20050709 North East US DISMeet July 2005 - Allentown PA

Everyone, in the first post that I made, I added a form to fill out so you can join an email list. Please sign up for this list for important information if you plan on attending.

I am working on a few things right now. Today I took a ride out to Allentown, PA. It took me about an hour and a half to get there.

I saw a few hotels out there but one that really has my attention. Lots of good things there too. Don't want to post any info as it is still premature but I have a conference call scheduled with the Sales Manager and General Manager for sometime this week. The cost may be a little higher than I expected though. We'll see what I can do.

I am also going to work on a signup webpage that will allow you all to sign up for the meet and enter important information that I will/may need.

More info soon. Everyone spread the word!!

Fred

Hmmm...Dorney Park...they're building a new floorless coaster there. I might come. It depends on where I'm going next year.

All 4 of us (me, DW and DSs 3 and 7 would be interested). Allentown is a very nice and friendly area. Bethlehem is also great and, given the Universities in the area (Lehigh, Lafayette, Moravian) there should be several potential sites for the meet. I'd be happy to talk to my Brother who lives in Bethlehem, if you'd like.

Good luck with the planning.

Louis

Count us in!! Sounds like a blast.
Fred, let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Mike

Depending on when it is, I'd be very interested in attending. Like Helen, Allentown is only 30 minutes from me!

I would have to say that "I" currently am not sure if I can pull it off with the time I have. If we "do" one more before this one, it will probably be more like January.

Sorry. You CAN come to this one though! ::yes::

Fred

Originally posted by HughJackman'n'me
So I guess the Sept. NJ Dis Meet is o-u-t then, eh??

You should have called me and John -- you were in Allentown!!!... Not sure how far we are.. probably 30 minutes... you could have come over!
Count us in for the meet... you did an excellent job with the other one!

If you need help, I will help you on the Pa end..Sounds like fun..

It sounds like fun! Allentown is only an hour away.

Lou begins feverishly writing trivia questions for next year's contest :hyper:

We would love to be included as well. Allentown is only about 45 minutes from me and Dorney Park is a good park (although the recently dismantled on of my favorite coasters:rolleyes: ) but the floorless one sounds great!!!

I will sign up for the email list!

Thansk so much for doing this and if I can help in any way, let me know.

Denise

Fred...count us in, me, DH and DD...we only live about one hour from there and would also be willing to help if you need any.

The airport is ABE (Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton) and the fares are pretty reasonable from there. We sometimes pick this airport for its ease and good fares. It also might be referred to as the Lehigh Valley Airport (not sure).

The Lehigh Valley Mall is also in Allentown and is great for shopping...remember, Pennsylvania does not have a sales tax on clothes or shoes!! I might be able to talk some other local Dis'ers into coming along!! I have signed up for your email. Mary Jo

Just stumbled upon this thread......I would like to get some more info on this, as we would possibly be interested in doing this. It sounds great!!!

Bobbi

You can count the Two Disney Dudettes:earsgirl: :earsgirl: in. We are only about an hour, maybe an hour and a half from Allentown. I go through Allentown every time I go to the Poconos.

JEANNY: Can you believe we both have the "Genie" icon & both have similar names?

Keep us informed. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

Hi Fred,
I lived only 20 mins from Allentown. I live 1 mile from Lafayette College....
If you need any help, just holler...

There are quite a few hotel/banquet places, but keep in mind to set the date as soon as you decieded...there is alot of graduation parties going on in June since it is a big deal with HS and Colleges around here.

I believe Knoebel's is about 2-3 hours from Allentown and there's a rumor they may be getting a new coaster next year, so Allentown looks mighty tempting next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter