2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

disny45

Attempting another Griswald vacation
Just got off the phone with Disney! So Happy:banana:
They have new military resort discounts out until Oct. 2011. I am sorry I did not get all of the discounts, but I was able to book rooms at POR for 35% off Feb. 25-March 5th. It's not posted yet- but you can call and find out the exact discounts and which hotels when you get on the reservations line.

He also said that there will be a military ticket discount coming out soon too. There was one posted a day or two a go, but it was taken down and getting revised so hoping it's a good discount for all of our military families when it comes out:)

I switched my current ressie for next month for the military discount so I could add dining. I am so excited and can't wait to go back next year with my DH :cool1:

So they're not posted anywhere yet??? Are they in effect as of now? We're going next month and would love to take advantage of any discounts!

ok- just called and checked, she said it was 30% off resorts. There wasn't availibility for our current ressies at CBR. But I don't think it'll help us since we originally had a 40% off pin and FD actually was cheaper for us so we switched to FD when that came out.

ETA (again- LOL!) Although I do wonder what the discount on the tickets will be. That will be worth checking in to! So if anyone hears anything let us all know! :)

So they're not posted anywhere yet??? Are they in effect as of now? We're going next month and would love to take advantage of any discounts!

Yes they are in effect, you need to call Disney to change your reservation.

Dang! It didn't save me anything! I would actually have to pay more since we are on deluxe dining and I have a free dining pin! Even with having to pay the difference between DDxP and DDP with my pin, it would be around $250 more with the Military Discount!

Now, if the discounted tickets come out again (which the CM I talked to hinted strongly about) then I would save. Because I would lose a night or two, plus the discounted ticket price.

As of right now there is nothing concerning any military ticket discount listed in the ticketing section of The Hub other than the 25% Cirque du Soleil discount offer.

I am so excited about this. I just got off the phone with reservations and got us booked for our trip next May. We got 40% off at the Beach Club!! :) I can't wait to celebrate my hubby's college graduation and my 30th birthday.

check out the website below, it talks about the discounts, tickets included

militarydisneytips.com/Disney-Armed-Forces-Salute.html

check out the website below, it talks about the discounts, tickets included

militarydisneytips.com/Disney-Armed-Forces-Salute.html

Wow, I hope they get this straightened out by next week. Hope to get another discounted ticket!

Your source shown is not an official Disney site and also has a lot of disclaimers, including
Note this is a very new offer and park admission prices have not been verified... ITT offices are still learning about this, as is Shades of Green. I'll update ASAP.

I just called about an hour ago. The deal is 30% off value, 35% off mods and 40% off deluxe. I got it for POP and added dining. No tickets yet but we can wait!

Okay one of my friends called up Disney reservations and booked a value resort with the military discounted room for 30% off. So I am for sure the 30% off is for value resorts and 35% off is for the moderate resorts ( as I booked at the moderate using the military discount for late Feb-thru early March) using the military discount through Oct. 2011. You can not combine the military discount with free dining- but they told her as well that Disney will be coming out with discounted military park tickets soon.

Hope this helps- and for anyone who would like to know more about it- call Disney Reservations directly and ask them about the resort discounts for military members- there is NO code as of right now and NO information about it posted on the web anywhere- you MUST call them.The phone number I used was 1-407-WDISNEY.

Hope this helps and have a great day!!

I booked 40% off at the Beach Club and added Military Dining!!! :D Thank you Disney!!!

Now I have to do the math to see if this is a better deal than the Free Dining we already have for Dec.

Although, I think we may stick with Free Dining because we booked a family suite at ASMu and last time they offered the military discount the suites weren't included. We are a family of five, I think the suites will work best for my family.

Even so, I'm pleased to see them offer another military discount. I hope a lot of military families get to take advantage of it!

Do you have to be active to get the discount?

This is from last year's qualifications (thanks to CF for the info)
A service member has a current active duty, including active reserve, or retired ID card from the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corp, or Navy. This includes disabled veterans whose ID Card indicates DAVPRM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter