• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what restaurants do you have reservations for? Always looking for restaurant recommendations especially around the GF.

Not too many real close to the GF, but our ADRs are Trails End (1st time going there), Crystal Palace, Cape May (breakfast & dinner), Whispering Canyon, Hollywood & Vine, Ohana, and CRT breakfast. I did have 1900 PF on our party night, but changed to Crystal Palace :).

Not too many real close to the GF, but our ADRs are Trails End (1st time going there), Crystal Palace, Cape May (breakfast & dinner), Whispering Canyon, Hollywood & Vine, Ohana, and CRT breakfast. I did have 1900 PF on our party night, but changed to Crystal Palace :).

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

We decided to have an Afternoon Tea and “graze” on the party snacks on our Party day :cake:. Some of those look incredible. Just finished Fast Passes so it’s time to start packing right? :P

Sounds awesome!! Let us know about Trails End when you back. I never even heard of it, I'll have to look it up now!!:surfweb:

Just finished Fast Passes so it’s time to start packing right? :P

That's exactly what I would want to do!!:yay:

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

We decided to have an Afternoon Tea and “graze” on the party snacks on our Party day :cake:. Some of those look incredible. Just finished Fast Passes so it’s time to start packing right? :P

Thank you :goodvibes.

I've never done the afternoon tea, but it sounds like a nice time. Hope you got all the FPs you wanted. I say go for it with packing.....it's never to early to start :D.

Hope you have a great trip as well :).

Sounds awesome!! Let us know about Trails End when you back. I never even heard of it, I'll have to look it up now!!:surfweb:

Trails End is at Fort Wilderness. I will certainly post a review when I get back. It was never on my radar, but I have read good things about it, so thought for something different we'd give it a try :).

So excited! Our oldest will graduate in May and she asked to do one more family trip this year before she heads off to college. We looked at November, but it didn’t work with school schedules. So now we are coming May 25. We are in the 2 bedroom Villas - my DH has stayed at them during the marathon weekends, but the rest of us haven’t. So that will be a new experience for all of us. I really appreciated the pictures a few pages back of the Villa pics. Thanks for posting them!

So excited! Our oldest will graduate in May and she asked to do one more family trip this year before she heads off to college. We looked at November, but it didn’t work with school schedules. So now we are coming May 25. We are in the 2 bedroom Villas - my DH has stayed at them during the marathon weekends, but the rest of us haven’t. So that will be a new experience for all of us. I really appreciated the pictures a few pages back of the Villa pics. Thanks for posting them!
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...-grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/points-rooms/

Here is the DVC website. I love seeing the floor plans.

only FOUR MORE DAYS until I arrive!
:mickeyjum:figment::goofy::ccat::donald:

Have a great time!! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

How exciting! Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

In 2 weeks I'll be checking into RPC:worship:

Have a great time! :wizard:

If no one answers check the CL thread. They may be hiding over there. I know I read some were going to be there this time frame.

In 2 weeks I'll be checking into RPC:worship:

Knowing you are only a couple of weeks away I’m tempted to just wait for another of your fabulous trip reports, I’m sure you’ll be able to get every detail we need on the top secret work recently done at SL.

Thought I’d note that I’m digging for more info because a friend who recently stayed was told by a Poly CM that SL was also getting all new mattresses along with a general refinishing (we already had known of the painting) and ceiling work was required, didn’t not specify where though.

Knowing you are only a couple of weeks away I’m tempted to just wait for another of your fabulous trip reports, I’m sure you’ll be able to get every detail we need on the top secret work recently done at SL.

Thought I’d note that I’m digging for more info because a friend who recently stayed was told by a Poly CM that SL was also getting all new mattresses along with a general refinishing (we already had known of the painting) and ceiling work was required, didn’t not specify where though.
Did you hear about the ceiling falling from 4th floor to lobby last year? I believe the lounge had issues yet when I was there after that and I didn't notice.

I am thinking mostly cosmetic repairs vs anything cool. I was there shortly after the last lounge remodel 2015 or 16 (I'd have to look at pics). So I think since that was just done probably just an update with HVAC etc as others have posted.

I'll ask when I'm there.

Any pic requests?

Did you hear about the ceiling falling from 4th floor to lobby last year? I believe the lounge had issues yet when I was there after that and I didn't notice.

I am thinking mostly cosmetic repairs vs anything cool. I was there shortly after the last lounge remodel 2015 or 16 (I'd have to look at pics). So I think since that was just done probably just an update with HVAC etc as others have posted.

I'll ask when I'm there.

Any pic requests?

Doesn’t matter a @trishadono update is all I need, haha!!!

Quick Question for you super smart Grand Floridian folks!
I know the Beach Pool Bar and Grill doesn't open really early in the morning, but can you still fill your mug there bright and early? I'm guessing so, but thought I'd check. I'm 9 months until I'll be there, but for some reason I need to know this right now! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter