Festival to the F&W fest? I saw a review by one of the bloggers of some drinks that looked yummy, but they were at the F&G festival.

@Dis_Yoda is right, they typically don't, but I had the same drink at both Food & Wine and Flower & Garden from the China booth. Upon further review it looks like these might be offered year round at the Joy of Tea as well? BaiJoe Punch and the Kung Fu Punch were the only repeats I noticed.

Is there a pamphlet we can get ahead of time with the kiosks and what they serve? Or do you have to wait until you are there and in Epcot to get one?

disneyfoodblog.com will have all the menus and pictures of the items on their F&W page

We'll also have the listing of the Global Marketplace menus on this thread. They will be posted on the first page of this thread when released. I will let everyone know when the info is posted.

The Disney Food Blog is good resource as has been mentioned. They will have photos of the menus and food items. Allears.net is also a good resource as they usually post photos of the menu items. The dis unplugged podcast team will usually attend the opening day of the festival and will post a video of the menu items.

Dumb question (this will be my first F&W so forgive my ignorance), but since dining plans include alcohol now, does this mean snack credits can be used for grown-up beverages at the booths?

Dumb question (this will be my first F&W so forgive my ignorance), but since dining plans include alcohol now, does this mean snack credits can be used for grown-up beverages at the booths?

It's my understanding that you can only get alcoholic beverages with meals. Either TS or QS. One way to get a drink while at F&W might be to share a QS meal (so as not to fill you up) and get your alcoholic drink with that meal. Snack credits are still only used for food and non-alcoholic beverages where indicated by the DDP purple sticker.

I have a few questions:

How bad is it on a Friday at 11 am?

If entering from IG at 11 am on a weekday which side and country should we start with to avoid the largest crowds? I know when entering from FW it's recommended to go left and not right towards Mexico.

How bad is Epcot on Wine and Dine Marathon day which is Sunday 11/4 this year? Kenny The Pirate has it as a "best park" for the day. We are heading to DHS that morning and then hopping over to Epcot around noon for lunch at VN. Our plan is to go to FW and maybe hit up F&W in the evening. Will it be a complete madhouse?

Last edited:
I have a few questions:
How bad is it on a Friday at 11 am?

If entering from IG at 11 am on a weekday which side and country should we start with to avoid the largest crowds?

I know when entering from FW it's recommended to go left and not right towards Mexico.

It shouldn't be too crowded at 11:00 am but it will become much more crowded as the afternoon progresses. I would think that the kiosks the furthest away from Showcase Plaza would be the least crowded. I'd go to the right and start with the France kiosk and work my way around towards Mexico. The only exception would be if you want to sample the Canadian cheddar cheese soup and/or the filet. The Canada kiosk typically has a long line early on.

It shouldn't be too crowded at 11:00 am but it will become much more crowded as the afternoon progresses. I would think that the kiosks the furthest away from Showcase Plaza would be the least crowded. I'd go to the right and start with the France kiosk and work my way around towards Mexico. The only exception would be if you want to sample the Canadian cheddar cheese soup and/or the filet. The Canada kiosk typically has a long line early on.

Thanks!

How bad is Epcot on Wine and Dine Marathon day which is Sunday 11/4 this year? Kenny The Pirate has it as a "best park" for the day. We are heading to DHS that morning and then hopping over to Epcot around noon for lunch at VN. Our plan is to go to FW and maybe hit up F&W in the evening. Will it be a complete madhouse?

Thanks!

I know there is an after party for the race that night so there will probably be quite a few people there. Anyone can buy tickets to the after party, not just racers.

Thanks!

I'm not that familiar with the Wine & Dine Marathon. However, Epcot will be crowded anyway as its a Sunday.

Does anyone know how much they charge for the plastic food trays (the ones with the cup holder). I could have used that last year, so I want to get them this year for sure.

Does anyone know how much they charge for the plastic food trays (the ones with the cup holder). I could have used that last year, so I want to get them this year for sure.
They were $7.00 in 2016.

Where can you buy the trays?
Most of the gift shops have them. You can purchase them at MouseGears and there usually is a store with all of the F&W merchandise on the walkway between Future World and World Showcase.

We don't know yet what's going to happen to the Festival Center (old Wonders of Life pavilion) and if it will open in time for this year's festival. There has been a large selection of the F&W merchandise available in the Festival Center.

What a shocker, the partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts are out!
  • 8/30-31 – Blue October – “Into the Ocean”
  • 9/1-3 – Tiffany – “I Think We’re Alone Now”
  • 9/4-5 – MercyMe – “I Can Only Imagine” NEW
  • 9/6-7 – Glass Tiger – “Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone) NEW
  • 9/8-9 – Tauren Wells – “Hills and Valleys” NEW
  • 9/10-11 – Postmodern Jukebox
  • 9/12-13 – TBD
  • 9/14-16 – Baha Men – “Who Let The Dogs Out”
  • 9/17-19 – TBD
  • 9/20-21 – Living Color – “Cult of Personality”
  • 9/22-23 – Sheila E – “The Glamorous Life” NEW
  • 9/24-26 – Sugar Ray – “Every Morning”
  • 9/27-28 – David Cook – “Light On”
  • 9/29-30 – Jeffrey Osbourne – “On The Wings of Love”
  • 10/1-2 – Jim Belushi & The Sacred Hearts – Various Hits
  • 10/3-4 – Everclear – “Santa Monica”
  • 10/5-7 – Mark Wills – “19 Somethin’”
  • 10/8-10 – Air Supply – “All Out Of Love”
  • 10/11-12 – TBD
  • 10/13-14 – TBD
  • 10/15-16 – 98 Degrees – “Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)” NEW
  • 10/17-18 – 38 Special – “Hold On Loosely”
  • 10/19-21 – Devon Allman Project – “Ragged and Dirty”
  • 10/22-23 – TBD
  • 10/24-25 – Billy Ocean – “Get Outta My Dreams”
  • 10/26-28 – Starship featuring Mickey Thomas – “We Built This City”
  • 10/29-31 – Hanson – “MMMBop”
  • 11/1-2 – TBD
  • 11/3-4 – Taylor Dayne – “Prove Your Love”
  • 11/5-7 – Boyz II Men – “End Of The Road”
  • 11/8-9 – The Hooters – “And We Danced”
  • 11/10-12 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – “Go Daddy-O”

Last edited:
What a shocker, some of the Eat to the Beat schedule is already out!

• 8/30-31 – Blue October – “Into the Ocean”
  • 9/1-3 – Tiffany – “I Think We’re Alone Now”
  • 9/4-5 – MercyMe – “I Can Only Imagine” NEW
  • 9/6-7 – Glass Tiger – “Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone) NEW
  • 9/8-9 – Tauren Wells – “Hills and Valleys” NEW
  • 9/10-11 – Postmodern Jukebox
  • 9/12-13 – TBD
  • 9/14-16 – Baha Men – “Who Let The Dogs Out”
  • 9/17-19 – TBD
  • 9/20-21 – Living Color – “Cult of Personality”
  • 9/22-23 – Sheila E – “The Glamorous Life” NEW
  • 9/24-26 – Sugar Ray – “Every Morning”
  • 9/17-28 – David Cook – “Light On”
  • 9/29-30 – Jeffrey Osbourne – “On The Wings of Love”
  • 10/1-2 – TBD
  • 10/3-4 – Everclear – “Santa Monica”
  • 10/5-7 – Mark Wills – “19 Somethin’”
  • 10/8-10 – Air Supply – “All Out Of Love”
  • 10/11-12 – TBD
  • 10/13-14 – TBD
  • 10/15-16 – 98 Degrees – “Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)” NEW
  • 10/17-18 – 38 Special – “Hold On Loosely”
  • 10/19-21 – Devon Allman Project – “Ragged and Dirty”
  • 10/22-23 – TBD
  • 10/24-25 – Billy Ocean – “Get Outta My Dreams”
  • 10/26-31 – Starship featuring Mickey Thomas – “We Built This City”
  • 11/1-2 – Hanson – “MMMBop”
  • 11/3-4 – TBD
  • 11/5-7 – Taylor Dayne – “Prove Your Love”
  • 11/8-9 – Boyz II Men – “End Of The Road”
  • 111/10-12 – The Hooters – “And We Danced”
  • 111/13-14 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – “Go Daddy-O

No band yet for our first weekend of 13/14 Oct so hoping maybe Baha Men come back (our oldest Greyhound Cardinal always barks along to who let the dogs out) !:rotfl2: Don’t think DH wil like the boy band 98 degrees on 15/16 Oct so might have to go that one alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter