2008 Drum Corps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So speaking of the Cavies alumni corps....

For those of you who couldn't make it I wanted to share this. All of the age-outs are sitting on the side two sideline in a small set of bleachers. The Cavies alumni corps comes on the field and starts to warm up, when they turn and salute the age outs! Another great moment from this years DCI!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFfjwc0sjQ&feature=related

PS you guys have one for us in Columbus! :drinking1

thank you for that video. I have goosebumps from head to toe and a tear in my eye. Only marched Sr. Corps and am a HUGE Madison fan, but that was just one of the classiest things ever.

Anyone else hear that Phantom fired their guard caption head? Weird!

Wow...

I also heard that PR won't have WG this year.

On another note, I loved that Thank You that DCI emailed today. Great pictures!

pinnie

Pinnie, Why didn't you warn me about this video!

What a great video! I can hear Phantoms Drum Major yelling "I am Sparticus" just from that clip! :thumbsup2

http://www.dci.org/_now/0008182008_thankyouvid.htm

I still get goosebumps every time I watch that clip. I can't wait for the DVDs to come out. Could someone here give me a heads up when they announce they are going on sale? I am heading back to teaching and my online time is severely limited once school starts!!!

Thanks

pinnie

This is almost too much fun for color TV!

A freind sent me this pic! Any ideas who it is?

Think founding father of DCI!

First one to guess correctly wins a BIG prize! :happytv:

George.jpg

This is almost too much fun for color TV!

A freind sent me this pic! Any ideas who it is?

Think founding father of DCI!

George.jpg

Is that Mike in DRAG!?!?!?!?! :confused3

Oh no, Mike's way to skinny for that to be him. :scratchin

Is it Wally? :confused3 nope, Wally's too skinny too. ::yes::

Is it ME?!?!?!? :eek: No, even drunk, I wouldn't be caught dead in that print.:headache:

Gosh, I'm stumped, Mike. WHO IS IT!?!?!?!

How ever will I sleep until I find out who it is?

Oh, that's right, I've got darvoset. Good night! :faint:

Is that Mike in DRAG!?!?!?!?! :confused3

Oh no, Mike's way to skinny for that to be him. :scratchin

Is it Wally? :confused3 nope, Wally's too skinny too. ::yes::

Is it ME?!?!?!? :eek: No, even drunk, I wouldn't be caught dead in that print.:headache:

Gosh, I'm stumped, Mike. WHO IS IT!?!?!?!

How ever will I sleep until I find out who it is?

Oh, that's right, I've got darvoset. Good night! :faint:

It's not George B. - although big enough. Hmmmmm. I give up!

George.jpg

I guess - A Mess In A Dress.

"BIG prize!"
Yeah - heard that one before - And then it's like -
"Here's your BIG prize honey!" :eek:
And then you gottta do all the work and it really wasn't THAT BIG any way. :mad:

THIS WILL STAY ON THIS BOARD, AND I WILL DELETE ASAP! :rotfl2:

(It's from a Halloween party around 1975)

Well, we had our final practice last night before the Norwood High School Band, and the looks on their faces when we hit our opening set and started playing Malaga was priceless!:eek:

We head into Rochester for DCA weekend with tons of excitement. I don't know how we will come out of this, but I am THRILLED to be a part of Mass Brass. The show Larry Kerchner has written is fantastic. And I must say we are performing it at a very high level right now. I am not sure we have enough for Star, but I think we will do well. Star United has one of the most balanced sounds in the mini corps ranks, and it is very hard to compare a sound that I heard a year ago to where we are now. I do however believe we have the show and the personnel to finish well.

Our opener is Malaga (old Kenton), then El Gato Triste (Chuck tune), then an original composition by Larry Kerchner titled "Jazzmerelda". It has a taste from just about everything he has done, from Bridgemen, to Hawthorne. Neal and Tony Smith consulted on setting our forms up. Yep, we are taking mini corps to the next level with some "drill" stuff on the stage.

I go on for Mellophone individuals at 7:09 at the Clarion Riverside. If any of you are planning on being in Rochester, let me know...

Saturday I plan on seeing the Renegades at the prelims (my personal favorite at the moment, although I am a Skyliner at heart!) Sunday you will find me on the field with the Boston Crusader Senior corps at the Alumni Spectacular. DCA runs a great weekend of relaxed drum corps, which includes a HUGE drum corps block party at the host hotel, Clarion Riverside, and the Convention Center, and it is a great place to find old friends and make new ones.

Anyhow, I will try and keep you posted here. Not sure I am taking my laptop, but I will be back Sunday afternoon...Flying out and back on US Air..(I hate buses!):scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter