2013 fall wonder and magic are out!

We need a ship on the WEST COAST! I wonder how the 3 and 4 night cruises would work with proper marketing. I'm sure if they had cruise and play packages, with Disneyland, they would attract new customers.

I also noticed that Magic/Wonder dates are now missing from DCL website for late next year. One can only hope they're tweaking them ALOT:lmao: It was weird yesterday, in light of DCL's release of their lackluster dates that I got an email from NCL targeting those of us in the Northeast for cruise deals out of NYC and Boston. Iam tempted to try the Breakaway their new ship sailing out of NYC to Bermuda next summer. I wish DCL would go to Bermuda and try sailing out of NYC or even Baltimore or Norfolk for us folks in the Northeast..

We booked the breakaway for this reason alone. I waited too long to book DCL for nothing lol

Maybe the massive number of bookings yesterday overloaded the system! :lmao:

I also vote for a cruise out of Boston a transatlantic from Boston would be fab

I'm really not sure why so many of you think this is such a bust... The Magic out of Galveston, with pretty much the same itineraries, must be doing just fine sales-wise or they would never have even entertained homeporting the Wonder from Galveston next Fall. I'm certainly not the only one who couldn't care less about the itineraries. Bottom line is that both DCL and Galveston must be pretty happy with the numbers so far -- neither is out to lose money!

I'm really not sure why so many of you think this is such a bust... The Magic out of Galveston, with pretty much the same itineraries, must be doing just fine sales-wise or they would never have even entertained homeporting the Wonder from Galveston next Fall. I'm certainly not the only one who couldn't care less about the itineraries. Bottom line is that both DCL and Galveston must be pretty happy with the numbers so far -- neither is out to lose money!

Are you going to book on the Wonder out of Galveston Gina? We probably will for early 2014 if/when they come out.

On a Scale from 1 to 10, how much do the Fall 2013 itineraries for the Magic and Wonder suck? 1 they are great. 10 they suck like a vacuum ....

Best. Phrase. Ever. :rotfl: (oh, and IMHO, they do suck like a vacuum)

It's Miami that is so disappointing. Not the port - but the fact that they didn't try for some Southern Caribbean ports. Many would have likely jumped on those.

Hey DCL...if you're thinking of tweaking those itineraries...may I request an 8-10 night Southern Caribbean over the holidays in 2013? :flower3:

I'd pay Fantasy prices for that! :)

I'd even take my daughter out of school (GASP!:scared1:) for a southern caribbean!!!:lmao:

Are you going to book on the Wonder out of Galveston Gina? We probably will for early 2014 if/when they come out.

I'm sure thinking about it!! But DS & I are missing WDW real bad... haven't been since February '11, so by February '14 we'll really be wanting to go back!! So I'm not sure... Maybe my money tree will *finally* bloom by then. :rolleyes:

I'm sure thinking about it!! But DS & I are missing WDW real bad... haven't been since February '11, so by February '14 we'll really be wanting to go back!! So I'm not sure... Maybe my money tree will *finally* bloom by then. :rolleyes:

I hear you! After our January trip Chris said 5 year before we head back to WDW! Now we are thinking Food and Wine 2014! If we find our money tree we will do WDW and the Fantasy. :rotfl:

We booked the breakaway for this reason alone. I waited too long to book DCL for nothing lol

We're thinking of ditching our Fantasy Western next year for the Breakaway..brand new ship and it sails out of NYC to an itinerary DCL doesn't do..Bermuda.

Perhaps DCL were having a super late April fools and they weren't the real itineraries?

And later today they are going to come out with something amazing?!

OK, maybe not ;-)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe the massive number of bookings yesterday overloaded the system! :lmao:

We all know how glitchy DCL's computer system is. ;)

I'm really not sure why so many of you think this is such a bust...

Well, any other time over the past 5-6 years when DCL has released new dates, there have been multiple threads on the DIS with people posting that they booked one of them and the price -- in addition to the main price tracking thread. Last year when DCL released the last half of 2012 for the Fantasy without any fanfare there were also many threads. This time THIS is the ONLY thread. That indicates to me that there isn't much interest.

I have seen many posts from people who live in Texas and nearby comparing prices of cruises out of Galveston to those out of PC. Most conclude that it is cheaper to fly to PC and cruise DCL than cruise out of Galveston. Maybe that has changed this time?

The only cruise I'd look into is the PC cruise for the sea days. Glad I have a back-2-back on Fantasy for 2013:goodvibes

thats what were doing as well marla. it just seems like the best of what is being offered. and two weeks on the fantasy????? ABSOLUTELY! :thumbsup2

The most telling thing to me that these new itineraries are not getting much action is the fact that there hasn't been a single post with a price for a booking on one of them. When I saw the email from my TA announcing that they were open yesterday, I quickly logged into the DIS to prepare another opening day booking thread. There has been nothing to track! LOL!

Here is our ressie for Thanksgiving 2013 out of Galveston

Issue Date: 26-Jun-2012
Currency: Rates/Payments are in US Dollars and subject to change
Voyage Fare: $2,444.40
Vacation Protection Plan: DECLINED
Government Taxes & Fees: $123.68
Ground Transfers: DECLINED

Total Due: $2,568.08
Less Payments: $331.66
Balance Due: $2,236.42

We're thinking of ditching our Fantasy Western next year for the Breakaway..brand new ship and it sails out of NYC to an itinerary DCL doesn't do..Bermuda.

Exactly. I've never been to Bermuda and it's a brand new ship. It looks awesome too :)

It will be our first non-DCL cruise. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

This is the only time I have ever regretted living on the west coast! I would love to be able to cruise places in the wintertime, but airfare + DCL rates are just too high...maybe 2014! :love:

I wonder how a 3 or 4 night out of LA would have gone over. With some very clever marketing (land and sea with DL) that could have potentially done really well depending on price. And we might have jumped on board as we are in California at least 3 times a year.

We need a ship on the WEST COAST! I wonder how the 3 and 4 night cruises would work with proper marketing. I'm sure if they had cruise and play packages, with Disneyland, they would attract new customers.

I just really don't understand why they wouldn't keep a ship on the West Coast. I get so excited when I see the ship in port. Can it be that hard to find itineraries OTHER than Mexico? BTW, we saw a LA to Vancouver repo on princess that stopped in SF, Santa Barbara, Astoria, and Seattle!! I just don't understand why DCL cannot be more creative.

I guess we just give up our money too easily to Disney...

I just really don't understand why they wouldn't keep a ship on the West Coast. I get so excited when I see the ship in port. Can it be that hard to find itineraries OTHER than Mexico? BTW, we saw a LA to Vancouver repo on princess that stopped in SF, Santa Barbara, Astoria, and Seattle!! I just don't understand why DCL cannot be more creative.

I don't think this fall's Pacific Coast cruises are selling well. If people want a ship on the West Coast they need to book theses cruises.

DCL tried Hawaii, Pacific Coast Cruises and fall Canada cruises and none have stirred much interst so they are going to the boring same old.

I don't think this fall's Pacific Coast cruises are selling well. If people want a ship on the West Coast they need to book theses cruises.

DCL tried Hawaii, Pacific Coast Cruises and fall Canada cruises and none have stirred much interst so they are going to the boring same old.

It was my understanding that the Hawaii cruises sold quite well. If I recall, they were sold out the first day! It just seems a little ridiculous that other lines seems to do just fine out of LA, and that's because there is more variety in ports, not to mention the expense. *sigh* I guess I will just have to get used to the West Coast being left out.

Hi neighbor (we are in the same city as you) :) I agree, our family loves heading to San Pedro on Sunday afternoons when the Wonder is here. They could do so much more if they really tried (especially with a tie in to DLR and now Cars Land).

Again...I have to wonder how DCL expects to stir much interest when they don't advertise here. If people don't know there is a ship here, how do they know to book it? There are Cars Land ads everywhere (even on those table-top post card things at our mall's local food court). But there has been very little advertising for DCL here. I have seen one billboard, and that is it. The only place I see it advertised is on the disboards and people here already know about them, LOL. Almost everyone I spoke to about our cruises has no idea that DCL has a ship here. And we live 15 minutes from the port. Yet we get TV advertisments for the Dream and the Fantasy here....

I think DCL missed the boat here (literally) by not advertising more, especially in regards to DCL/DLR land-sea vacations. If they would have advertised more heavily to the DLR regulars (So. Cal, No. Cal, NV, Utah, AZ, etc), I'll bet they would have done much better. It is like they just dropped a ship here with no real effort to actually sell the cruises :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter