2010 dISBrides what have you planned?

SummerIrmoma2_3

DIS Veteran
It is killing me that my VR will not be until Dec of 2010. I have been off and on looking at things and picking things out. I think I found my cake today. Since it will be in Dec I wanted red and white to be the colors and the cake I found is white icing with the crystal sugar covering it to make it glisten like snow and then between the layers there are red rose buds. If I can get the picture saved I will come back and post it.

I have looked at dresses but haven't tried anything yet, plus I am not sure if I found something that I really like that I would be able to find it again in another year or so or what size to get if I were to just buy it now.

I know I want a DP but I am not sure where yet, although I think I would love France. I would prefer lower and we will not have enough people for that so I am thinking maybe england instead.

I really want the ceremony in EPCOT but I am not sure where. I loved Carrie's pics of Morocco, the Italy courtyard looks nice too, but for some reason I am drawn to France. Although I haven't seen any actaul pics from there yet.

I know I want a round red rose bouquet those those little white star looking flowers similar to what is in the wish book for me and I think white calla lillies for the girls with the stims wrapped with red ribbion.

I am not sure about the reception yet. I think I am going to have to wait until I actually talk to DFTW to find out what our options will be for that one. :laughing:

So what have you been planning/ thinking of?

It is killing me that my VR will not be until Dec of 2010. I have been off and on looking at things and picking things out. I think I found my cake today. Since it will be in Dec I wanted red and white to be the colors and the cake I found is white icing with the crystal sugar covering it to make it glisten like snow and then between the layers there are red rose buds. If I can get the picture saved I will come back and post it.

I have looked at dresses but haven't tried anything yet, plus I am not sure if I found something that I really like that I would be able to find it again in another year or so or what size to get if I were to just buy it now.

I know I want a DP but I am not sure where yet, although I think I would love France. I would prefer lower and we will not have enough people for that so I am thinking maybe england instead.

I really want the ceremony in EPCOT but I am not sure where. I loved Carrie's pics of Morocco, the Italy courtyard looks nice too, but for some reason I am drawn to France. Although I haven't seen any actaul pics from there yet.

I know I want a round red rose bouquet those those little white star looking flowers similar to what is in the wish book for me and I think white calla lillies for the girls with the stims wrapped with red ribbion.

I am not sure about the reception yet. I think I am going to have to wait until I actually talk to DFTW to find out what our options will be for that one. :laughing:

So what have you been planning/ thinking of?

we our planning for july 2010 VR for our 20th anniversary. we were originally planning an escape but after talking with family we are planning and saving for a wishes. It will be us-me, Dh and 2 DDs and then immediate family which equals about 27..... want DP party too and at least one character( goofy is my DH choice). I have made samples of alot of crafty items I plan on using, actually found a dress I love and got on sale. not sure about all location choices but we def have our favorites. I have alot of plans/craft items per se in progress. we will be using the lenox mickey and minnie ears personalized as our favors.... good luck with all your plans:goodvibes

we our planning for july 2010 VR for our 20th anniversary. we were originally planning an escape but after talking with family we are planning and saving for a wishes. It will be us-me, Dh and 2 DDs and then immediate family which equals about 27..... want DP party too and at least one character( goofy is my DH choice). I have made samples of alot of crafty items I plan on using, actually found a dress I love and got on sale. not sure about all location choices but we def have our favorites. I have alot of plans/craft items per se in progress. we will be using the lenox mickey and minnie ears personalized as our favors.... good luck with all your plans:goodvibes

Wow that is great I would love to see your dress. I have been looking at destination wedding dresses.

LoL It is funny that we are kind of doing everything opposite of each other.

Here is the cake I was talking about. But of course it will only be 2 or 3 layers and I would do without the frosting stuff on the bottom of the layers. I prefer a cleaner look
tiffanierico.jpg

Hi and welcome!

I am also planning a Dec. 2010 wedding, yet mine will be at Disneyland not WDW... I can't wait to hear all of your plans and I've already looked into tons of Christmas style wedding stuff... so feel free to ask any questions!

ps. i love the cake... it's beautiful!

Wow that is great I would love to see your dress. I have been looking at destination wedding dresses.

Here is the cake I was talking about. But of course it will only be 2 or 3 layers and I would do without the frosting stuff on the bottom of the layers. I prefer a cleaner look
tiffanierico.jpg

I love all the sparkles on the cake! I wanted sparkles on my cake until I found the hidden mickey mad hatter. Hmm... I wonder if they could add sparkles...:idea:

yeahhhh! a 2010 wedding thread wahoo! :cool1:

We are hoping to be married on 26th May 2010 at the wedding pavillion, followed by a reception at the UK lochside terrace with a dessert party to follow!

Nothing booked yet as i am still 2 years out but i am vacationing in Florida late sept so am hoping to visit the wedding pavillion in all it's glory.

As this will be the last time i go to florida before the wedding (live in England) i am undecided as to whether i should book a hair and make up trial... just to see how i get on with the make-up artist/stylist more than anything else. What are your thoughts on that? Way too early?

I have however managed to book my reception in England for our return so we can party with everyone who cant come. That is booked for Saturday 19th June 2010 at a local Golf club... the room is beautiful i really cant wait.

Im dying to do more but Disney wont speak to me until November (we are having a wishes wedding) so all we can do is save our pennies at the moment!

Nicola

We are hoping to be married on 26th May 2010 at the wedding pavillion, followed by a reception at the UK lochside terrace with a dessert party to follow!

Nothing booked yet as i am still 2 years out but i am vacationing in Florida late sept so am hoping to visit the wedding pavillion in all it's glory.

As this will be the last time i go to florida before the wedding (live in England) i am undecided as to whether i should book a hair and make up trial... just to see how i get on with the make-up artist/stylist more than anything else. What are your thoughts on that? Way too early?

I have however managed to book my reception in England for our return so we can party with everyone who cant come. That is booked for Saturday 19th June 2010 at a local Golf club... the room is beautiful i really cant wait.

Im dying to do more but Disney wont speak to me until November (we are having a wishes wedding) so all we can do is save our pennies at the moment!

Nicola

That is what we are doing too (saving $)and I figured with doing the small crafty items I wanted that would keep me busy until I can really get things started with disney.....good luck with your plans

tiffanierico.jpg

the cake is beautiful..... our primary colors are going to royal blue with gold and red as an accent. I have looked a different cakes but I really like the mad hatter/ hidden mickey cake I have seen on someone thread so thats what I am planning on now.I want something fun and a little different, but I do like those sparkles! Even though we are still so far out its nice to have others with similar dates good luck with your plans.:goodvibes

here are some things I have in the works.... I am working a mickey head fan program( I have one done but am tweaking that idea.welcome folder ideas include scavenger hunt/ disney trivia, a disney word search, pressed penny sheets, special guest door signs, disney info with disney$ etc...
021.jpg

here is a pic of my dress
dress.jpg

here are some of the lenox ears I have. I am personalizing them with gold lettering...
004.jpg

these are what I plan on doing for the welcome bags with one bag per family....
028.jpg

I love the cards and pockets invites I have seen hear so I decided to make a sample of what ours will look like
the outside
039.jpg

then inside with white (unless I can find ivory) invite with inserts
040.jpg

we originally had thought we would just do an escape VR so I played around with ideas for save the dates( which I will still use...) this is what I came up with. I got the note cards from ebay and then just printed them and the magnet at home....sorry the pics aren't so clear

the outside
048.jpg

the inside.... intro poem on one side magnet on other
050.jpg

the insert vellum sheet has same image as magnet only as a watermark( but you can't see it)

Hooray 2010!
applause.gif

Excellent plans so far ladies! I'm excited to have so many people to countdown with! We're hoping for a (small) Wishes Wedding in the summer of '10.

I have a lot planned in my mind... but I'm afraid to get too attached to specifics in case Disney changes everything by 2010! :scared:

We were supposed to be doing April 2010 for our VR, but we moved it up into December 2009, because it was a bit cheaper. :thumbsup2 I'm going to be able to book the cruise next month, i THINK i have my dress picked out, but i'm really nervous about buying it this early. I'm mostly right now working on STD's and information packets to get sent out. I want to try and get those out in the next month, so my guests have 18 months to save.

Hi and welcome!

I am also planning a Dec. 2010 wedding, yet mine will be at Disneyland not WDW... I can't wait to hear all of your plans and I've already looked into tons of Christmas style wedding stuff... so feel free to ask any questions!

ps. i love the cake... it's beautiful!

Thank you. We considered Disneyland for our original wedding but my dad was not happy with the $25,000 min. and he was paying so we looked into Big Bear Lake instead.

Where do they do the weddings at Disneyland at? I don't remember since it was like 8 years ago when I was looking into it.

I love all the sparkles on the cake! I wanted sparkles on my cake until I found the hidden mickey mad hatter. Hmm... I wonder if they could add sparkles...:idea:

LoL I do like the sparkles. I have seen the mad hatter cake but what is the mad hatter hidden mickey? I don't think I saw that one.

Nicola

Wow I never thought of having a reception and DP at the same place. How would that work for set up?
I know what you mean about Disney not talking to you, I can't call for about a year. :confused:

That is what we are doing too (saving $)and I figured with doing the small crafty items I wanted that would keep me busy until I can really get things started with disney.....good luck with your plans

I love your crafts. I saw your door signs on another thread and I love them. Did you print them out on paper or sticker paper? Also where did you get the graphic? I love it!!

Hooray 2010!
applause.gif

Excellent plans so far ladies! I'm excited to have so many people to countdown with! We're hoping for a (small) Wishes Wedding in the summer of '10.

I have a lot planned in my mind... but I'm afraid to get too attached to specifics in case Disney changes everything by 2010! :scared:

How small is your wedding going to be? Right now I am thinking we will have between 15 and 20 people. I have been wondering if maybe we shouldn't do a wishes but I really want a recpetion since I didn't get one the first time. Plus I really kind of want an EPCOT location wedding. But SBP is nice too.

We were supposed to be doing April 2010 for our VR, but we moved it up into December 2009, because it was a bit cheaper. :thumbsup2 I'm going to be able to book the cruise next month, i THINK i have my dress picked out, but i'm really nervous about buying it this early. I'm mostly right now working on STD's and information packets to get sent out. I want to try and get those out in the next month, so my guests have 18 months to save.

Ooooo I am jealous!! I asked dh if we could do our VR for our 9th instead of 10th anniversary but he wouldn't go for it. :sad2:

How small is your wedding going to be? Right now I am thinking we will have between 15 and 20 people. I have been wondering if maybe we shouldn't do a wishes but I really want a recpetion since I didn't get one the first time. Plus I really kind of want an EPCOT location wedding. But SBP is nice too.

I'm really not sure... DBF's family is HUGE, and we're not super close with all of them. BUT, it's the kind of family where if even a distant relative isn't invited, there is trouble! :eek: So, we're thinking of keeping it to mostly immediate family and very close friends. Possibly around 30? I'm thinking we'll have an at home pre-reception send off with EVERYBODY... it should be interesting to see how that goes over! :scared1:

I thought of keeping it super small with an Escape wedding, but we'd really like an Epcot location too!!

First off, haha, yet another Summer! :)

I have everything pretty much planned for our 2010 wedding, but nothing officially set (since we can't yet)

I've been keeping an eye on dresses and picking up little things as I see them. I'm dieing to just do everything, but I'm not allowed to yet!

Thank you. We considered Disneyland for our original wedding but my dad was not happy with the $25,000 min. and he was paying so we looked into Big Bear Lake instead.

Where do they do the weddings at Disneyland at? I don't remember since it was like 8 years ago when I was looking into it.

Well Disneyland only has one ceremony site now the the Grand Californian Hotel is under construction, but it is such a gorgeous site (the Rose Court Garden) that I am totally happy with it. The reception sites I haven't been able to check out much, but I'm sure they are wonderful; most are located at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian. Also, the minimum has been reduced to $10,000 for weekday weddings; I believe the $25,000 probably was referring to an in-park wedding, which is not even technically offered anymore unless you're loaded :lmao: so thankfully a Disneyland wedding is not out of the question for us...

Thanks. I am glad you like them.
031-2-1.jpg

The castle another bride had used on something and I just added the tinkerbelle image . I printed the image on cardstock added the wording , then cut to fit and glued it on the door hanger adding the glitter above castle and crystal mickey...

We are hoping we can get April 19, 2010! I'm already thinking of ideas and getting plenty from the boards here. My sisters and i are VERY creative so i'll have plenty of help getting things made and put together! One question though, does anybody know if we can bring our own decorations for the wedding pavillion (pew bows, etc) Also, we are considering a reception at Living Seas... can we make our own centerpieces and bring them with? TIA! :flower3:

Yeah! I'm not the only one!!!

Everything is planned I just need a ring and a dress...long story...

I tell people I have the pop up wedding...He asks, I make a phone call and POP! It's all done!

Hi all!! Yay I am so excited!! My DF and I are planning on 12-11-10 at the WP and then maybe the GF for the reception but I'm, I mean we hehe are still deciding :rotfl2: I guess I should start a PJ. Looking forward to reading all the details of everyone's planning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter