20050709 North East US DISMeet July 2005 - Allentown PA

Majestic

WILDERNESS LODGE VET
DATES:
July 9th 2005

The Crowne Plaza Hotel and Banquet Hall in Allentown, PA.

VERY SPECIAL GUESTS!

Deb Wills - Author and Webmaster
http://www.allearsnet.com
Bitten by the Disney bug at an early age, Deb Wills has combined her skills in computer technology with her love of the Walt Disney World theme parks to create Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Information Guide. In the last nine years, she has developed the site into one of the most up-to-date, independent resources about Walt Disney World on the Internet, with more than 4,000 pages of information, 4,000 photos, menus from every WDW restaurant and more than 4.5 million "page views" and over 500,000 unique visitors per month. Deb also publishes ALL EARS®, a free weekly electronic newsletter that has nearly 54,000 subscribers from around the world.

Lou Mongello - Author of the Walt Disney World Trivia Book
Louis Mongello has been fascinated by Walt Disney World throughout his more than 40 visits, and in the process learned everything he could about the history, secrets and inner workings of the resort. Lou will host a Disney Trivia game using questions and answers from the thousands of questions he has assembled. This was a great success at the New Jersey Disney Fans Meet in May of 2004 and I am looking forward to an even bigger and better trivia game for 2005!

John Rick - President of the Central Jersey Pin Traders
John will speak to everyone about the art and obsession of Disney pin trading. I hope to have a table/area setup specifically for those that want to show off the best of thier collection and maybe even trade a few! That means, BRING YOUR PINS PEOPLE! I expect to see many people wearing lanyards!! DON'T LET ME DOWN! :)

THE MENU: ADULTS
Tossed salad with house dressing.
London Broil or Roasted Chicken
Sides
Roasted Potatoes
House Vegetables
Rolls with Butter
Desert Table with assorted cakes.
Coffee,Tea, and unlimited Soda.

THE MENU: CHILDREN 12 AND UNDER
Refreshment table to include unlimited soda, chips, and pretzels.
Buffet table of Chicken Fingers, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, and Cheeseburgers, and French Fries.
Desert will include Jello and Pudding.

PAYMENT:
Payment can be made via Paypal or Money Order. No checks. No cash. All payments must be received "no later" than June 1st 2005. We "may" be able to slip a few people in past that date but it "may" be difficult and the rate "may" also be different. For parties of four or more adults or 2 parents and at least 2 children, a payment plan to split costs can be made on a per person basis.

Please email support@dismeets.com for more info.

Take note that for each person in your party, I will need a full name and the meal choice specified as "Roasted Chicken" or "London Broil" for adults and "Child Buffet" for kids 12 and under. This is a MUST. Also, for children attending, please specify how old they are and male or female. Children under 3 are free and should NOT be included as part of your official count.

You will be emailed a voucher for your selected meal choice that MUST be presented at the event. No exceptions!

Here are the rates for the July 2005 Disney Fans Gathering. Payments via PayPal will incur a service fee. If you are not already aware, paypal takes your payment and subtracts a portion for service fees. Of course, I cannot (nor should I) pay the difference myself so I pass those charges on to you. Paypal is a popularly requested payment option which is why I make it available as a convenience to the guests.

**Note: If you wish to have a regular sit down lunch for a child, please pay for them as an adult.

Adults via Money order: $44.00 per person.
Adults via PayPal: $46.00 per person.

Children 12 and under via Money Order: $16.00 per child.
Children 12 and under via Paypal: $17.00 per child.

Children under 3 will be admitted free of charge.

Please mail money orders to:

Fred Block
Re: 2005 Disney Fans Meet!
PO Box 253
Sayreville, NJ 08872

Please send PayPal payments to sales@majesticnetworks.net.

REFUND POLICY:
Please be aware that there are no refunds. I still pay for headcount whether you attend or not. If for some reason you can't attend, you may apply/sell/donate your admission fee to someone else but I can't give your money back. If you register for the meet you will be listed towards the event minimum head count which I am responsible for.

FOR THOSE WANTING A ROOM:
Check-in time for all rooms is 4:00 p.m. and check-out time is 12:00 noon.
Guests must call the hotel for reservations (610) 433-2221 and must mention the “DISNEY FANS GATHERING” to get the group rate of $89 plus tax per night.

Every attempt will be made to accommodate special requests for room types, smoking preferences and location, however, due to the arrival and departure patterns not all requests may be able to be fulfilled.

Handicap accessible rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis.

Reservations must be received by 05/08/2005. After this date reservations will be accepted on a space and rate available basis only. After 05/08/2005 all reservations must be made thru the Group Sales Office, during normal business hours and availability and rate are not guaranteed.

TERMS OF PAYMENT FOR ROOMS: A credit card must be used to guarantee each room for arrival. Guests are responsible for all charges

HISTORY:
If you don't already know, I already planned and hosted a meet like this in New Jersey. Approximately 40 people came and we all had a great time. (See the link to pictures in my signature....)
We had trivia and many other games to play. There were also lots of prizes direct from Disney World!

The original New Jersey Disney Meet thread can be read by clicking this link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=515956

HEADCOUNTS:
Latest headcount update:
Last Updated: 11/5/2004 2:50pm

Total Attending: 149
Total Adults Attending: 111
Total Children Attending: 38
Total Hotel Rooms Needed: 28

I created a nice simple form for all of you to fill out. It will ask you a few questions. I hope that people filling the form out are at LEAST 90% certain they can go on the dates listed so I can have a pretty accurate headcount.

Your information will be safe with me. I assure you that it will not be shared with anyone unless it is meet/hotel related.

http://www.dismeets.com/disneymeet/register2005.html

MAILING LIST:
I have created a mailing list for news and information regarding the meet. You can join the list by filling in the following form with your email address then clicking submit. Note that clicking submit will take you away from this page. Click the back button on your browser to return.
<form action="http://www.dismeets.com/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi">
<input type="hidden" name="flavor" value="subscribe">
<input type="hidden" name="list" value="allentownpa2005">
<input type="text" name="email" value="email address" onfocus="this.value='';return false;">
<input type="submit" value="Subscribe!">
</form>
TELL EVERYONE! ADD IT TO YOUR SIGNATURE!
Put the following in your signature under User Control Panel and Profile. Make sure that you replace the ( with a [ and the ) with a ] or it won't work.

(b)(color=green)Interested in a HUGE North East US DIS Meet 07/2005?(url="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=603360") CLICK HERE!(/url) I'm Going!(/color)(/b)

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
So here we are. July 2005 is about a year away. Plenty of time to plan an event of this size. Let's do it everyone!

Fred

en.LogoPar.Single.LogoImage.gif

Crowne Plaza Hotel - ALLENTOWN
904 HAMILTON ST
ALLENTOWN, PA 18101
UNITED STATES
Tel: 1-610-4332221
Fax: 1-610-4336455

Amenities
Indoor Pool
Free In Room High-speed Internet Access
Health/Fitness Center On-Site
A/C Public Areas
Dry Cleaning Pickup/Laundry
Florist
Free Local Phone Calls
Gift Shop
Ice Machine
Safety Deposit Box available at Front Desk
Room Service
Copying
E-mail & Internet
Executive Suites
Facsimile
PC
Printer
Unstaffed Business Center

A view from the outside:
hotel.jpg

Here is the lobby...(That is my wife and children on the sofa...)
lobby.jpg

Here is one of the rooms...nice eh?
room.jpg

Here's the Bar!
bar.jpg

Here's the restaurant...
restaurant.jpg

Here's the indoor pool...
pool.jpg

Here's the fitness room...
gym.jpg

Here's the foyer to the Banquet Hall...
foyer.jpg

Here's one section of the hall...
hall.jpg

I did some investigation and think that Allentown, PA may be a good place for us to consider a meet of this size. Using mapping software (Microsoft Streets and Trips 2004) I was able to drap a circle around the states mentioned and Allentown PA tends to be right at the center. From what I can see, most people would be no further than 190 miles away from there at the furthest point of the radius I placed on the map.

2005meetmap-small.jpg

Click HERE to see a larger version of this map.

Notice that at the end of the line from the center towards the edge of the circle it says 190 miles.

That would be a great idea, and Allentown is a close enough for me. Dorney Park is nearby too, so for those who want to stay in the area for an extra day or so that would be a good place to visit as well.

A weekend get away sounds nice to me. We went to Dorney Park a few years ago and had a BLAST!!! I know my DD would enjoy a day at Dorney!!!

Ahh here were go again. :) I am looking forward to planning this one. It should be fun!

I would even consider coming from Buffalo. DH loves a nice drive, anytime, anywhere.:D

DH and I would be interested! Looks like you guys had a great time in June.

Barbe

Count Me In! I would love a weekend away and a chance to meet fellow DISers!

Kasey and I would love to go!! That pirce does not seem high for food and the use of a hall! We would stay overnight for sure and go to Dorney Park!!

Can I come (from Massachusetts)??:wave2: Definitely would have to stay overnight!

Originally posted by Jeanny
Can I come (from Massachusetts)??:wave2: Definitely would have to stay overnight!

We'd love to have you join in Jeanny!!!

Might be if its after school is out. My ds have too many state tests etc that they cram for up until the end of the 3rd week of june. Wish I was at the nj one. Sounds like you guys had alot of fun.

By the way, I am setting June as the month for now. It's NOT etched in stone. We "could" do July too but I would prefer first week if it was.

Everyone is welcome to come! Doesn't matter where you are from. Turns out there is an Airport right in or near Allentown.

I am already working on scouting out locations and will be taking a ride out there tomorrow. I am hoping to find a Hotel that has a conference/meeting/social events room that we can book. This way we can work out a deal for that and a block of rooms.

I figure we would have the meet on Saturday from like 12pm to 4pm but hours may have to be changed. The Sunday after could be used for a DIS Attack of Dorney Park! Wooooooo that sounds fun! :)

Originally posted by Verandah Man
We'd love to have you join in Jeanny!!!

thanks Andy!!! and thanks Fred for all the planning!! I usually take my vacation the first two weeks of July, but anytime in June is ok for a weekend getaway!

I am in! I love the idea that I may actually get to FINALLY meet Andy! WOOHOO!!!!

This meet is so great, we usually go to PA for our summer vacation. We didn't go this year because of our 3 Disney trips. But we will not have ONE Disney trip in 2005...so PA here we come!

Fred,

We're there!!! Anything I can do to help, just let me know! ::yes::

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Great idea, Fred! I think that it would be a wonderful and very successful gathering! Please add 2 more to the prospective head count! :) Thanks and looking forward to seeing you and everyone else, again! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter