2018 Christmas Vacation Planning

Yes! Booked for Dec 16-23 at BWV! It's our 3rd trip but our 1st Christmas season trip and we are so excited! Planning to do a MVMCP for sure. :)

Bucket list item. Always wanted to go before Christmas to enjoy the holiday season. Just DH and me, Dec 6-13, at AKL. Will do Candlelight Procession, and will tour the resorts to see the gingerbread houses

We've been three times right after Christmas, and while we've had some of the big Christmas trees still up at the parks and the holiday music, most of the place feels a bit like shopping the week between Christmas and New Years - looks a little picked over - LOL!

We are all set for Christmas week at the Polynesian! We purchased a fixed week through DVC, so the reservation is made automatically each year. Love it!!

You will never want to go any other time after this trip! It is a gorgeous tiem of year to visit, and the boardwalk resorts are spectacular

We feel the same way. Our visits are every few years either during Thanksgiving Week or the beginning of Dec. We alternate the resort and have even done a few split stays.

We usually go a few days after Christmas, but this year we're going to be there over the actual holiday. I have young teens--anyone care to share how they've brought some Christmas to WDW? We'll stay at POP and I was thinking about maybe some gel clings for the windows or a small inflatable Christmas tree or something?

I don't know about you but l love how people make fun of me for booking and planning so early. People don't realize how booked up Disney gets during the holidays, l love doing the planning as much as going.

I booked our December 2017 (17th-24th) in January of last year. Started planning all the details at that point. My husband who up to that point was just "meh" about Disney and all three of my kids (all teens) sang my praises all week, and still tell me thank your for the "best planned out and most fun trip of our life." The early planning will pay off so enjoy!!

December 17th-27th staying at BWV. All 30 of us! The last Christmas trip was in 2007 and it was the best Christmas ever.

We visit annually the week before Christmas. This year will be the first time to try TG time because of our annual pass timing. Nov 15-21, booked at 11 months.

We feel the same way. Our visits are every few years either during Thanksgiving Week or the beginning of Dec. We alternate the resort and have even done a few split stays.

We look at different dates, but after the last August trip we are back to December. Anywhere from Thanksgiving to the 15th of December to travel. For our Holiday trips we generally end up at the Beach Club. Some day I think I want to stay at Wilderness Lodge, but every time we plan, we always have good reasons to head back to our old standby. Oh well.....next time, right?

We look at different dates, but after the last August trip we are back to December. Anywhere from Thanksgiving to the 15th of December to travel. For our Holiday trips we generally end up at the Beach Club. Some day I think I want to stay at Wilderness Lodge, but every time we plan, we always have good reasons to head back to our old standby. Oh well.....next time, right?

We were at the YC last trip. It was our first Epcot resort and we loved it! Maybe another time we will do BC. The WL is one of our favorites. The theming is amazing. We love breakfast at WCC and always eat there once during a trip no matter which resort we are staying.

I don't know about you but l love how people make fun of me for booking and planning so early. People don't realize how booked up Disney gets during the holidays, l love doing the planning as much as going.

Agree 100%. We were there over Xmas day 2017 and I started planning in the Spring of last year. We had an amazing time, and not doing any quick service restaurants on our 3 MK days was a lifesaver. The lines at Casey's on Xmas day looked like it would take an hour just to order.

I will find out tomorrow if we're going over NYE this year, depending on whether we can snag a reservation at BWV.

December 7-15 at BWI! :yay:

Booked as a bounceback last December, our third straight trip during early December. Love it!! Already have my airfare booked too, using FF miles. Now I’m chipping away at the resort balance, and will purchase a new AP in October just in time to make fastpasses. I would be more than thrilled to see Kurt Russell narrate CP again *fingers crossed* Woooohooo!

Anyone have any idea on when (if you should get one) a Unique Offer Code would be sent for the Holiday season? I usually always get some throughout the year and I got one for last season through fall. Has anyone ever gotten one for Christmas?? If not, are there are any discounts for Christmas? We're looking at the week before or during Thanksgiving and it's pretty pricey right now.

I've booked my family's first trip for 11/10-11/18/18. Staying at AoA. Last time I was at Disney was in 1995. This will (obviously) be our first trip as a family. I'm so excited I can't stand it. The MVMCP sounds really cool. :)

Anyone have any idea on when (if you should get one) a Unique Offer Code would be sent for the Holiday season? I usually always get some throughout the year and I got one for last season through fall. Has anyone ever gotten one for Christmas?? If not, are there are any discounts for Christmas? We're looking at the week before or during Thanksgiving and it's pretty pricey right now.

Hoiday discounts including the highly coveted Free Dining should be arriving some time around March.

The last time we recieved a special offer code was 2011(?). We booked a Value Resort and some time afterwards we recieved an email with an offer to upgrade to a moderate resort for an additiional $20 a night. Needless to say, we took full advantage! Unfortunately, I thnk the days of those kinds offers are long gone. Has anyone had a recent experience recieving a special offer code?

We go every year for Christmas. We think 2018 will be our last trip for a little while. We want to see other places and think it'll be a little too crazy in 2019.

We usually wait a little while before booking our Christmas trip. With Christmas falling on a Tuesday this year, we may wait it out and see if there's free dining. If so, we'll go December 22nd or 23rd through Jan 1st at BC. Going to call and see what the bounceback offer is for Beach Club during our Easter stay.

Can't say enough great things about Christmas at Disney. Yeah... it's insanely crowded...but having just returned last night from a quick weekend, so was Saturday! Plan correctly and you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter