2/5/05 Eastern--anyone booked?

" The ship has a walking tour that starts at 2:30. "

Hey, Renee,

How did you find out about the "walking tour"? How long does it last and where does it go?, etc? Details please :worship: !
I love the idea of your hot pink outfit! You should be easy to find! I'll look like everyone else on board---pure amazement and joy on my face---yes, even if it is raining!!! :sunny:
susan

ps. time is flying now.... :hourglass

armyfam said:
" The ship has a walking tour that starts at 2:30. "

Hey, Renee,

How did you find out about the "walking tour"? How long does it last and where does it go?, etc? Details please :worship: !
I love the idea of your hot pink outfit! You should be easy to find! I'll look like everyone else on board---pure amazement and joy on my face---yes, even if it is raining!!! :sunny:
susan

ps. time is flying now.... :hourglass
Hi Susan,

All I have learned so far is it is about a 1/2 hour and it is just to get people familiar with the ship (where things are). I have gotten both good and so so feedback. I figure we could be doing that for 25 minutes and run for the next five to the meet. :-)

One week from right now our plane will be just leaving SD!

TTYS,
Renée

Hi Everyone! We just got our Doc's last night, finally!!!! We're all ready to go!
we'll be leaving Thursday night from Seattle, red eye, arriving in MCO at 7am then off to the port for a pre-cruise hotel night...... we are ready!!!
Mark

Well, our vacation begins in less than one week now! We are off to the Baltimore airport next friday at 12:30, right after we take our son to pre-school.

In case anyone here has not found it, you must read the Magical Disney Cruise Guide. It is about 100 pages long. Go to

http://www.allearsnet.com/cruise/mdcg.pdf

Also, here is the most all inclusive packing list I have ever seen. If you take HALF of this stuff, you will be crazy, but it really makes you think about what might be important to you on a cruise.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/entropym/pages/packing_list.htm

According to the weather channel, Port Canaveral will have a high of 68 on 2/5. Not pool weather, but not bad coming from single digits here in PA.

Scott

I'm hoping the forecast is wrong, being that it's still a week away. Keeping my fingers crossed for 80 degrees. Then again, like you said anything is an improvement over the snowy northland. Just having the week off work will be wonderful!

Scott5150 said:
Well, our vacation begins in less than one week now! We are off to the Baltimore airport next friday at 12:30, right after we take our son to pre-school.

According to the weather channel, Port Canaveral will have a high of 68 on 2/5. Not pool weather, but not bad coming from single digits here in PA.

Scott

Scott - are you leaving Baltimore next Friday at 12:30 or arriving in MCO at 12:30? We are leaving Baltimore at 10:00 and arriving at 12:25 in MCO...

I have to agree (being in MD where it is 9 degrees right now), 68 doesn't sound bad - 80's would be better, but I'll take double digits at this point!

Stacy

Stacy,

We are leaving on a 4:00 US Airways flight through Charlotte, landing at 8:00pm. Its a good 100 minutes without traffic from our house to BWI, so I want to make sure we are not rushed.

Scott

2kidsrgreat said:
Hi Renee,

How did you learn about the 2:30 walking tour and how do you sign up for it? TIA!

Katy :sunny:
Hi Katy,

I found out about it by reading old Navigators posted on the Web. I also asked in the main area about the tour. People who had not been on the ship liked it, those who had been on the ship before not as much. I would like to do it just to get the ship's layout. (Which I should have by now anyway from memorizing deck plans. :-) ) Are you thinking about doing the tour?

TTYS,
Renée

Hello All,

The Gutierrez family wishes everyone a safe trip down to the Cape.

We leave 8AM in the morning for a week at the World. The timeshare we are staying at has internet access so I'll try to give hands on analysis on the weather as the week progresses.

Safe travels to you as well. See you on the Magic next week! :cool1:
We leave on Friday. Staying at the Radisson and then going through those ears I've been reading about!

PS. Being a New Englander, I have to admit that I took a double take at your reference to "the Cape"....to us that is only one place...Cape Cod! Just like a reference to "the City" can only be Manhattan!!! :rotfl2:

armyfam said:
Safe travels to you as well. See you on the Magic next week! :cool1:
We leave on Friday. Staying at the Radisson and then going through those ears I've been reading about!

PS. Being a New Englander, I have to admit that I took a double take at your reference to "the Cape"....to us that is only one place...Cape Cod! Just like a reference to "the City" can only be Manhattan!!! :rotfl2:

"The City" to us West Coast'ers is San Francisco. Guess it just depends what side of Kansas you live on. :-)

What's up with this 68 degree stuff! If I wanted that kind of weather, I'ld stay home. (OK -- Maybe not right now since it is raining again.) Rather have the rain than the crazy cold and snow our East Coast friends are having.

On an unrelated note... Anybody staying at the MCO Hyatt Friday night? If so, when do you get into town? We arrive shortly after 4PM.

TTYS,
Renée

Being a transplanted New Englander I related to both Renee and Katy. Last winter I was under 4 feet of snow when we booked cruise. I know live inthe High Desert and its 60 degrees at 7am. So made a decision with my DS we are going to have a blast the cooler weather in florida will not stop us.

I am sure my son will be one of the select few that will swim @ the radisson friday night and everyday on ship. I think he would swim ice cubes if DW would let him.

Ok we are off to Baseball practice. Yes eastcoasters Little league has already stated out here.

Are you thinking about doing the tour?

TTYS,
Renée[/QUOTE]

Hi Renee,

Yes, we are thinking of doing the tour. Do you know where it meets/start off at?

Thanks!

On another note... At this time next week - we have just met! Looking forward to it!

Katy

2kidsrgreat said:
Are you thinking about doing the tour?

TTYS,
Renée

Hi Renee,

Yes, we are thinking of doing the tour. Do you know where it meets/start off at?

Thanks!

On another note... At this time next week - we have just met! Looking forward to it!

Katy[/QUOTE]

Hi Katy,

That would be cool if we both end up doing the walking tour together. We will just have to let the CM know why we are running away like Cinderella when the clock strikes three so they do not think it is them.

I do not know where we meet yet. I'll check in the main area and get back to you.

Silly me -- why I did not think of this sooner I do not know. Here is my cell number in case anyone wants to try and connect earlier than 3PM: 760.484.7781. My husband's call (Stephen) is 310.925.6954.

This time next week I am in line for dinner! :-)

TTYS,
Renée

if anyone has been on a cruise preiviously they will know what i am talking about but the goofy pool is supossed to be the teen and ocenear lab aged kids pool however usually the kids from ages 7-4 go in there so it is extremly packed FYI get there early if you want to be able to move around a lot lol
~ ;) ~drea~ :bitelip: ~

I just watched the DCL advertisement DVD. I got all choked up. While viewing the DVD, I checked out our meeting area (Deck 10 - Port side). Not that much longer. :-)

Katy: Someone in the main board said the tour meets on Deck 4. We will know for sure when we get our Navigator for the day.

Are we there yet?

TTYS,
Renée

P.S. Silly question -- I have heard that there are several places to go and sign up for extra Spa stuff. I just go to Vista Spa (once on board) right? Thanks!

Well, except for packing toiletries (last minute), I'm ready! The docs are all filled out and tucked away in my carryon. I do have to go to the bank and get cash, but everything else is done. The mail is going to be held, my cousin is keeping our dog, etc. I can't wait!!!

Denise :thewave:

praisehisname said:
Well, except for packing toiletries (last minute), I'm ready! The docs are all filled out and tucked away in my carryon. I do have to go to the bank and get cash, but everything else is done. The mail is going to be held, my cousin is keeping our dog, etc. I can't wait!!!

Denise :thewave:

Denise - You are making me look bad! I still have to go to Costco to pick up the phone cards for the kids club counselors, pack my daughter's stuff (!), iron clothes...aghhh! It seems like this week just creeped up on me! I have an appt after work tomorrow to get my toes done (a gift certificate from DH for Christmas) and Thursday we are getting our taxes done. Maybe I will be packing in the middle of the night? :cloud9: We are very much looking forward to SATURDAY!!!!! See you then!

Stacy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter