2/01/03 Western

Jusst thought that it was getting close, so I decided to think about some Mexican themed Country Music to get everyone in the Mood.

Toby Keith- Good to go to Mexico
Tim Mcgraw- That's why god made Mexico/Seniorita Margarita
Refried Dreams
Garth Brooks- 2 Pina Colada's
Clay Walker- Then What
Kenny Chesney- How forever feels

If you all can think of anymore, please add some, I am making a CD for the plane trip down and to sit by the pool with.

Norm

HEY, WHERE ARE ALL THOSE EXCITED CRUISERS FOR THIS CRUISE.
AKTERRYE gets a new job and had to cancel, and no one is here to lend their support, Only kidding, but seriously We miss you all..

Norm and Kim

Hi Kim & Norm.....we're still here!! Trying to finish packing and putting last minute things together. We're leaving next Friday to spend a week at the World...staying at the WLV...my hubby and in-laws can't wait!! So this will be my last week to post!! I hope to meet most of you Sunday AM secret deck 7 at 10:00....see you all very soon!!
Laurie :)

I've been lurking this board for about a week now and just saw this thread for the week we're cruising! I couldn't possibly read all the posts from a year ago, but was able to catch up a little. I am cruising with my DH, DD9 and DS6. This is our 3rd cruise, 2nd 7 day and 1st to the Western Carib. I am going to try to make it to the secret deck on Sun, but we all know how that goes! So many things to do, so little time! It would be nice to meet people who like to plan and be prepared as I do! Although, I just got the suitcases up tonight, so I'm a little behind most of you! Is anyone staying at the Radisson the night before? Also, anyone from MN cruising this date? I just booked the 2 person speed boats in Key West today!! I think we'll just hang at the beach and snorkel at Cayman and Cozumel. I'll be lurking daily from now on, I'm sure! One thing I didn't catch was the green ribbon thing? Can anyone clue me in...I'm assuming it's the official DIS color so anyone adorned in it can be recognized?!?!
Thanks-
Sue
15 days
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :smooth:

Two weeks from now we'll all be at our hotels, laying awake all night waiting for the AM!!! Hope all you Raddison pals have fun! We're at the Hyatt MCO and will catch the bus in the morning.

AKTERRYE-Congrats & the very best of luck to you in your new career! I know how you feel about having to cancel tho!! We were two weeks from leaving on a dream vacation to Italy last Sept. when my hubby got sent up to Santa Barbara to fix a big problem! I cried when I had to give the tickets back to the United gal! :( But now we get to go on this incredible cruise! So, I'm sure something wonderful will come your way because of the sacrifices you've made. It's all about faith and Karma! :D Do I sound like I'm from CA or what??:p
ALLEARS- I have a twleve yr old DS too! Maybe they'll meet up in the lab! We also have another DS that will be celebrating his 11th B-day during the cruise.
PJACOBI- Sorry you couldn't find the ric-rac, but sounds like you scored some other great stuff!
Gina- I have a brand new, just released Disneyland pin!!! I bought two so I'd have one to trade!!

Welcome "Wolfyie the Lurker"!!:p

I've been in Kansas the past week (Froze my fanny!! but, saw snow!! Haven't seen snow in 10 yrs!!). While I was away, I recieved my Ebay goodies!! Adorable Disney Aloha shirts for the boys and a Grumpy T for DH!! I LOVE EBAY!!!!

I don't know about you guys,but, I"M SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

*waves madly*

Hi Sue!! Welcome to our party!! :) :) :) Wow, another 6 year old?? I think every 6 year old in the OC is going to be a DIS-kid!! That's too funny... my DS is thrilled, that's for sure!

YES, there are many of us at the Radisson, and we are having a poolside get-together that night at around... 7-ish? Is that right, anybody? What the heck time did I say?? Stupid antibiotics have destroyed my brain, I'm sure of it. Sounds like a good excuse, anyway. ;) I'm sure we'll be out there for a while... I'll have green glow-bracelets on, so you can find me. This little mini-meet will be a good way for all of us to get to see who's who beforehand, so we'll know who we are when we see each other again. :)

And it's funny... last time, once I saw the size of the ship, I thought, "I'm never going to find another DIS-er the whole week!" But it's funny how you keep running into others... even on the islands!

And if you can't make it to the thing at the Raddison, then I hope you'll be able to come to the other meet on deck 7 Sunday morning. I'd also like to do a pin meet at someplace like the Promenade Lounge, for anyone interested... is anyone else interested?? No big thing or swap pressure, I just love to sit with friends and fellow pin nuts and see all the neat ones everyone has. :) Anyone? Anyone?

Just think... a mere two weeks from right now, we'll all be dreaming of getting on that beautiful ship the next morning...

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

-gina-

PS) Terrye -- I'm sorry you can't go.. I figured it was something like that when I didn't hear from you in a while. I'm really happy for you with your new job, though!

Yippeeeeeeeeee. Packing here......... ready to join ship on 1st Feb 2003. Hope our flight from England isnt delayed on the Friday!Also staying at Hyatt and catching Cruiseline bus to port. Need some sunshine........ lets hope Disney can provide it!!!See you all on board: its going to be just wonderful!

Yippeeee. DS 6 and DD 9 will be thrilled to have so many friends. We're at the Hard Rock for the two nights before the cruise so we won't get to meet before hand. Too bad. I'm with Wolfyie 2. What's the green ribbon thing? We'll try to meet on deck 7 on Sunday, but also know how it goes.

I feel like I'm so far behind. I haven't gotten suitcases out yet or anything. I'm just starting to do that panic thing about how much I have to do in how little time! Ugh. I have my own business and so does my husband so between wrapping those up and wrapping up the home things, I'm so overwhelmed I don't know where to start. All I do know is that sometime before 5 am on 1/30 whatever is getting done will be done (and whatever isn't done will have to take care of itself?!?)and we'll be on our way to the airport. Keep your eye on the prize, keep your eye on the prize, keep your eye on the prize! We'll all make it!

I'm hoping by the time I'm on the ship. I'll have unwound to enjoy it all!

Linda here:Pinkbounc

GINA/GOTMOUSE

I got the coolest postage stamp "Austrailia" disney pin last cruise thru the disney store. Funny thing was the same day got a new book for DD4(school assignment ,anyway) "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day" about this boy having, well, a bad day. His refrain after each episode was "I'm moving to Austrailia!":mad:
I thought it was funny.

Are you bringing all of your pins or just the ones you are willing to part with? I like all things halloween & magic and I was just wondering if I should leave those home?

DD4 will be 5 in March and I was wondering if we could get the birthday bucket for her, even though its a little early? There's supposed to be a special birthday pin in th bucket. She likes the pins as well but she is not a good trader ( alot of tearful regret, so she's not allowed to trade).

We'll be at the Raddison but not till almost midnight, so we'll probably go straight to the room and try to meet up sunday.
Found lime green ribbon at I Party.

2 dresses done 3 to go. I better get moving now or they'll never get my sewing done.

Linda:earsgirl:

The lime green ribbon thing has just always been a way for other DIS-ers to spot each other. At the parks, I have it all over my backpack along with my DIS pin from another meet and stuff like that, but for the cruise I only have it tied to the strap of my ever-present beach tote. It's sky blue with white polka dots, so if you see that with a green ribbon, that's me. :)

Pins --
I am bringing my whole bag, but a lot of them I would never part with. I do have some traders though, and I'm bringing some extra of the "USA" Mickey ones because the international crew seem to like those. I'm out of Texas ones, though. :( There are just soooo many pins out there -- I just love to see which ones other people like to collect, and occasionally trade one. :)

-gina-

Hello fellow 2/4 cruisers. Our pc has been in the shop since last Thursday, just got it back late last night. We have been going into serious withdrawal, not being able to keep up with the happenings here on the boards. Soooo excited that we way less than two weeks away. And it sure sounds like our kids will all have a lot of companions.

Looking foward to meeting as many of you as we can on the ship!!

Just reserved our spot on the early shuttle at the radisson. I just read an interesting thread discussing the topic , so I called. They said the earliest shuttle is 1020am.

Felicia 9 Days 19 Hrs 53 Mins 11 Secs

I can't believe I'm in single digits before we leave next Thursday!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I feel like I still have so much to do, although I can't think of any of it when I try to! *LOL*

Has anyone else been checking the 15-day forecast?? The day we sail is supposed to be sunny and gorgeous, but only 61! That's going to make it awful chilly, sitting up on deck to have lunch! And our pool-side meet the night before might be kinda brrrrrr too. :) But when I checked the forecast for Grand Cayman for that week, the highs are going to be near 90! Quite a difference. :)

Felicia, I'm glad you got a spot on the shuttle! You got me panicked, wondering about the Budget shuttle, so I called that location to see if I needed to reserve a spot. Luckily, she said they open at 7am and run shuttles continuously throughout the day. I'm determined to be one of the first in line this time to board. :)

Linda, what is the birthday bucket?? Tyler Dean's birthday is like 2 weeks after we get back... sounds like a neat surprise, whatever it is!

I'm going to post a last-call message in a bit, recapping what we all have planned, in case we have missed any 2/1 cruisers who, somehow (LOL), missed this thread. :)

It is sooooo hard to stay focused here at work... I have the Magic as my wallpaper, and I find myself just staring at it... I'm ready to go NOW!! :) :) :)

-gina-

Gina-
Where did you find a 15 day forecast? I always look at weather.com, but they only have a 10 day forecast. It was 70 degrees today in Orlando, but it is only going to be in the 50s for the next few days. AAAHHH!!!

Gina,
What is the budget shuttle? I was going to use the radisson shuttle and they said the first one is 1020 am ?

Do you all know there is a space shuttle landing scheduled 830am feb 1. I wonder if you can see it from the radisson?

Felicia 9 Days 9 Hrs 44 Mins 30 Secs

Kim -- You can get the 15-day forecast at www.accuweather.com . Just type in "Cape Canaveral, FL" in the box on the left-hand side. I've always gone to them, and they're usually pretty darn accurate! Although I'm hoping they're wrong this time, because the one day we'll have at Epcot is forecast to be yuck. :(

Felicia -- I'm renting a car from Budget at the Orlando airport when we get in next Thursday, and dropping it off at their Cape Canaveral location which is just down the street from the Radisson. They have their own shuttle, and we'll just take that as early as we can get into the DCL terminal.

:)

-gina-

Gina

I think I found the birthday bucket at Dizpins, but I went back to confirm it and couldn't find any reference.:confused:
I'm not real good at surfing the net, but I'm sure I saw it somewhere when I was looking up pins on the computer, there's supposed to be a girl one and a boy one. I'm going to ask the staff when we get on the ship.

DD4 just got snorkle gear this weekend. She and DH are not ones to get there faces wet. She freaked the first time she put the mask on, ripped it off her head and threw it across the pool. DH explained to her that she had to get used to the way it feels so she can see underwater. She is getting there. She took the gear in to school for show & tell and everyone thought it was cool,which is helping.:D

Weather here has been artic to say the least. 70 degrees will seem mighty toasty after single to negative digits we are getting now. Lets all keep happy thoughts of good warm, but not to warm, sunny days firmly planted in our minds and hope the weather picks up our collective happy vibe.

I was watching the weather in all the places we're going all day today at work!! It's -26 degrees wind chill here right now (Minneapolis) . . . YES, THAT IS BELOW ZERO!! We are really looking forward to the 70+ degree weather (above zero) that we'll be in soon!!

Am I the only one who gets stressed out getting ready to go on vacation . . . even if it is as great a vacation as this one? A few days ago I posted about being excited but also wondering if I'd ever get it together. I thought there'd be lots out there like me. I can't possibly be the only one . . . or am I? Ugh.

Like I said in the earlier post, come 1/30, I'll either have it done or not, but I'll be on my way to the airport! Keeping my eye on the prize!

I get trip stress big time. I probably won't sleep well the entire week before take off, and none at all the night before the flight. I'll go thru the packing at least 5 or 6 times just to make sure I don't forget anything. And I always do.:rolleyes:
The last time on vaca I didn't forget anything and then my purse strap broke, so I ended up shopping again anyway. As Rosanna Rosannadana would say "It's always something! Either you forget something or your strap breaks. That reminds me of a little story my father would tell me..."

Anyway, I sew to calm my nerves, that's why the new dresses for DD4, that and it's fun to see her wear something I've made. I used to bring my sewing on all our plane trips but with the new stricter regulations, and entertaining the girl. It's just not possible any more. I always bring a sewing kit and something to work on just for fun.:jester:

Does anyone else have first time snorklers in the family? Any suggestions or helpful tips to get them comfy with it would be great. We've been going to my gyms pool for a start.

Thanks

Only ten more days :bounce: :eek: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter