2013 fall wonder and magic are out!

Well, DCL has lost my business for 2013. We were hoping for a WBTA. I would have settled for a longer itinerary from FL (10-11 night Southern Caribbean) but 4 and 5 nighters??? Not a chance. Those cruises are going to book a very low rates in order to compete with the other cruiselines. They can charge a premium for Dream/Fantasy right now, but not for the older ships- not on those itineraries. It is almost insane to me that this is what they decided for 2013. Magic is making a huge premium in Europe in 2013 basically because of the exciting itineraries. You think they would have learned????

DH will be especially bummed because he was hoping to book the Royal Suite. On the bright side, I'm going to start researching other TA options or maybe Princess to Hawaii.

If they're going to run the ship out of Miami, instead of 5 nights, why not add Key West for a 6th night and then on the opposite cruise, go 8 nights and run her down to Aruba and Curacao (Carnival does it in 8 nts). That would give them a two week rotation. Go Sun-Sat for the 6 nt and Sat-Sun for the 8 nt. All weekend departures and returns.

But why Miami? Do they have a multi-year contract with them? If your just going to "poke around" the Bahamas and the Western Caribbean, why not have the ship sail from Tampa? At least there they could run the DCL buses from WDW (not too much further than PC).

If they're going to run the ship out of Miami, instead of 5 nights, why not add Key West for a 6th night and then on the opposite cruise, go 8 nights and run her down to Aruba and Curacao (Carnival does it in 8 nts). That would give them a two week rotation. Go Sun-Sat for the 6 nt and Sat-Sun for the 8 nt. All weekend departures

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I would have been all over an Aruba/Curaçao 8 nighter!!! I have a friend who is taking that exact cruise on Carnival.

Does DCL not notice/compare other lines' popular routes and pricing?! There is no way DCL is going to get premium prices on these itineraries.

Dang it!!!!! I was hoping for a southern caribbean cruise to be coming our way:sad2:

Apparently DCL has figured out where their bread is buttered! As long as they can fill their ships with locals who just want to cruise, they'll keep milking that market until it dries up.

Regrettably, we're in that category.............Our family would rather cruise more often than pay airfare. We can cruise 2-3 times a year because we just drive on over to PC vs. paying for airfare and going on 1 big trip. Our decision. Yes, it limits us to what we can see right now, but with a 5 year old, it works for us.

I'm going to agree! Why did they wait this long to post this drivel of the same-old-same old. If only they'd done something interesting out of Miami - I would have considered it even if it's a pain to get to Miami. But the same tired ports?

I agree.

Miami makes sense to me as a home port. They could have come up with more intenaries and have like 5,7 and maybe 10 night cruises. So they could could to different places.

I live in Northeast FL and when I tell people I am going on a cruise the first question I get is out of Miami. Alot of people do not realize Port Canaveral is a cruise port.[/QUOTE]

I find this in Tampa, too. People assume when we cruise DCL we are cruising out of Tampa, or going down to Lauderdale or Miami.

If they're going to run the ship out of Miami, instead of 5 nights, why not add Key West for a 6th night and then on the opposite cruise, go 8 nights and run her down to Aruba and Curacao (Carnival does it in 8 nts). That would give them a two week rotation. Go Sun-Sat for the 6 nt and Sat-Sun for the 8 nt. All weekend departures and returns.

But why Miami? Do they have a multi-year contract with them? If your just going to "poke around" the Bahamas and the Western Caribbean, why not have the ship sail from Tampa? At least there they could run the DCL buses from WDW (not too much further than PC).

:love:LOVE:love: the 1st idea with the 8-6 night rotations. That is a great idea. Add in some new ports! Pu-leeze! While I'd love to see a ship sail out of Tampa, I'd rather go to some where new!!!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I would have been all over an Aruba/Curaçao 8 nighter!!! I have a friend who is taking that exact cruise on Carnival.

Does DCL not notice/compare other lines' popular routes and pricing?! There is no way DCL is going to get premium prices on these itineraries.

I am going on a 7-night Fantasy Oct 2013. 3 cruisers, cost per night is $148. Just for giggles, I priced the one and only CC double dip out of Miami Oct 20th 2013. It's a 5-nighter. I priced Cat 7A (we sail in secret verandah cabins on Magic/Wonder). The cost per night is $165. Plus, we'd have double the drive to Miami (4 hrs vs 2 hrs to PC). Now, I am not seriously considering it. While we do love CC and double dip cruises to the island, I will always chose more nights (& I can't stand Nassau). However, really DCL? :sad2:

Echoing what others have said, I smell discounts.

Just for fun, I priced out Thanksgiving Week 2013 on the Wonder vs. Fantasy. Same Western itinerary except of course the Fantasy goes to Castaway Cay. :goodvibes All for 2A, 2K (16,13)

Wonder Fantasy
11B $5007 11B $5674
11A $5105 11A $5730
9B $5273 9B $5954
9A $5903 9A $6010
5C $6395 5C $6626

And these are Day 1 prices for the Wonder?!:rotfl2:

There is no way I wouldn't pay $107 more for an OV on the Fantasy or $231 for the verandah on the Fantasy! Newer ship, better shows, AND Castaway? Have they lost their minds?

Just for fun, I priced out Thanksgiving Week 2013 on the Wonder vs. Fantasy. Same Western itinerary except of course the Fantasy goes to Castaway Cay. :goodvibes All for 2A, 2K (16,13)

Wonder Fantasy
11B $5007 11B $5674
11A $5105 11A $5730
9B $5273 9B $5954
9A $5903 9A $6010
5C $6395 5C $6626

There is no way I wouldn't pay $107 more for an OV on the Fantasy or $231 for the verandah on the Fantasy! Newer ship, better shows, AND Castaway? Have they lost their minds?

Well you know the Magic will be a brand new ship after the dry dock:laughing:

I think DCL's pricing strategy is start high and great if people book, if sales are slow offer discounts and people will think what a great deal they got

Why are the PC sailing always at the worst time for kids in school?:confused3

They're considered repositioning cruises which means moving the Wonder to/from Alaska at the beginning/end of the summer. The one-week cruises make more money than a Canal crossing, so the Alaskan cruises have top priority on the dates.

This fall, the top priority is to stop sailing the Mexican Riviera.

Wonder Fantasy
11B $5007 11B $5674
11A $5105 11A $5730
9B $5273 9B $5954
9A $5903 9A $6010
5C $6395 5C $6626

I wish we could find out what the daily operating expenses are per person on the classic ships, compared to the Dream class ships. I'm sure the fuel bills on the larger ships are much higher, but there's also more passengers to share the expense.

Meanwhile, we recently booked the Fantasy. Off-season.

I see Princess also threw its hat into the Galveston, TX ring. They are doing 7-night Westerns from $699 pp (Cozumel, Roatan, Belize) Just adds to the competition there. Crown Princess is a beautiful ship.

I see Princess also threw its hat into the Galveston, TX ring. They are doing 7-night Westerns from $699 pp (Cozumel, Roatan, Belize) Just adds to the competition there. Crown Princess is a beautiful ship.

HaHa, I just got that e-mail too! I like the itinerary.

We enjoyed Barbados, St. Lucia, and Antigua on one of the 10-night Southern Caribbean itineraries back in 2006. I was hoping for something similar to that...not the best places but certainly a nice change :confused3

Princess has sailed out of Galveston in the past. I think there are a few sailings every winter.

FYI, the Port of Galveston was recently expanded, allowing for more ships to dock there.

Why are the PC sailing always at the worst time for kids in school?:confused3

Unfortunately, for those of us with kids, the specialy cruises don't make them nearly as much money as the regular 3,4,5, & 7 day cruises do. They will not offer specialy cruises during times convenient for most families because they make more money doing normal itineraries. PC, TA, Hawaii, etc. will probably always be during times that don't work for us. I would love to take a PC cruise, but don't think it will happen at a time that works for us.

Probably just a glitch but at 8.30am my time (3.30am East Coast) the new sailings have all been removed.

Here's hoping for some changes! ;)

Probably just a glitch but at 8.30am my time (3.30am East Coast) the new sailings have all been removed.

Here's hoping for some changes! ;)

Well I am mixed on this. I have to take the 4 night dream on 9/29/13 due to a very close friend getting married on that sailing. I kept thinking what will they do to make me somewhat upset that my friend pick that sailing to get married on. Then I saw today's annocement and was happy I wasn't missing anything I would concider booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter