2010/2011 Armed Forces Salute Tickets

Ok, I thought I knew this, can't I activate, as the spouse tickets for myself and my in-laws? We were going to send DH to Epcots front gate and I was going to take them in at IG.

Yes, you can activate as long as your id card reads "spouse".

Ok, I thought I knew this, can't I activate, as the spouse tickets for myself and my in-laws? We were going to send DH to Epcots front gate and I was going to take them in at IG.

oh yeah, sorry I didn't say that - but since the previous poster was asking about her Dad I didn't think it was important. But yes. the spouse can activate. :)

Question about the 4 day military passes. I bought them at MWR and I know I need to activate them. I want to use them for my trip in September only. I am going for a short trip this June whre I won't be using the tickets, but am I able to still activate them so I won't have to come September?

Question about the 4 day military passes. I bought them at MWR and I know I need to activate them. I want to use them for my trip in September only. I am going for a short trip this June whre I won't be using the tickets, but am I able to still activate them so I won't have to come September?

Yes, you can do that. :)

Yes you can activate them in June (any time at all) and use them at any time up to 30 September 2012.

BTW, you know you don't have to use the days all at once. You can use them on any day (a day at a time or all together).

Is the TTC the only place you can activate the tickets? Can it be done at the resort or somewhere in DTD? We are buying ours from the ITT here on base and I didn't even think about this. Would prefer to do this on our arrival evening instead of in the morning on our way to our first park!

Is the TTC the only place you can activate the tickets? Can it be done at the resort or somewhere in DTD? We are buying ours from the ITT here on base and I didn't even think about this. Would prefer to do this on our arrival evening instead of in the morning on our way to our first park!

I believe you can do it at any customer service location. So that means at the parks, TTC and Downtown Disney. I am going to get ours activated at DD.

If you activate these the night prior to your first day in the park, do you lose a day? I would like to activate ours the evening we arrive and have our first park day the following morning. However, I'm concerned that a day will be deducted upon activation. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks!!!

The Salute tickets may be activated at any Park (including water parks, TTC, DTD and Epcot International Gateway) ticket or Guest Relations window. And activating does not use a day, only entering a part through a turnstile does.

We always manage to go in October during F & W..between "Sorry, they are expired", and "There has been no decision made yet". :rolleyes:

Were going there after our cruise in October. I'm really hoping that they bring back the free 4 day deal for members that thy had a few years back. That was sweet, both the wife and I are active duty.

Were going there after our cruise in October. I'm really hoping that they bring back the free 4 day deal for members that thy had a few years back. That was sweet, both the wife and I are active duty.

Yeah, those were great. i wouldn't hold my breath on that deal happeiing again.

I need advice...my father was being very sweet and just gave me two of these tickets for my trip next month. (He's a WWII vet who has just learned to use the internet :cool1:) I'm afraid now after reading all of this that he's just lost almost $400 since he's not going on the trip with me and neither ticket is for him. I don't think anything was explained clearly when he went to get and he never asked me because he did it as a surprise. :(

I need advice...my father was being very sweet and just gave me two of these tickets for my trip next month. (He's a WWII vet who has just learned to use the internet :cool1:) I'm afraid now after reading all of this that he's just lost almost $400 since he's not going on the trip with me and neither ticket is for him. I don't think anything was explained clearly when he went to get and he never asked me because he did it as a surprise. :(

The Salute 4-day tickets cost $138 each, or with both PH and WPF&M added, they cost $165. For two tickets, that would be $276 or $330. A person would have to be retired military or 100% VA disabled to qualify for Salute tickets, not just a veteran.

Maybe they are regular MYW tickets with a discount, or Stars and Stripes tickets? Do you have the tickets in hand? What tickets did he give you, exactly?

If they're the 4 day $138 or $165 military tickets, no you will not be able to use them if he doesn't go, unless he's already been to Disney and activated the tickets. If he did that, they're fine to use. Otherwise, have him take them back to the office where he bought them and beg them to take them back. Neither ticket has to be for him, but he needs to be there to activate them or they're worthless. On the other hand, almost $400 seems like a lot for two of these tickets. Maybe he got the regularly discounted military tickets--all you save is around the cost of the tax, but they don't have to be activated. Make sure of which type he bought!

Im not positive, but I think if for some reason they can't be activated, they'll let you apply the money spent on them towards regular tickets. Yes, your dad has to activate them.

happybratpack said:

You need to go to the sticky at the top of this board for the exactly correct answer; panel no. 17.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter