2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

happybratpack said:
I need advice...my father was being very sweet and just gave me two of these tickets for my trip next month. (He's a WWII vet who has just learned to use the internet ) I'm afraid now after reading all of this that he's just lost almost $400 since he's not going on the trip with me and neither ticket is for him. I don't think anything was explained clearly when he went to get and he never asked me because he did it as a surprise.
There is a possibility, as an exception to policy, that you might be allowed to use their value toward the purchase of tickets which you can use.

If this is done, Disney will allow the value of the tickets at the price they sold them to the military (which is less than the $138/$165) to be applied toward the purchase of regular tickets.

Note all my words of warning above, as this would be an exception to policy and you may not find a manager who will approve this.

And your father would more than likely not be able to return the tickets to the selling location as they have no way, at a military base, to determine if a pass was ever activated or used.

Forgive me if this has been asked before I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. If we get the military salute and add the water parks option can we do the four main parks and then do an additional four days of water parks?

Forgive me if this has been asked before I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. If we get the military salute and add the water parks option can we do the four main parks and then do an additional four days of water parks?

You get 4 entries into the water parks. They can be on the same days you use park entries or different days. You can visit 2 water parks in one day using 2 entries and one main park using 1 park day. So not 4 days, but 4 entries.

This is a "canned" response modified for the Armed Forces Salute 2011/2012 tickets with the assumption you have both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires at Midnight on Sunday September 30, 2012. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries remain valid until used or 9/30/12. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have four days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have four entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, OT, TL, WWS, FG, W-SL). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the four entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

Heres my problem:

My husband is just about done with his 6 year active enlistment with the AF and will be moving on to work for the DoD and be an IMA reservist for the AF. The problem is, he is starting to think his IMA spot may not be available right when his enlistment ends so our IDs will be expired for 7 days by the time we get to Disneyland and we won't have reservist or DoD IDs by then. Even if we paid for the Salute tickets while being active military will they not honor them because the ID will be slightly expired? This could make or break us being able to afford the trip but I would hate to be turned away at the gate.

Thanks for the help!

The requirement is that you have a valid qualifying ID. If it is past the expiration date shown on the ID is it not a valid ID.

My husband is in the Army and he thinks that if your husband is just going to be awaiting assignment and going to a full-time reserve component, he would get a new ID for the IRR. Unless he is completely separating from the AF, in which case he will likely have to surrender his ID and you won't have one at all.

Heres my problem:

My husband is just about done with his 6 year active enlistment with the AF and will be moving on to work for the DoD and be an IMA reservist for the AF. The problem is, he is starting to think his IMA spot may not be available right when his enlistment ends so our IDs will be expired for 7 days by the time we get to Disneyland and we won't have reservist or DoD IDs by then. Even if we paid for the Salute tickets while being active military will they not honor them because the ID will be slightly expired? This could make or break us being able to afford the trip but I would hate to be turned away at the gate.

Thanks for the help!

You are suppposed to turn over your ID's when your husband's ID expires. You shouldn't have ID's, expired or otherwise if your husband is no longer Active Duty.

Forgot about Military Disney Tips! So excited to read the news this morning!

I was SOOOO hoping they would have another discount!! :cool1: That will save me SOOO much money on our Jan trip!!

2013 Military Ticket Discount

•4-day Magic Your Way ticket with Park Hopper option = $156 each (plus tax)
•4 day Magic Your Way ticket with Water Park Fun and More option = $156 each (plus tax)
•4 day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More options = $184 each (plus tax)
Terms and Conditions

These tickets must be purchased from 8/17/12 - 09/25/13 and must be used from 10/1/12 - 9/30/13. If tickets are purchased at Shades of Green resort, there is no tax applied.

Eligible member or spouse (but not both) may purchase up to 6 tickets, provided one is used by the purchasing member/spouse. Proper military identification is required.

Tickets are available to active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses.

Both a military member and a spouse are not eligible to purchase the allotted number of tickets.

Blackout dates:

All parks: 12/24/12 - 12/31/12, 03/24/13 - 04/04/13

Magic Kingdom only: 07/04/13

For Ticketing, it is a new program, not an extension of the current one. See This Post http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2972608 for detailed information.

Just curious, not particularly important, but I'm wondering if the design of the card is going to look different from previous years. I'm grateful they are doing something for the during the next fiscal year, also glad they released the info early, so we don't spend three weeks before our trip wondering whether or not they'll have discounted tickets. :thumbsup2 Thank you Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter