20050709 North East US DISMeet July 2005 - Allentown PA

Originally posted by Majestic
I did some investigation and think that Allentown, PA may be a good place for us to consider a meet of this size.

So funny, that's like 5 minutes from my house (not much of a getaway for me)- but do I have the guts to go? hmm . . . :smooth: :confused3

~quote~

Mizlurksalot: but do I have the guts to go? hmm . . .

~end quote~

It's funny you say that-
I almost backed out of the first meet because I was nervous about being around people I do not know...I had the best time, met some new friends, took my Mom and niece and introduced them to the DIS.

Majestic and his helpers did such a great job on the first meet,
I'm so sure this one will be a great time.

Hope to see you there~

Originally posted by tiggerwannabe
~quote~

~end quote~

It's funny you say that-
I almost backed out of the first meet because I was nervous about being around people I do not know...I had the best time, met some new friends, took my Mom and niece and introduced them to the DIS.

Hope to see you there~

I know I feel the same way. I would love to go and meet everyone, it is kind of scarey not really "knowing" anyone AND how do I bring it up to DH? He already thinks I'm crazy and spend too much time on the DIS. :crazy:

Ok I need to get an idea of price here. It looks as though I may not be able to get us in the $35 a head range because of the size of this meet alone. I am looking at $40 to $50 a head for adults as of right now. Not sure about kids yet. I would love for everyone to chime in a bit and give me your input.

Take note that I am not in this to make money. I don't make a dime out of doing this. All the money you put in you get back in someway shape or form.

There will be lots of prizes, food, and a nice hall plus we will have a block of hotel rooms reserved at close to HALF of the rack rate!! Not only that but I can probably arrange for a $10 per adult discount per ticket for Dorney Park!

Anyway, please give me your input everyone.

Thanks,

Fred

Ok I need to get an idea of price here. It looks as though I may not be able to get us in the $35 a head range because of the size of this meet alone. I am looking at $40 to $50 a head for adults as of right now. Not sure about kids yet. I would love for everyone to chime in a bit and give me your input.

Take note that I am not in this to make money. I don't make a dime out of doing this. All the money you put in you get back in someway shape or form.

There will be lots of prizes, food, and a nice hall plus we will have a block of hotel rooms reserved at close to HALF of the rack rate!! Not only that but I can probably arrange for a $10 per adult discount per ticket for Dorney Park!

Anyway, please give me your input everyone.

Thanks,

Fred

Not saying I'll go just yet - too far away for me to know if I can anyway. But, if I would want to go, would my share be as much? I'm only asking because, obviously - I won't be needing a hotel room ;)

The price I am discussing does not include a hotel room.

Again, prices include food, non alcoholic drinks, hall fees, and prizes to be given away plus additional costs for decorations and balloons, etc....

Fred

Originally posted by MizlurksaLot
Not saying I'll go just yet - too far away for me to know if I can anyway. But, if I would want to go, would my share be as much? I'm only asking because, obviously - I won't be needing a hotel room ;)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~quote~

~end quote~

It's funny you say that-

Hope to see you there~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by meeshi
I know I feel the same way. I would love to go and meet everyone, it is kind of scarey not really "knowing" anyone AND how do I bring it up to DH? He already thinks I'm crazy and spend too much time on the DIS. :crazy:

It's really difficult for me, I'm extremely shy :blush: (definitely communicate better online than in person ::yes:: ) -- unless I know someone really well :p. What concerns me more, is that, I'm afraid I won't have very much in common with most of you :worried: . I'm single with no kids and it seems like most of you are married with children.

Again, prices include food, non alcoholic drinks, hall fees, and prizes to be given away plus additional costs for decorations and balloons, etc....

Fred

I would be willing to pay that, and we would book a room...I already talked to DH and he said "sounds good to me" which is really good, I didn't think I would even talk him into it, and seeing as all I did was mention it and he was in...well that is a good sign...LOL

(I think Dorney park swayed him ;) )

Fred

OK :smooth: I was just checking since you mentioned group rates for hotel rooms :)

Originally posted by MizlurksaLot
It's really difficult for me, I'm extremely shy :blush: (definitely communicate better online than in person ::yes:: ) -- unless I know someone really well :p. What concerns me more, is that, I'm afraid I won't have very much in common with most of you :worried: . I'm single with no kids and it seems like most of you are married with children. [/B]

Hi there!
It is only DH and I as well, no kids...Im 29 and he is 33...I know this is off the subject...but you can PM me if you want and we can get to "know" each other and then you will know someone else....

Ok that is my last off the subject reply to this thread, I know it would be hard to get through all of these Replys if there are a ton of off the subject ones!!! ;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by StaceyA

(I think Dorney park swayed him ;) )

Why
eyebrow.gif
? LOL (jk ;) ):p :teeth: I guess when you grow up with something, it's not that impressive - it is a great park though ::yes::

Fred

We had to cancel out on the last meet due to furniture issues after moving but would hope to attend this one and make a weekend out of it. How far is Allentown from NYC?

As far as the cost, I can only go by what I have seen locally. As I am in the process of looking for a place to hold an engagement party for my daughter the prices to use a banquet room in a restaurant is running anywhere from $25 to $35 for the food and use of the room. If you add in decorations, prizes, etc you are in a reasonable ballpark. I am assuming it is more money when you book a banquet room in a hotel.

If you need any help coordinating with New Yorkers let me know.

Gayle

The price is okay with me Fred..Just want to let everyone know, Fred knows how to throw a party! Just meeting everyone,the food and the prizes, it is well worth it!!Hope to see lots of disers..Thanks Fred for making this one so convienent, since I am 20 minutes from Allentown:tongue: :smooth:

Originally posted by gec117
How far is Allentown from NYC?

I went onto Expedia and did driving directions from my house to "main St" in Allentown, i figured all towns have a main st, and they do....at the bottom of the directions it tells you how long the drive should take....hope this helps!!

Good morning, everyone! :wave2:

For what it's worth, I'll throw my 2 cents in:

For any of you who may be hestitant to go because you're concerned about not knowing anyone, feeling awkward or uncomfortable, etc. - don't!! My first "meet" ever was Fred's NJ meet and let me tell you - I was made to feel welcome from the minute I walked in the door! Everyone (especially Fred) was very friendly. I had no idea what to expect (and was even planning the "I don't feel well" excuse to leave just in case, but we had such a GREAT time!!!

In the same regard, as for the price, I can tell you that it worth every penny and more! I could not believe it when we walked it!! Fred and his wife had the entire room decorated from front to back with great WDW posters, balloons, placemats... you name it! Plus, we were droooling as we walked (slowly) by the "prize table"!! I still don't know how he got such great stuff!!!

Fred arranged for us to play games, give away great WDW stuff, and made it an all-around great experience. He clearly put a huge amount of time into setting up and coordinating this meet, and I'm sure this HUGE meet will be nothing less than spectacular!!

Everyone had a wonderful time. We all made new friends, and were talking about the next meet while we were still there!

Can't wait!!::yes::

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Would it be sacrilegious to have it at Dorney?
Amusement parks always have picnic grounds---

Or, are there convention halls nearby?
They would be set up for this kind of thing---

~Our Great Adventure caters and the price would include admission.~

:scratchin

As of right now, I am working out a plan for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. People would have the option to come as early as Thursday night if they wanted.

The meet would be on Saturday and I was hoping to do a big Dorney park day on Sunday.

I had one of my first of many meetings yesterday to discuss the plan. Lots of special things in the works.

I plan on making this one huge bash. Trust me.

Lou and everyone else who attended the NJ meet....thanks for the support. :) ::yes::

Fred

Would it be sacrilegious to have it at Dorney?
Amusement parks always have picnic grounds---

Or, are there convention halls nearby?
They would be set up for this kind of thing---

~Our Great Adventure caters and the price would include admission.~

:scratchin

Count me in!!! I'll definately be attending this one! It's only 40 minutes from me. I wasn't able to go to the NJ meet because of a family reunion...

If you need help, just hollar!!

Is the date written in stone yet??? I would like to know what weekend it is in June since my DD has dance Recitial, my cousin is 'thinking' of getting married in June so if you have the specific date in mind please let me know so i can put it on the calandar. I am only 20 mins from Allentown and would LOVE to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter