(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone booked a manicure or pedicure at the GF spa? Wondering if my daughter and I should book these together at the beginning of our trip. But, also wondering how steep the price may be!? Thanks

We usually do the manicure/pedicures at Senses. The services are very good but the prices are much higher than even our Red Door spa. Pedicures are $95 and manicures are $75, these are the signature service they do have a more basic service but still expensive. They do take their time and prices include gratuity and they give you a little bag with all the items they use including the small bottle of polish. There are discounts for Passholders and DVC. HTH.

Also, just be aware that anyone under 18 is not permitted without an adult. They did ask my daughters age when she went by herself.

We usually do the manicure/pedicures at Senses. The services are very good but the prices are much higher than even our Red Door spa. Pedicures are $95 and manicures are $75, these are the signature service they do have a more basic service but still expensive. They do take their time and prices include gratuity and they give you a little bag with all the items they use including the small bottle of polish. There are discounts for Passholders and DVC. HTH.

Also, just be aware that anyone under 18 is not permitted without an adult. They did ask my daughters age when she went by herself.
Wow, that's more than on DCL. But it's nice that you get the polish.

Hi! I am wondering if there is whole milk sold anywhere at GF?
Thanks so much!
I'd check Sandy Cove. It's one of the gift shops in main building, that also sells food. Milk, eggs, juice, bread, cold cuts, etc. You can also by milk of course in Gaspys, but it tend to be cheaper at the resort store.

Hi - do the the floor rooms in Sugarloaf have balconies? I'd like an upper floor but the 4th floor rooms look as though there's something different about them. thanks!

We stayed on the 4th floor at SL a couple of summers ago - we had a balcony but it was much smaller and had a high wall - I can't remember what it is called - we had a really high ceiling in the room which made the room feel bigger I think. I didn't love the balcony but DH really enjoyed it. I didn't love it because our DD was only 3 at the time and couldn't see anything because of how high the wall was! But our room was gorgeous and we loved the offerings so it wasn't that big of a deal to us.

Thank you! Yes I bet she would be packed! :) I need to get going on that too. Only 24 more days! I'm usually an early packer....

That's a wonderful request. Our first stay at the GF was in a corner room in Boca Chica. We had balconies on both sides and amazing views. (This was way back, before there even was a TPV room category). I hope you get your request!

@mmmears Thanks!! So you know how nice that room was too! It was also way back when we got that room, just by chance. I believe there was only garden views and lagoon views at that time for the outer bldgs. We will be fine no matter what. I love the GF! :goodvibes

I don't know about online since the queen deluxe RPC is book by phone/agent only but my SIL did book/stay with 5 in the room this Christmas. We booked the deluxe king RPC in January 2015 with a party of 3 online. I don't like how they don't update the website and don't fully disclose the details of you booking category. If you don't do research like you are invading a country you could end up with something you don't understand or want.

I had a friend that book outer building deluxe. When she made the reservation she said the available categories were garden view, theme park view and the deluxe room. She booked the deluxe believing that it was club level. I had to explain that she just did not see the club level rooms because they were not available for her dates. Now I fully realize it was her fault, but Disney really should do a better job of listing the amenities, occupancy, and what services are included with each category.

We are going back this summer as we already had a split CL stay at Beach and GF and that will be it for CL for awhile for us. I have been an apologist for CL but our last two trips morale for the CM's was so low, it bothered me more than the lack of lounge food etc. We will continue to exchange Christmas and birthday cards with CM's that we have known forever and will visit with them when in Orlando. Hopefully, the amount of compensation they are having to dole out convinces them of guest dissatisfaction.

However, it is obvious that I am part of the problem. We had an awful stay at BC CL last Easter and we booked it again for this summer. If we could book the 2br without CL we would but we need the space when all of us go. I have not posted much because I dislike being so negative and in general most first timers will have a great time and will not be aware of what the service used to be.

I'm glad your SIL was able to book the Deluxe Queen in RPC with five people in December because that means my time spent on the phone with a supervisor in October actually accomplished something! We had booked the Queen Deluxe RPC 9 months prior to fall break (by calling Disney since you can't book this room online). A few days before fall break, DD17 decided that she wanted her friend to go with us. After booking her plane ticket and buying park tickets for her friend, I called to add her to the room reservation, not anticipating that there would be any problem at all:( I was told I could not add her to the reservation because the max room occupancy was 4! I asked to speak to a supervisor, and although he was very pleasant, he told me that they didn't even show that there is a sleeper sofa in the room...which I knew was incorrect because we had stayed in that room category recently! I told him that the sleeper sofa had been added when the room was renovated and told him that he needed to get the room occupancy changed since that was obviously what they had intended to do by adding the sleeper sofa! Unfortunately, for the October trip, he said all we could do was speak to the hotel directly and have my DD's friend added as a "day guest" which would give her access to the resort amenities but not to extra magic hours:( It was absolutely ridiculous since I knew that someone had dropped the ball by not changing the room occupancy....plus all the other resorts already had max occupancy of 5 for their Deluxe rooms ( does BWI CL Deluxe room have max occupancy of 6?)!! Sorry about the rant but I'm glad to hear they got it corrected!

I hope your stay at BC CL this summer is a much better experience than your last one. We have always had a good time there. Although some things have changed in CL, we still find CL to be a relaxing experience and worth the extra money...as long as Disney keeps offering discounts:)

:wave2: to all my Grand friends! Once again, I am popping in after time away. Life keeps getting in the way of the DIS.

I read the last few posts, seems the same old RPC Queen Deluxe issue is still around. :headache: Many old timers can relate, we've seen this discussion time and again. Glad some of you have finally had success with 5; I hope they have gotten the occupancy officially corrected but color me skeptical. :laughing:

baler31, sent you a PM.

:sunny:

I've got no Grand news, but I am popping in to say hello and give a :hug: to k&a&c'smom I always smile when you pop in!

:grouphug: to all my Grand Groupies, and I'd like to weigh in on CL if I may... I don't know the "good old days" since my first CL stay was at AKL in 2010 and my first GF CL stay (SL) was 2011, but I know magic. I always feel special doing CL. I don't do it for the food, but it's an added bonus. I'm not a fan of cutbacks but like Dispro said...as long as there's a decent discount, I'll be staying CL :)

@BlueSkies, I have a work trip that I leave for on Monday for a week, and I haven't even bought a new suitcase yet!!!!!

Tom

You are killing me...:eek:....lol...

@KonaKaiTom and @BlueSkies thank you for your responses to my room request question.

I ended up calling and requesting Boca Chica, corner room, upper level. My DH laughed when I told him. In our many trips to WDW we never get our requests! We have asked to change rooms however and that has worked out well now and then. So we shall see!

I'm just thrilled to be staying at my fave resort for 6 days!!!! After 3 at Poly CL. And F&G too. How can you go wrong with that? :)

Very welcome! :goodvibes....Sounds like it will be an absolutely GRAND trip! Enjoy both hotels and F&G...:rose:

Hi! I am wondering if there is whole milk sold anywhere at GF?
Thanks so much!

Yes..It's available in Sandy Cove....There are pics on page one of the refigerators there..and what they are stocked with....:thumbsup2

I think Tom is correct. Check the fridge in Sandy Cove, too.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We just booked a deluxe garden view room (outer building) for early December for 10 days. We're traveling with two small children (3 & 5). Which building would you recommend? First priority is close to main building/monorail/food, second priority is view, third is pool! Thanks for your advice!

I would suggest Big Pine Key ..it's close to the main building...and dining...and monorail... close to the pool..and not too far from the boat launches which are another nice option for transportation....there are also very lovely views of the pool and courtyard area...Deluxe rooms give you a very nice bit of extra spaced ..with a small sofa...and extra tv too...as has been previously stated..deluxe rooms on the top floor of any of the outer buildings does no have a balcony..in addition..the ones located on the second floor have an enclosed balcony due to the roof line of the portico... third floor has the traditional GF railing.....HTH..:flower3:

Do all Garden View rooms have some type of balcony? I thought they did, but this post mentions that some do not, depending on what floor you are on.

Only deluxe outer building rooms no balcony if the room is located at the top floor of the building....But even in outer building GV rooms..all balconies are not created equal so to speak...lol...some rooms do have dormer balconies...and these are not just located on the tip floor...but can be on various floors due to the design of the building ( they also have vaulted ceilings..which add a very nice visiual space to the room) ...these are the balconies that have a peaked roof over them...they are a bit smaller...and enclosed by a solid wall...but still very nice...they kind of have a cozy feel to them IMO...I do prefer the open balcony with the traditional railing....and if that is what you think you would prefer( or not)..I would just suggest having dormer room..or no dormer room added to your request on your reservation...:wizard:

What are the chances that my daughter and soon to be SIL get a king size bed. They have a lagoon view outer bldg booked and I requested pine key I believe. Its their honeymoon and its listed on their reservation. I want this to be so special for them.

Congrats on the wedding of your DD...how exciting..and what better place to honeymoon! :lovestruc ..I agree that honeymoon should be listed first on the ressie..but I would be sure to list king bed as the second request....BPK has some beautiful views..as does Boca Chica....

Hi - do the the floor rooms in Sugarloaf have balconies? I'd like an upper floor but the 4th floor rooms look as though there's something different about them. thanks!

All of the rooms in SL do have a balcony..with the exception of the deluxe room on the top floor (these are not a bookable category in SL..but there are 3 ..and they are by request) ..but as I posted above some balconies are enclosed..and are part of what is called a dormer room...so a bit different ..but still a very nice option....:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing that link follow ..There are going to be a lot of happy princesses promenading at the GF these days! princess:

We stayed on the 4th floor at SL a couple of summers ago - we had a balcony but it was much smaller and had a high wall - I can't remember what it is called - we had a really high ceiling in the room which made the room feel bigger I think. I didn't love the balcony but DH really enjoyed it. I didn't love it because our DD was only 3 at the time and couldn't see anything because of how high the wall was! But our room was gorgeous and we loved the offerings so it wasn't that big of a deal to us.

They are called dormer rooms...lots of talk about them going on currently...lol...::yes:: I agree about those higher ceilings making the room seem bigger...

pas Great perspective...I too share those sentiments....:goodvibes

k&a&c'smom....:hug: Welcome back....Always nice to see you around here!!!

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a fabulous Friday!!! :earsgirl: early packing GF gal....lol...

pas and BlueSkies, hello to you both, my friends!! :hug: I need to go back and read up to see what recent trips you and all the GF fans have been enjoying. I have to live vicariously, I'm sad to say - DD's time off has been taken up with weddings and Christmas lately, hehe.

Oh, the dreaded dormer room, lol. Dreaded for me, I mean, lots of other guests like them. There should be a photo on the first page, in the rooms post, IIRC (#3, maybe?).

We've been enjoying beautiful weather here the last few weeks, but today is gloomy and cold. Oh, to be lounging by the GF pool, drink in hand. :cloud9:

Is there a way to ask for the deluxe club room? It would be great to have the space but we want club. But the balcony stinks with little kids? My kids LOVE balconies. (which sometimes can be an issue)

pas and BlueSkies, hello to you both, my friends!! :hug: I need to go back and read up to see what recent trips you and all the GF fans have been enjoying. I have to live vicariously, I'm sad to say - DD's time off has been taken up with weddings and Christmas lately, hehe.

Oh, the dreaded dormer room, lol. Dreaded for me, I mean, lots of other guests like them. There should be a photo on the first page, in the rooms post, IIRC (#3, maybe?).

We've been enjoying beautiful weather here the last few weeks, but today is gloomy and cold. Oh, to be lounging by the GF pool, drink in hand. :cloud9:

:wave: It's a "dreaded" dormer room for me too! I find them dark, less light coming in because of solid balcony wall, and I like to see out when sitting on balcony instead of looking at a wall! I've gotten one before in Boca, but when we went into room and saw it was a dormer, I went back to desk and asked if we could get another room. Got a great 2nd floor room in Boca. Requesting Boca Chica again for August. Fingers crossed for another great view.

:wave: It's a "dreaded" dormer room for me too! I find them dark, less light coming in because of solid balcony wall, and I like to see out when sitting on balcony instead of looking at a wall! I've gotten one before in Boca, but when we went into room and saw it was a dormer, I went back to desk and asked if we could get another room. Got a great 2nd floor room in Boca. Requesting Boca Chica again for August. Fingers crossed for another great view.
Oh, those dormers! We stayed in a dormer during our first GF stay several moons ago. We found them dark and slightly claustrophobic. To top it off our view was blocked by a rather well-grown tree. This was in Boca Chica, lagoon view. So, we missed out on quite a bit by having that particular dormer room. We shoulda, coulda, woulda changed. But, we stuck fat.

Sue, I hope you get a great room with a view in August.

pas Great perspective...I too share those sentiments....

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a fabulous Friday!!! :earsgirl: early packing GF gal....lol...
It's Friday ;) :hug: Do you think it's odd I posted I've got no Grand news, yet now my heart is being pulled back "home" :)

Yes pool, drink, Grand buddies :grouphug: I'll be headed down to YC in 13 days for a quickie couples trip with DH. Summer I have Poly/BWI booked, but you know my changing ways my friend ;)

So excited to be staying in a 2 bed villas end of April! We will be picked up by ME at around 7 30 am on departure day- can anyone tell me what will be open for breakfast around 6 30?

Not been on much lately...had to cancel my WDW visit for my bd week. We had a death in the family right before we were to leave. (hubby's aunt) I was of course very disappointed (and I'm sure you all can sympathize greatly!) and am trying to work out a do-over very soon. This was to have been my first ever trip down there for my birthday, and everyone knew how excited I was over it!
Fingers crossed I can make up the trip soon!!
Trish. hurry up and do a TR!!!! I'm dying to know how your DL visit was!!

Not been on much lately...had to cancel my WDW visit for my bd week. We had a death in the family right before we were to leave. (hubby's aunt) I was of course very disappointed (and I'm sure you all can sympathize greatly!) and am trying to work out a do-over very soon. This was to have been my first ever trip down there for my birthday, and everyone knew how excited I was over it!
Fingers crossed I can make up the trip soon!!
Trish. hurry up and do a TR!!!! I'm dying to know how your DL visit was!!
Sorry for the loss for your family :hug: and I am sorry you had to reschedule :hug: A belated birthday trip sounds great too. I can totally sympathize, I had my birthday at BC CL last summer. It was a great day for me for sure.

Booked a night at GF for next month before continuing to the beach. We haven't stayed at GF for over 6 yrs. at that time we were in BPK. We have a garden view booked, any suggestions for a building? Thanks.

Sorry for the loss for your family :hug: and I am sorry you had to reschedule :hug: A belated birthday trip sounds great too. I can totally sympathize, I had my birthday at BC CL last summer. It was a great day for me for sure.
Thanks, Pas. I'm working on it every day...I hope it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter