Oogie Boogie Question

klamb55

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if I can leverage a TA to help my secure OBB tickets when they go on sale?

I had my trip last year scheduled through a TA. Our Oogie Boogie tickets had to be purchased separately and by myself. You have to be logged into your Disney account.

How hard was it to get them? I’m just concerned as with my job I don’t know I can sit in a queue for hours

Last year was horrible. All day long in the queue and then a notice that sales were ended. They reopened them on another day.

It seems like it takes several hours, at least that has been my experience when I have purchased runDisney events. I take the morning off work.

I had my trip last year scheduled through a TA. Our Oogie Boogie tickets had to be purchased separately and by myself. You have to be logged into your Disney account.
I have only ever used MDE for WDW. I just got the app on my phone for DL but am not familiar with it. Do you know WHERE in the app they'll be available? Will it be intuitive? I'm trying to stay on top of the release date but am paranoid I'll miss it. I've heard probably June?! If there are 3 parties scheduled for the week that we're there will be able to just grab whatever day is available if our VQ number comes up or do I have to pick one specific day at the start of the queue and then have no chance for any of the other days because I picked the wrong one? DL is a once in a decade trip for us so we'd really like to catch it but this all day queue thing has me worried as I also work... Do they usually go on sale in CA time or Eastern?

I have only ever used MDE for WDW. I just got the app on my phone for DL but am not familiar with it. Do you know WHERE in the app they'll be available? Will it be intuitive? I'm trying to stay on top of the release date but am paranoid I'll miss it. I've heard probably June?! If there are 3 parties scheduled for the week that we're there will be able to just grab whatever day is available if our VQ number comes up or do I have to pick one specific day at the start of the queue and then have no chance for any of the other days because I picked the wrong one? DL is a once in a decade trip for us so we'd really like to catch it but this all day queue thing has me worried as I also work... Do they usually go on sale in CA time or Eastern?

1. In the app and on the Disney website, they will be available under the Special Events section under Tickets & Parks. It's pretty intuitive to find, but you can practice finding it both on the website and in the app anytime you want.
  2. Last year the first round of general ticket sales was June 29, I believe. It was a disaster with the servers crashing so they had to do a second round of general ticket sales a few weeks later, but that is not the normal practice.
  3. You select your dates after you make it THROUGH the queue. Once you make it through the queue, you will be able to see what dates still have availability.
  4. Tickets go on sale Pacific Time (CA local time).
  5. Misc. additional info: last year, they limited each person to no more than 8 tickets. You will be in the queue anywhere from 5 minutes to hours (and, if it goes the way it did last year, there will be many people who will find after hours of waiting that all dates are sold out). It is almost certain that all dates will sell out the day they go on sale, so you have to be ready. Once it is your turn to purchase the tickets, you have 10 or 15 minutes to make the purchase before you are kicked out - so even if you use the new Disney "queue notification system" (which will alert you when it is your turn to purchase) you have to be ready and able to make the purchase quickly.

1. In the app and on the Disney website, they will be available under the Special Events section under Tickets & Parks. It's pretty intuitive to find, but you can practice finding it both on the website and in the app anytime you want.
  2. Last year the first round of general ticket sales was June 29, I believe. It was a disaster with the servers crashing so they had to do a second round of general ticket sales a few weeks later, but that is not the normal practice.
  3. You select your dates after you make it THROUGH the queue. Once you make it through the queue, you will be able to see what dates still have availability.
  5. Misc. additional info: last year, they limited each person to no more than 8 tickets. You will be in the queue anywhere from 5 minutes to hours (and, if it goes the way it did last year, there will be many people who will find after hours of waiting that all dates are sold out). It is almost certain that all dates will sell out the day they go on sale, so you have to be ready. Once it is your turn to purchase the tickets, you have 10 or 15 minutes to make the purchase before you are kicked out - so even if you use the new Disney "queue notification system" (which will alert you when it is your turn to purchase) you have to be ready and able to make the purchase quickly.
How far out will they announce the on sale date?

Thank you for such a detailed answer! Guess I'll be on pins & needles for the next month or so?! :rolleyes1

I, too, wish there was a hotel bucket of these tickets, however, Disney sells all of the tickets and sells out the hotels during the month of October for sure, so they have no incentive to do anything differently. Unfortunate.

I, too, wish there was a hotel bucket of these tickets, however, Disney sells all of the tickets and sells out the hotels during the month of October for sure, so they have no incentive to do anything differently. Unfortunate.
The small army of DVC guides trying to sell Disneyland tower would likely disagree. Showing that you can book your October trip and get into OBB easier would be a helpful selling angle.

Give us 30k and you can “Stay Magical/Oggie Every Year”….

Can you buy tickets to more than one date at a time once your wait is up? Or do you have to rejoin the queue to purchase a second date?

Can you buy tickets to more than one date at a time once your wait is up? Or do you have to rejoin the queue to purchase a second date?
You can only purchase tickets for one date per turn in the queue. So if you want to purchase more tickets for a second date, you start over in the queue a second time.

It allowed me to do so last year. Once I got access into the website to purchase tickets (after waiting in the queue), I chose our first date, added them to the cart, paid, then clicked back into event tickets for our second date. You had to pay for each night individually.

To clarify, you were given a set amount of time to enter the website and purchase more dates before it kicked you out. Once your time was up, you had to wait back in the queue.

Now, there’s no guarantee checkout will work exactly this way again this year, but that is definitely how it worked last year.

Last edited:
Last year, once I got access into the website to purchase tickets (after waiting in the queue), it allowed me to choose multiple dates. But you had to check out them out individually.

To clarify, you were given a set amount of time to enter the website and purchase more dates before it kicked you out. Once your time was up, you had to wait back in the queue.

Now, there’s no guarantee checkout will work exactly this way again this year, but that is definitely how it worked last year.

I also want to add, this was the same process used for securing two nights to Star Wars Nites this year (waited in the queue on release day to general public).

Does a ticket to OBB count as a park ticket, or do you also need a park ticket in addition to OBB ticket? I'll be in Irvine for a work thing the first weekend in October and I've never been to DL, so my wife is going to come along with me and hopefully we can attend OBB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter