(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks!

I’m excited to not be worried about if we will have connecting rooms. In the past we have had to be in 2 rooms and they won’t guarantee connecting rooms. One time we had to stay at the Poly and the only way to get connecting rooms was to be on the first floor and have a view of the people collecting garbage.

Going through the craziness of last minute preparations and packing this weekend with two little ones, but Monday morning we'll be at the GF! Staying in the villas for the first time. We have a resort/pool day planned, so hopefully the weather cooperates.

Have a great time! :yay:

Good morning fellow GF fans! Happy Labor Day! Hope you are all enjoying the long weekend!

Not too many real close to the GF, but our ADRs are Trails End (1st time going there), Crystal Palace, Cape May (breakfast & dinner), Whispering Canyon, Hollywood & Vine, Ohana, and CRT breakfast. I did have 1900 PF on our party night, but changed to Crystal Palace :).

What a nice selection of dining! We keep trying to get over to Trail's End ..but haven't been successful yet! Looking forward to hearing what you think..:thumbsup2

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

We decided to have an Afternoon Tea and “graze” on the party snacks on our Party day :cake:. Some of those look incredible. Just finished Fast Passes so it’s time to start packing right? :P

Sounds like a great plan...party snacks are delicious and fun! Every year there is such a variety! Enjoy!!
Hope that you got all of your FPs...and def get packing...lol...:goodvibes

:scared1:

Page 3 save!!!

Everyone must be busy enjoying the last official weekend of the summer!!

Hey there...:hug:

Check my signature for a recent change . :rolleyes1

Woohoo..a family trip..the more the merrier right! :crowded:..and ending a trip in RPC is so nice! Looking forward to hearing about any new fall food offerings in the lounge...After all..it's always about the food...;)

Knowing you are only a couple of weeks away I’m tempted to just wait for another of your fabulous trip reports, I’m sure you’ll be able to get every detail we need on the top secret work recently done at SL.

Thought I’d note that I’m digging for more info because a friend who recently stayed was told by a Poly CM that SL was also getting all new mattresses along with a general refinishing (we already had known of the painting) and ceiling work was required, didn’t not specify where though.

Interested to find out too...when I enquired..they said inside painting..particularly the ceiling in the atrium area..and HVAC work...

Staying GF first time this winter in Sugarloaf. Looking forward to it. Last year BWI CL.

How very nice!! Enjoy..SL is so centrally located on the GF grounds..btw..our 2 fave resorts are the GF and BWI...

Going through the craziness of last minute preparations and packing this weekend with two little ones, but Monday morning we'll be at the GF! Staying in the villas for the first time. We have a resort/pool day planned, so hopefully the weather cooperates.

Safe travels..have a grand time!! Hope you will come back and share details of your villa stay...we need more of them! ::yes::

Quick Question for you super smart Grand Floridian folks!
I know the Beach Pool Bar and Grill doesn't open really early in the morning, but can you still fill your mug there bright and early? I'm guessing so, but thought I'd check. I'm 9 months until I'll be there, but for some reason I need to know this right now! LOL!

Hope the time flies! As far as I know the area where the beverages are dispensed is closed off when the pool bar is closed...but I haven't been out at the pool bar since last winter....the alternative would be Gasparillas over in the marina area...:drinking1

We are working on planning for our next trip..hopefully BW/GF split..this has become our fave...I call it the best of both worlds! Lol...

Have a magical Monday! :earsgirl:

Last edited:

We arrived in the morning, dropped off our bags with bell services and grabbed an early lunch at Gasparilla’s. We brought the kids to the splash pad, waited it out under an umbrella when it started pouring and then went to the pool for a few minutes before it closed down due to an impending storm. That was fine because I checked
MDE and had our room assignment by this time! Never got a text this time. Nice to see the room number by early afternoon, since we’d been told the villas were totally booked last night and to expect a later room assignment.

We are very happy with our room so far. It’s a standard studio but I’m pretty sure we have a fireworks view. (Room ends in -29.) We have a partial view of the lake. I had rented points and asked the owner to put in a request for a standard room on this end of the building — request met!

Off to an early supper at ‘Ohana in a bit!

We just switched from BC to GF for our Nov trip! The only non CL room they had was Lagoon View. Is this a good thing? The top of my request list is we don’t want to be by noisy areas like game room/elevators/etc. pool noises or music is totally ok and welcome actually. We have a little one who will need sleep so being away from late night partying and elevators would be nice. We are SO excited! Any special things to do at GF that I should look into for our daughter?

We were at the Grand Floridian for the 4th of July and stayed in a Lagoon View Room in Boca Chica. We loved it. We were on the second floor and if you had your patio door open you could hear the music coming from the MK and the occasional whistle from the boats heading across the lagoon. We heard no resort noise at all. So far our favorite room at the GF.

We were at the Grand Floridian for the 4th of July and stayed in a Lagoon View Room in Boca Chica. We loved it. We were on the second floor and if you had your patio door open you could hear the music coming from the MK and the occasional whistle from the boats heading across the lagoon. We heard no resort noise at all. So far our favorite room at the GF.

May I ask, did they do anything special on the beach during the fireworks? Thanks!

Does the GF do resort activities like they do at Y & B, such as ceramics, make your own tumbler, design a vacation pillow? Thanks!

What a nice selection of dining! We keep trying to get over to Trail's End ..but haven't been successful yet! Looking forward to hearing what you think..:thumbsup2

Thanks! I will definitely let you know my thoughts :goodvibes.

We are working on planning for our next trip..hopefully BW/GF split..this has become our fave...I call it the best of both worlds! Lol...

Where are you staying on your upcoming trip (or is that the one you're still planning)? I agree about GF & BWI being the best of both worlds. Poly is still my fav resort overall, but after my stay at BWI this past June, BWI is now tied for 2nd with GF :).

I took your advice and that's my next split:thumbsup2

I agree with BlueSkies, that's a great split indeed ::yes::.

We arrived in the morning, dropped off our bags with bell services and grabbed an early lunch at Gasparilla’s. We brought the kids to the splash pad, waited it out under an umbrella when it started pouring and then went to the pool for a few minutes before it closed down due to an impending storm. That was fine because I checked
MDE and had our room assignment by this time! Never got a text this time. Nice to see the room number by early afternoon, since we’d been told the villas were totally booked last night and to expect a later room assignment.

We are very happy with our room so far. It’s a standard studio but I’m pretty sure we have a fireworks view. (Room ends in -29.) We have a partial view of the lake. I had rented points and asked the owner to put in a request for a standard room on this end of the building — request met!

Glad your request was met and you are happy with your room assignment. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Grand Floridian +BWI = party:

I agree! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hallowishes from our balcony ... not a bad view from a ‘standard’ view studio!

Not bad at all! :cloud9:

We got back a little less than a week ago and we had a fantastic stay at the GF. It definitely remains as my favorite resort, though DH says that he likes the Poly better. :confused3

We were able to book a bounceback offer for next August, but we will be staying at AoA since there will be 6 of us traveling on that trip. I will miss the GF!!!:sad:

Good morning fellow GF fans!

:wave2:

I took your advice and that's my next split:thumbsup2

Happy to hear that...:goodvibes

Sounds like you are off to a wonderful start to your trip! :dance3:

One of the nicest things about being at the GF in a room so close to the lagoon is being able to enjoy the sounds of the MK! :cloud9: sounds like a fab room to be in!

Hallowishes from our balcony ... not a bad view from a ‘standard’ view studio!

Just gonna say wow!!! :wizard: Nothing standard about that...There really are no bad views at the GF in general...I guess not at the VGF either! Thanks for sharing that lovely pic!

focusondisney Orlando Parks News has the monthly Resort Activity Calendars for each WDW resort (thanks GADisneydad for sharing that info a while back..)...

~Always planning for the next trip..and this time we are going to try Jungle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party..anyone have any feed back that has done it in the past??? Love to know how the experience was...

Hope that everyone is having a terrific Tuesday! :earsgirl:

Hope the time flies! As far as I know the area where the beverages are dispensed is closed off when the pool bar is closed...but I haven't been out at the pool bar since last winter....the alternative would be Gasparillas over in the marina area...:drinking1

Good to know about the refill station. I was just thinking if we had breakfast food already in the room (staying at the Villas), but wanted to refill our mugs early (because I believe in refilling them as much as possible to get my money's worth, LOL), it would be quicker to run down to the pool and refill them and run back up to the room than trekking to Gaspy's. But I think we'll probably have time to head to Gaspy's for breakfast before heading to the parks, so no biggie. I always hate having to take the mugs back to the room before heading to the monorail, and we like to go bagless to the parks, so carrying them with is not an option. They should have mug lockers at the quick services, LOL!

A split between BW and GF does sound like the perfect stay! I've not stayed at a Crescent Lake resort yet, but I have often thought spending half the time there for easy Epcot/DHS access and half the time at the Grand for MK access would be ideal! Have a fabulous trip!!

focusondisney Orlando Parks News has the monthly Resort Activity Calendars for each WDW resort (thanks GADisneydad for sharing that info a while back..)..

Thank you! I didn’t know about that website. I’ve added it to my favorites. Don’t know how I missed the info from GADisneydad. Thank you both!

Good to know about the refill station. I was just thinking if we had breakfast food already in the room (staying at the Villas), but wanted to refill our mugs early (because I believe in refilling them as much as possible to get my money's worth, LOL), it would be quicker to run down to the pool and refill them and run back up to the room than trekking to Gaspy's. But I think we'll probably have time to head to Gaspy's for breakfast before heading to the parks, so no biggie. I always hate having to take the mugs back to the room before heading to the monorail, and we like to go bagless to the parks, so carrying them with is not an option. They should have mug lockers at the quick services, LOL!

A split between BW and GF does sound like the perfect stay! I've not stayed at a Crescent Lake resort yet, but I have often thought spending half the time there for easy Epcot/DHS access and half the time at the Grand for MK access would be ideal! Have a fabulous trip!!
One thing i like about villas is that there is a REAL coffeemaker. I bring a baggie of coffee or a can for longer trips from home. Thats a nice perk to have my morning or afternoon beverage in that beautiful kitchen or out on the balcony.

Also dont forget you have a frig so some beverages you may be able to grab the night before and just store.

I usually get some wine for my villa stays. There are actual glass wine glasses in the cabinets! Also the kids get cookies and cupcakes and me make our own "Club level" that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter