2010 dISBrides what have you planned?

Hi everyone!
My DF and I are getting married in June 2010. We're unable to have our wedding in Disney due to finances and the size of our guest list.

So we're having an at home ceremony and Disney themed reception! That's right... if we can have it there I'm going all out on my Disney theme. / :rotfl: We're currently thinking an Under the Sea/Little Mermaid theme. Afterwords we're headed to Disney for a week for our Disneymoon! We're both very excited!

hey guys just read through the posts congrats to everyone for the 2010 disney weddings...im jealous, i wish i could get married in disney, but no go...so my boyfriend and i will do a 10 day honeymoon to disney in september 2010....and i plan to put many disney theme things into our wedding..i let him know this the other day...i wish i could start planning things...i just need hte damn ring first :lmao: he promised it was coming! anyways im going to follow you guys alng as you get ready and as soon as i get my ring ill jump in with both feet hahah!

hey guys just read through the posts congrats to everyone for the 2010 disney weddings...im jealous, i wish i could get married in disney, but no go...so my boyfriend and i will do a 10 day honeymoon to disney in september 2010....and i plan to put many disney theme things into our wedding..i let him know this the other day...i wish i could start planning things...i just need hte damn ring first :lmao: he promised it was coming! anyways im going to follow you guys alng as you get ready and as soon as i get my ring ill jump in with both feet hahah!

I'm in the same boat as you :rotfl: . Dbf and I went ring shopping unexpectedly last weekend and he says a proposal is coming between now and Christmas, lol.

Hi everyone,

Havent been on here for a while so thought i'd provide some updates.

Due to some major unforeseen family issues we can no longer marry in WDW which believe me upset us both very much but we've had a few months to get over it and i am now planning my at home wedding.

The wedding is booked for Saturday 1st May 2010 and i cannot wait!

It will have a Disney theme running through it (but probably quite a subtle one) i.e. i really want the Madhatter wedding cake and i will have Disney music at some point.

Also booked my photographer and Florist but that's it so far.

On the upside we are having a 3 week Disneymoon and i cannot wait for that!

Planning wont really start again until May when i am planning on starting the dress shopping, so i am still continuing with my weight loss... lost 2st 3lbs (31lbs) so far but would like to lose another 1st 10lbs (24lbs) if poss (well it is possible it's just whether i can resist the ben & jerry's or not lol).

Ive decided im still gonna write a PJ as ive been on these boards since 2007, seen so many of you get married that i feel like i would love to keep you all informed of my progress... may do that within the next few weeks or so.

Good luck to all my fellow 2010 brides!

Hey!

I just got engaged on the weekend!!! :love: We knew we both wanted to have a disney wedding, as we were there for the first time since we were kids over xmas, and it was our first major vacation together! We had so much fun there, that we knew it was the right place to do it!

Anyway, I called the wedding planner, and was so disappointed to find out an escape can only be booked 8 months in advance! I am just worried as we need to plan really far ahead as we are coming from Ontario, and will need to book time off work, flights, etc.

We are hoping for dec. 1st, at SBP. This is mainly because we toured all the deluxe resorts when we were there, and feel in love with the Beach Club (because we love pools and beaches, and that one is AMAZING). From reading other peoples posts, we think we are going to eat at Ohana (I am a copier, sorry!), and have either a tea party or dessert party (or both). We really wanted to do it at Kona, but I think we will end up having 20 people all together, which I feel would be too much for that place. We just had an amazing meal when we had dinner there over chrismtas, the service and food were wonderful! Oh well, we can make it our own romantic dinner!

Anyways, those are my plans!!!! I cannot wait to start actually planning....but apparently that cannot be until April 2010 :yay:

Hey!

I just got engaged on the weekend!!! :love: We knew we both wanted to have a disney wedding, as we were there for the first time since we were kids over xmas, and it was our first major vacation together! We had so much fun there, that we knew it was the right place to do it!

Anyway, I called the wedding planner, and was so disappointed to find out an escape can only be booked 8 months in advance! I am just worried as we need to plan really far ahead as we are coming from Ontario, and will need to book time off work, flights, etc.

We are hoping for dec. 1st, at SBP.

Anyways, those are my plans!!!! I cannot wait to start actually planning....but apparently that cannot be until April 2010 :yay:

Karen, welcome! Looking forward to hearing more! good luck with everything!:goodvibes

Hi everyone,

I'm also a 2010 bride. We are aiming for June 2010. We are planning a wishes wedding.

Ceremony to be at the magic kingdom

We have our colors picked out: pink and chocolate

I picked my dress. It's a pronovias

I bought all the stuff to make our invitations. they are pink and brown

We have picked a cake that we like

at this point we still have a lot of ideas in our head but haven't booked anything because we are over a year out.

awwww pink and chocolate i love the colors together! i was thinking that as well, but i think we are aiming for more mid september, so im thnking of chocholate and light blue lol
magic kingdom, what a perfect venue...keep us updated!

Hi everyone,

I'm also a 2010 bride. We are aiming for June 2010. We are planning a wishes wedding.

Ceremony to be at the magic kingdom

We have our colors picked out: pink and chocolate

I picked my dress. It's a pronovias

I bought all the stuff to make our invitations. they are pink and brown

We have picked a cake that we like

at this point we still have a lot of ideas in our head but haven't booked anything because we are over a year out.

I love pink and chocolate too! Dbf not so much :lmao: I am thinking in my head pink and yellow or maybe green and pink. He hates pink but he loves green so I thought his fav and mine!

awwww pink and chocolate i love the colors together! i was thinking that as well, but i think we are aiming for more mid september, so im thnking of chocholate and light blue lol
magic kingdom, what a perfect venue...keep us updated!

I will DEFINITELY keep everybody posted :banana:

I love pink and chocolate too! Dbf not so much :lmao: I am thinking in my head pink and yellow or maybe green and pink. He hates pink but he loves green so I thought his fav and mine!

Well my DF doesn't like pink but he's being nice and letting me have a big fat pink wedding. My MOH is wearing a yellow dress. I started to freak out because it sounds hideous with pink and brown but whatever she already bought her dress. I love pink and green though

Well my DF doesn't like pink but he's being nice and letting me have a big fat pink wedding. My MOH is wearing a yellow dress. I started to freak out because it sounds hideous with pink and brown but whatever she already bought her dress. I love pink and green though

Did you post a pic of her dress?? I was thinking yellow for bm dresses too...although I don't really want BM's dbf won that one.

Im planning a Dec 18th 2010 Wishes wedding with approx 120 people. I thought you could only book a year out for any type of wedding. I know Im going on a site visit in July and looking forward to it!

Wow there are loads of December 2010 brides on here!:wave2: I've booked my disneymoon cruise for December 12!

Hi Ladies! :wave2:

I'm an October 2010 DISbride! :bride: DFi and I got engaged last November on our last trip to WDW! :lovestruc

So far we have a date, 10/16/2010, a venue here at home in NH, and we will be spending a week in WDW for our Disneymoon.

I already have my dress... its a Casablanca Diamond Collection gown.:cloud9: All that needs is to be altered alittle.

Our colors are black, white, (obviously) and Navy.

I'm so glad i just found this thread! I can't wait to continue planning with all of you! :goodvibes

Did you post a pic of her dress?? I was thinking yellow for bm dresses too...although I don't really want BM's dbf won that one.

I posted a pic in my PJ but I'll post one here for you so you don't have to go searching.

disneystuff002-1.jpg

disneystuff008-1.jpg

she bought the dress off a rack in a store. It's a prom dress.

Hi Ladies! :wave2:

I'm an October 2010 DISbride! :bride: DFi and I got engaged last November on our last trip to WDW! :lovestruc

So far we have a date, 10/16/2010, a venue here at home in NH, and we will be spending a week in WDW for our Disneymoon.

I already have my dress... its a Casablanca Diamond Collection gown.:cloud9: All that needs is to be altered alittle.

Our colors are black, white, (obviously) and Navy.

I'm so glad i just found this thread! I can't wait to continue planning with all of you! :goodvibes

ohhhhhh post your dress!

I posted a pic in my PJ but I'll post one here for you so you don't have to go searching.

disneystuff002-1.jpg

disneystuff008-1.jpg

she bought the dress off a rack in a store. It's a prom dress.

Oh that is so beautiful!! I think I want something a bit more casual. Like this:
ry%3D400

With my flowers like this:
ry%3D400

Lol of course dbf doesn't know any of this...and we'll see what he thinks later:rotfl:
That reminds me of the dress from how to lose a guy in 10 days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter