(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All, I have been reading the thread for a while and have just booked a week at the GF next August, so am soo excited!

I have a couple of questions:

Do they play music around the resort during the day? If so, what kind? We have previously stayed at the Poly and WL and I loved the added ambiance the music gave to each with the quiet music playing around the grounds- does the GF have similar?

Also, we have a GV outer building room- I'm thinking of asking for a Conch Key Marina View. Any thoughts on this? We'd like a quiet place to sit out and thought the marina may be quieter than looking over the pool area?

Thanks for any advice you can give :-).

Morning everyone!!!

Getting ready for the 4th here today!! I just read that their streaming the fireworks tonight and tomorrow from the castle.

I am trying to find information about shipping a package to the Grand before we arrive. Does anyone have information on this? I got some info from another thread, but I wanted my info to come from the pros...:worship:

I have stayed in both and preferred the turret because of the size, windows and walk in closet!!!

However, it was nice to see the castle from our 2nd floor room. (not a bad consolation prize, Eh?)

Good Luck!

Thanks! I know we'll be happy with whatever we get, so it's nice to hear that the rooms are still great. Seems like it's the "two elevator" situation that causes the most difficulty... We'll get over it. Are there options to take stairs instead of elevators? Just curious. Might be faster than waiting for elevators and it sounds like it would only be two flights.

Thanks! I know we'll be happy with whatever we get, so it's nice to hear that the rooms are still great. Seems like it's the "two elevator" situation that causes the most difficulty... We'll get over it. Are there options to take stairs instead of elevators? Just curious. Might be faster than waiting for elevators and it sounds like it would only be two flights.
No to get to 3-5th floor have to use elevator. However for dd and I we didn't mind. What is nice is how close it is to the elevator for gaspies/pool/busses!

So farther for lounge but more convenient to get outside quick.

We never had to wait for an elevator either.

Page 2 rescue...
Hello fellow GF fans...things have been super hectic. ..so not much time for my fave pass time...and I didn't forget about my trip review. ..it's coming soon...really! !??? :flower::upsidedow...lol..

:tiptoe:I'm back..................this Grand Groupie who has been lurking and changing for months...years....I am finally getting back to the GRAND:love: only two nights but that is okay! 8/18-8/20 the Pas clan will be at Sugarloaf!!!!!!!!!!:flower1:

Hey you!!!! Welcome back!!! :hug: Always nice to have a fellow Grand Groupie around....:cheer2: Congrats on getting 2 nights in at SL...I'm sure it will be great...even grand...lol...

Where is everyone? Getting ready to celebrate this weekend? party:

Beach and barbecue! !! Hope you have a good one too grannyminnie...:goodvibes

I have stayed in both and preferred the turret because of the size, windows and walk in closet!!!

However, it was nice to see the castle from our 2nd floor room. (not a bad consolation prize, Eh?)

Good Luck!

Great info!!!:thumbsup2

So busy so I don't have to work tomorrow!!! Happy 4th of July !!!!

Also been busy double checking my plans! Only 40 days until "all you can eat scones and champagne"!

:cheer2::cheer2: Woohoo. ..the time will fly!

pas, we will be at disney at the same time, but my crew is staying at the poly. maybe we will run into each other. i saw your ticker that you will be in AMI- we will be there 8/15-8/19 and driving from there to the poly on the 19th! maybe we will be spending the whole month together... LOL!!:rotfl:

Sounds like a fab party!!!:dance3:

Hello All, I have been reading the thread for a while and have just booked a week at the GF next August, so am soo excited!

I have a couple of questions:

Do they play music around the resort during the day? If so, what kind? We have previously stayed at the Poly and WL and I loved the added ambiance the music gave to each with the quiet music playing around the grounds- does the GF have similar?

Also, we have a GV outer building room- I'm thinking of asking for a Conch Key Marina View. Any thoughts on this? We'd like a quiet place to sit out and thought the marina may be quieter than looking over the pool area?

Thanks for any advice you can give :-).

There are speaker that play a "light" music in the marina area in front of Gasparillas. ...but I dont recall hearing any around the property in general..Sounds like you have a great request for an outer building ..marina side of Conch is quiet with the exception of the boat horns...shorts toots...nothing startling...a sound I happen to enjoy...and the train whistle from the MK ...again..just a subtle sound..
I am sure you will enjoy your balcony time there. ..:goodvibes

Morning everyone!!!

Getting ready for the 4th here today!! I just read that their streaming the fireworks tonight and tomorrow from the castle.

I am trying to find information about shipping a package to the Grand before we arrive. Does anyone have information on this? I got some info from another thread, but I wanted my info to come from the pros...:worship:

Hi Wishes :goodvibes..I am not sure of the specifics on shipping to the resort...but I am pretty sure there is info on page one here about it..I think you ship to yourself c/o the Grand Floridian. and need to include your ressie number too ....I'd like to see the stream of those fireworks as well...I've heard they are incredible for the 4th!:thumbsup2 Btw..its almost trip time for you!!:yay::yay:

Dispro Hope that you decide to take that winter trip..and we will be Boardwalkin together!!!::yes::

Hope that you all have a fabulous 4th!! Especially those of you lucky enough to be at WDW...:earsgirl: preppy GF gal who is happy to be able to be celebrating this great land we call home...:cake:

Last edited:
Page 2 rescue...
Hello fellow GF fans...things have been super hectic. ..so not much time for my fave pass time...and I didn't forget about my trip review. ..it's coming soon...really! !??? :flower::upsidedow...lol..

Hey you!!!! Welcome back!!! :hug: Always nice to have a fellow Grand Groupie around....:cheer2: Congrats on getting 2 nights in at SL...I'm sure it will be great...even grand...lol...

Beach and barbecue! !! Hope you have a good one too grannyminnie...:goodvibes

Great info!!!:thumbsup2

:cheer2::cheer2: Woohoo. ..the time will fly!

Sounds like a fab party!!!:dance3:

There are speaker that play a "light" music in the marina area in front of Gasparillas. ...but I dont recall hearing any around the property in general..Sounds like you have a great request for an outer building ..marina side of Conch is quiet with the exception of the boat horns...shorts toots...nothing startling...a sound I happen to enjoy...and the train whistle from the MK ...again..just a subtle sound..
I am sure you will enjoy your balcony time there. ..:goodvibes

Hi Wishes :goodvibes..I am not sure of the specifics on shipping to the resort...but I am pretty sure there is info on page one here about it..I think you ship to yourself c/o the Grand Floridian. and need to include your ressie number too ....I'd like to see the stream of those fireworks as well...I've heard they are incredible for the 4th!:thumbsup2 Btw..its almost trip time for you!!:yay::yay:

Dispro Hope that you decide to take that winter trip..and we will be Boardwalkin together!!!::yes::

Hope that you all have a fabulous 4th!! Especially those of you lucky enough to be at WDW...:earsgirl: preppy GF gal who is happy to be able to be celebrating this great land we call home...:cake:

Beach and a barbecue sounds awesome to me!! Our plans for the fourth got completely rained out... It's been like a monsoon here!! I should have been at a gorgeous lake enjoying the sun, tubing with my girls, and drinking margaritas and coffee with my dad (not at the same time) :( That's why I love Disney (and GF)!! You can have fun rain or shine!! And yes... We will be Boardwalking together:) DH got upgraded to first class the whole way home, so after the free drinks, he was in total vacation mode! He booked our flights from the plane-lol!!

Sorry about the rained out holiday. ..but...soooo happy we will be Boardwalkin together :goodvibes. ..good thing for first class flights and free drinks :thumbsup2:drinking1...lol...

There will be 4 of us and we are very excited...so the suites have been "re-imagined"? I found a couple of pictures online of the suite but they look extremely outdated and we were hoping that it had been updated. I'm not sure if you uploaded the pictures or maybe I just don't know where or how to find them if you posted them?

Post pics of the room from your stay! Hopefully the suite has been updated...I saw some of the pics online and I agree with you that those did look pretty outdated! Hopefully it has the new decor when you are there!

...... does Summer Lace offer plus size clothing? TIA

I am not entirely sure. I don't recall seeing plus size clothing. I can only remember seeing sizes up to XL. I'm not even sure if they have anything past a size 14.

Does anyone else know? I am curious, too.

i know that they definitely have never stocked any when i have looked. i shopped there as recently as april 2015.

Morning,

Hope everyone had a great July 4th weekend!

We are staying at the Grand Floridian next April, apart from the 2 pool bars can anyone recommend the best place for that cool beer in the evening?

I know there are lounges at Mizner and Citrico's but am I best just heading to the pool bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter