2/5/05 Eastern--anyone booked?

WisconsinCruisers said:
We just opened our docs and even more pumped than ever! I too love the fact that NEXT week we will be crusining. I know a lot of us have been planning this vacation for over a year and can't wait.

I hope everyone's planning is going well!

:cheer2: :Pinkbounc :jumping3: :jumping4: :rockband: :cool1: :wizard:
Hi Becki!

Thank for the email. What is in the "docs" packet? Still, anxiously waiting for mine... we do have our passports though w/a big sign on my bathroon mirror not to forget them! :-)

TTYS,
Renée

praisehisname said:
We cruised last year on Superbowl and they did it up great! Besides showing it in the sports bar, they had a HUGE screen set up in the Promenade Lounge. There were snacks galore, too. I'm just bummed that it's on formal night...

Denise

Hi Denise,

Will you be sending out an updated spreadsheet right before sailing? I want to print and pack the lastest one as I run out the door to catch our flight. :-)

TTYS,
Renée

bernee said:
Hi Becki!

Thank for the email. What is in the "docs" packet? Still, anxiously waiting for mine... we do have our passports though w/a big sign on my bathroon mirror not to forget them! :-)

TTYS,
Renée

Hello,

I will also pray for good weather and light seas as some posts in the main forum state that seas have been rough.

The docs package includes: a "flight coupon type" booklet for each passenger which contain the baggage tags, transfer purchase options, payment auth. form, embarkation form, and cruise contract. Also a Bahamas Immigration form, a tux rental info sheet, DCL gift info, a "Passport to Disney Magic" info booklet which I'm sure everyone here already knows everything in the booklet, a immigration document reminder, and a new Castaway Cay excursion info sheet. All this in a paper clutch type enclosure.

Well we leave for Florida on Saturday morning, but I hear there are some internet terminals where we are staying so I hope I can get any last minute info.

Merv

bernee said:
Hi Denise,

Will you be sending out an updated spreadsheet right before sailing? I want to print and pack the lastest one as I run out the door to catch our flight. :-)

TTYS,
Renée

Yep! We're leaving Friday (2/4), so I'll send it out on Thursday (2/3).

Denise (who still doesn't have docs...)

15minfromOGDL said:
Hello,

I will also pray for good weather and light seas as some posts in the main forum state that seas have been rough.

The docs package includes: a "flight coupon type" booklet for each passenger which contain the baggage tags, transfer purchase options, payment auth. form, embarkation form, and cruise contract. Also a Bahamas Immigration form, a tux rental info sheet, DCL gift info, a "Passport to Disney Magic" info booklet which I'm sure everyone here already knows everything in the booklet, a immigration document reminder, and a new Castaway Cay excursion info sheet. All this in a paper clutch type enclosure.

Well we leave for Florida on Saturday morning, but I hear there are some internet terminals where we are staying so I hope I can get any last minute info.

Merv

Hi Merv,

Thanks for the doc info. I just got off the phone with DCL. We are now signed up for the "St. John Tour" excursion. Yeah! :-) (It looked like the right speed for us since all I can do is dog paddle. No snorkling for me.)

See you soon!

Renée

Single digit dance for me! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm getting really nervous with the people complaing about their 1-15 cruise in other threads. Rough seas, two missed ports, etc. Is anyone else worried? Also, I'm fully prepared for dramamine, is the patch stronger? Should I be rushing to the doctor?

I called DVC today to check on my docs, and according to UPS they were delivered yesterday to my house. I am in Mobile AL this week, and I bet that my wife has not checked our front porch (We always use the garage). So I THINK that they are there.

Don't worry about the 1/15 cruise. The people on the 1/22 say that everything is fine. You just never know. I am not going to worry about it, because it will be nicer than 0 Degrees and Snow no matter what it is like.

Scott

WARNING ABOUT THE TRANS-SCOPALOMINE PATCH

It works, but has signifianct side effects like dry mouth.

Also, my wife got it on her finger and then put her contacts in. Her pupil dilated for a few days and that was much worse than being sea sick. So if you use the patch, the are not kidding when they tell you to wash your hands after using it.

Scott

I was also getting worried about the weather and sea and ports etc after reading about the 1/15 cruise. However, I have decided that I will NOT let it get me down if the cruise is not exactly the way I would like it. It will be better than being in the snow and ice - that is for sure! I am going in with an open mind and will make changes as necessary!

See you all there!!

Katy

Hi All!

I've read that the Pirate night will be Tuesday---have any of you planned on wearing costumes? We'll probably be wearing our tropical wear that night since I don't know if I have time to find costumes.

Also, we just found out that some great friends of ours are planning on joining us on this cruise! :jumping3:

:grouphug: We still plan on making the DIS meet on deck 10 at 3pm (above the Goofy pool). I have a question---is the Goofy pool on deck 9?

We will be running around the ship trying to set up Palo (dinner, brunch, and tea) ressies as well as spa treatments...our adrenaline will be evident by the time we see you all! :hyper:

We're holding on the shore excursions for now. Wait and see....
:rolleyes1

See you "soon"!
susan

I bought the entire family matching tropical wear - I didn't realize the theme changed to pirates and I love the outfits I bought so that's what we will wear! I have read that a lot of people are wearing troical on Pirates Night so I don't think we will be out of place. And if we are --- OH WELL! :sunny:

Katy

Alright, I'm trying not to worry! Not docking (other then CC) wouldn't bother me too much, I'm more excited about the ship itself. The rough seas do have me a little nervous though!

Trying not to worry...

I've been reading this thread for at least 6 months and have not been able to post due to a forgotten password :) . We are on this cruise myself (Brenda), husband (Kevin) and twin daughters (Mandy & Drea 13). I think we are Kdicey's neighbors as we are in spr 5024. We can't wait to sail - this is our 4th Disney cruise - our second time on the Eastern. We still have not gotten our docs and we leave 1 week from today on Feb 1. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Brenda Thurmes BmarieT@aol.com

BmarieT said:
I've been reading this thread for at least 6 months and have not been able to post due to a forgotten password :) . We are on this cruise "

We'll be seeing you soon, too! :Pinkbounc :cool1:

BTW, Disneyfalcon, "Don't worry, be happy!" ;) It will be fine no matter what! (I hope you don't mind my silly sense of humor---must be all the snow!!!) We're packing our sea sick meds just in case too.

BmarieT said:
I've been reading this thread for at least 6 months and have not been able to post due to a forgotten password :) . We are on this cruise myself (Brenda), husband (Kevin) and twin daughters (Mandy & Drea 13). I think we are Kdicey's neighbors as we are in spr 5024. We can't wait to sail - this is our 4th Disney cruise - our second time on the Eastern. We still have not gotten our docs and we leave 1 week from today on Feb 1. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Brenda Thurmes BmarieT@aol.com

Brenda,

Do you want to be included in the spreadsheet I put together? It shows names, ages of kids, room number, email, and home state. I have most of your info from your message, but thought I'd check to make sure it was OK if I included you.

We are going to meet at 3pm on Deck 10, right above the Goofy Pool, on the side facing the port. We'd love to have you join us!

Denise

My TA mailed my docs today, priority mail! YEA!!!!! That's one worry off my mind!

BMarieT I'm jealous you're leaving on the 1st! We're leaving on the third. 9 days! Single digit dance!!!!

"
Disneyfalcon said:
My TA mailed my docs today, priority mail! YEA!!!!! That's one worry off my mind!"

Yeah, Disneyfalcon! Congratulations!! Also, our friends still haven't received their docs...maybe today?????
It is snowing again in NE.......it looks beautiful though. I was supposed to go "cruise shopping" today :teeth: ! Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

see you all soon.........! :wave:

Hi everyone - one day closer!!

Denise - yes you can include us on your spreadsheet - thank you!

Thanks for the invite to the meeting on deck 10 - we will try to make it. We still have not received our docs. Today should be the day according to my travel agent! Hope everyone is having fun shopping and planning - I know I am :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter