(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of the deluxe king in the main building have balconies other than the ones on the second floor? I would really like a balcony but not excited about being on the second floor.
Thanks!!!

That's a bummer!!!! How bad are the second floor rooms? Should I change my balcony request?
Thanks everyone!!!

That's a bummer!!!! How bad are the second floor rooms? Should I change my balcony request?
Thanks everyone!!!
I never stayed in a king deluxe, booked one but was pixie dusted.....One of the RPC CM's told me had we not been pixie dusted we would have been on the 2nd floor......They seem like they would be a pain when going to the lounge....2 elevators rides( 1 to the 3rd fl turn left walk down a long hall to another elevator and down 1 fl) or you could go directly to what is known as the pool elevator, it's entrance is next to Gasparilla Grill but you would have to that every time you wanted to go the lounge if you were there......There is a plus to being on the 2nd floor, laundry. If you wish to do yours it's right there. 1 washer 1 dryer( not sure of cost per load........For a room request I just ask for close to the lounge

:tiptoe:I'm back..................this Grand Groupie who has been lurking and changing for months...years....I am finally getting back to the GRAND:love: only two nights but that is okay! 8/18-8/20 the Pas clan will be at Sugarloaf!!!!!!!!!!:flower1:

pas, we will be at disney at the same time, but my crew is staying at the poly. maybe we will run into each other. i saw your ticker that you will be in AMI- we will be there 8/15-8/19 and driving from there to the poly on the 19th! maybe we will be spending the whole month together... LOL!!:rotfl:

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the Roy Disney suite in the main building? We were "pixie dusted" to it from Disney overbooking the VGF for July 4th - 6th but I know nothing about it. I'm the type that likes to know everything about where I'm staying (room photos, location etc..), but this one has caught me right off guard and I can't seem to find much on it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

I haven't stayed in either king deluxe room, but we're going to the GF for the first time in November. I reserved a king deluxe and have done a lot of reading (and PM'ing the experts on here), and it sounds like the 2nd floor rooms themselves are nice. They aren't as big as the turret style but they have the jacuzzi tub and balcony, which the turret don't have.

For me, I'd actually like the balcony but the location seems annoying. I guess you have to take two elevators to get to the main building...and that seems to be the biggest complaint. I don't think I'd like it myself, but at the same time I don't think we'll be going back and forth a ton. When we go to the lounge we'll be sitting in there and relaxing and not running to the room and lounge and back. So with that said, I'm really hoping for a turret but will try to be positive if we get the 2nd floor room. Again, without the back and forth for us, maybe it won't be too annoying and the balcony will make it awesome!!

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the Roy Disney suite in the main building? We were "pixie dusted" to it from Disney overbooking the VGF for July 4th - 6th but I know nothing about it. I'm the type that likes to know everything about where I'm staying (room photos, location etc..), but this one has caught me right off guard and I can't seem to find much on it.

Awesome!! Congrats!! I'm excited to see what pictures people post for you!!

Congrats.....I stayed in the Walt Suite which is right above it.....I'll look thru my pics so you can get a general idea

EDIT..
Here is the link to my photobucket containing my Walt Suite pics
http://s37.photobucket.com/user/ahcupcake8/library/Walt Disney Suite

Fantastic...thank you!!! How was it? Would love some feedback!!!
Mom & I loved it, yep that's right there was only 2 of us.....Our stay was April 2011, shortly after the suite refurbs.....HUGE closet in master bedroom...Loved seeing photos of Walt & family.
The last pic on page 3 is the layout for the suite, I'm assuming the Roy Suite has the same.....Has a nice large balcony overlooking the courtyard pool....You're fairly short walk to the lounge.....Hopefully someone who had a more recent stay in either suite will pop in......Hope that helped

Mom & I loved it, yep that's right there was only 2 of us.....Our stay was April 2011, shortly after the suite refurbs.....HUGE closet in master bedroom...Loved seeing photos of Walt & family.
The last pic on page 3 is the layout for the suite, I'm assuming the Roy Suite has the same.....Has a nice large balcony overlooking the courtyard pool....You're fairly short walk to the lounge.....Hopefully someone who had a more recent stay in either suite will pop in......Hope that helped

There will be 4 of us and we are very excited...so the suites have been "re-imagined"? I found a couple of pictures online of the suite but they look extremely outdated and we were hoping that it had been updated. I'm not sure if you uploaded the pictures or maybe I just don't know where or how to find them if you posted them?

There will be 4 of us and we are very excited...so the suites have been "re-imagined"? I found a couple of pictures online of the suite but they look extremely outdated and we were hoping that it had been updated. I'm not sure if you uploaded the pictures or maybe I just don't know where or how to find them if you posted them?
Hmm, I thought I had pics of the room than what I did.....Well like I said our stay was 4 yrs ago so I don't know what if anything was done with them last year when they refurb'd the rooms....Ahhhhh found some pics this is the livingroom BUT I don't know if this is what it looked before my stay or if this is what the suite currently looks like........I did copy some info about the Roy & Walt Suites

GF_Walt_Disney_Suite_Living_Room.jpg

Walt Disney Suite. The 1,690-square-foot Walt Disney Suite is a favorite, filled with Walt’s memorabilia including railroad models and family pictures. You can almost feel you’re in Walt’s apartment, expecting him to return any minute. Enter from the marble foyer into the cozy living room decorated in shades of rose, green, gold, and cream with rose-motif carpeting, wet bar, desk, entertainment center with flat-screen TV, chaise lounge, sofa, two easy chairs, coffee table, and four-person dining table. Off the foyer is a half bath. The master bedroom, painted in a pastel blue, has a king-size bed, desk, sofa, entertainment center with flat-screen TV, a large walk-in closet with a bureau, and a marble bathroom with two sinks, whirlpool tub, and separate, oversized shower. The second bedroom has twin sleigh beds, easy chair with ottoman, an entertainment center with flat-screen TV, and second double-sink bath. A balcony that is almost the length of the suite faces the courtyard pool, the beach, and the lagoon with views of Disney’s Polynesian Resort and The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.

Roy O. Disney Suite. Just below the Walt Disney Suite is the Roy O. Disney Suite, comparable in shape and size with a moss green and salmon color scheme and memorabilia representing Walt’s brother Roy, including a wall of family photographs.

pas, we will be at disney at the same time, but my crew is staying at the poly. maybe we will run into each other. i saw your ticker that you will be in AMI- we will be there 8/15-8/19 and driving from there to the poly on the 19th! maybe we will be spending the whole month together... LOL!!:rotfl:
Birthday twins :) We will just miss you. AMI from 8/8-8/13 and then BC. However we will be chilling at GF on the 19th so maybe we will see each other, it's grand to be back on the GF thread

They were working on the outer building suites when we were there two weeks ago. We peaked in a suite in Conch but every thing was just gutted basically. They had not started on the main building suites at that time they were next up when they finish all the outer building suites. Had friends in 4005, main building 2br suite and it was the older decor.

I am working on our latest trip report but it is crazy time around here we are getting ready for our Japan vacation and kids have all kinds of activities going on.
As someone mentioned with our view we were in 4025 with a nice view of the monorail and beach pool. Will post the report soon I hope. Don't have many more photos as I posted most of them already.

Hope everyone with upcoming trips has a wonderful time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter