2/01/03 Western

10 am sunday sounds great. we should all be excited enough. We also decided to play key west by ear and do our own exploring.

We will be stating in wdw 8 nights after the cruise, This year we are trying the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and BCV.

Last year before our March 10, Wonder cruise we stayed at the wilderness lodge , it was stunning. I watched the movies from that trip the other night and the place was magnificant.

During that time of year if the lodge is empty enough you will usually be upgraded. We paid for a standard room but at check in they gave us a view of the pool and lake. (of course, I hinted at check in that my parents were having an anniversery celebration)

Check out this wilderness lodge review that was just posted to disney dollarless website
http://www.disneydollarless.com/resortinfo/WL.shtml

your gonna love it. Felicia

Felicia, thanks for the link that was great!! This will be our 2nd time staying the WLV it is just so beautiful there!! We just keep going back.... :) I haven't been to the Animal Kingdom Lodge yet but here it's wonderful there!! The BCV are really nice....saw them last year when they first opened!! Laurie

That sounds great! I will try to join you guys on Sunday morning since we will be at WDW on Friday night before the cruise! I am going to try to make brunch reservations at Palo for that morning, but I have to wait to see when the character meal is scheduled! So many meals, so little time!

Hey all,
Hope to join you on Sunday at 10. Should be able to make it. We're going to attend the worship serivce at 9:15 and are also hoping to get brunch reservations for that day, but should still be able to get to deck 7. Can't wait. Our TA e-mailed me and will be dropping off our docs tomorrow! Woooohoooo. That always makes it more real.

We'll definitely try to make the Sunday meet!!

Can't believe it's so close now! So much still to do and dying to recieve docs!! Life goes back to normal tomorrow, kids go back to school and Hubby back to work! Time to dig in the kids drawers for those shorts! (Potentially scary experience!) Then of course, digging in my own for a bathing suit! (scarier!)

Gina, you sound like such a stitch!! I really hope to get to meet you!! You've really kept everyone going on this thread! I've had a ball reading all the history! I also am a Yankee Candle freak! We got our first store in the mall last year and my friend and I have to pay homage every time we are there now! :D

OK, where do we get the cheese danish??? :p YUM!

Oh, we're in 8522!

Have a great day everyone!

Lisa!

Originally posted by GotMouse?
Gina, you sound like such a stitch!! I really hope to get to meet you!! You've really kept everyone going on this thread! I've had a ball reading all the history! I also am a Yankee Candle freak! We got our first store in the mall last year and my friend and I have to pay homage every time we are there now! :D

OMG, you're too funny, Lisa!! :) :) I just love that this is the one place I don't get eyes rolled at me all the time. *LOL*

Oooohhh.... Yankee Candle..... I was burning my "coconut bay" one last night (my absolute fave YC scent) and it made me want to be on the cruise even more. I just can't wait. :bounce: :bounce:

Oh, and I always got my cheese danishes by ordering them the night before. I think the box you check is just "assorted danishes" but I think there was always a cheese one in there. Very, very yummy. We vowed to make it out of the stateroom for breakfast a few times this cruise, after hearing people talk about how good it is at the buffet at Topsider's and the sit-down breakfast at Lumiere's.

I forgot to add that I can also be found hovering near pin carts at pin trading times... :) Who else is bringing their pins?? We could also try and set up a mini-trading meet!

Gotta go to work now and make some more money to pay for all this... *grin* Talk to you all soon!

-gina-

I'll be wearing my pins, became a collector during the last cruise. However, I'm not a trader, but surely do want to pick up any of the exclusive pins they'll have available. I just get a kick out of collecting ones that I like or that you can only get at special events. Actaully our dining room host, Lloyd got me started last year. We were on the crusie for my 40th birthday, and I got the birthday pin. Kind of got me hooked.

We're sort of making this cruise a birthday tradition, even though my birthday isn't until 2/9, the western cruise didn't sail that week.

Looking forward to meeting many of you real soon!

All: We hope to join you on Sunday but I don't know our scheudle yet. We bought our own trolley tickets from the website so we can do the loop whenever we want. It was $9 for kids and $20 for adults if you get it on the web.

http://www.historictours.com/keywest/

We have not gotten our docs. We never even got the excursions brochure although the web has all we need. Disney mail seems to be slipping a bit.

Cruisinpenguin:
Laurie, DH, DD (6) and I will also be at WLV the week befopre the cruise. We arrive 1/25. Who is traveling with you? Would you like to get together for a late night mini meet? --Jami :Pinkbounc

Cyberkashi--Jami: that's when we're arriving (1/25) too!! It'll be hubby and I and his parents(no children yet). We are meeting some of our family from Alabama the first 2 days so maybe like Monday, Tuesday night at the hot tub!! It'll be a pre-cruise meet for us!! Looking forward to meeting all of our 2/1 DIS Cruisers!! See you soon....Laurie ;)

I am soooo excited! I got my docs! Almost everyone else we are traveling with had received theirs, so I was getting jealous! I never received the Excursion brochure either...oh well!

Linda here,

I just started to collect pins also. I hit the disney store last weekend and they were having a 50% off sale so I stocked up on pins just to have some to trade. Also got some that aren't being brought just to be sure I don't get tempted to trade them. the only problem is the stores are all out of the laynards, so I bought some Mickey ribbon and made one. It should do for the trip. I've sent away for the Kellogg's Disney Glowin'Laynard and the free pin, but I doubt they will arrive before the trip. Bummer.:(

We haven't gotten or docs. yet. Also bummer.:(

DH didn't spring the trip on me till after halloween so I missed out on all the summer clearence sales.

DD is growing at a rate of about one inch in height every 3-4 months so I didn't stock up on summer clearence cause I wasn't sure what size she'd be summer '03.

Finding a swimsuit for her has been a challenge. Lucked out today at Decathlon an got 2 suits one on clearance.

Hope to meet more dis-cruisers at the SECRET DECK sun 10am.

Linda *O*

Got my Docs today too!!

Could they perhaps be mailing them in the order of the bookings? My parents booked in April and got theirs a few weeks ago, and I booked in July, and I got mine today.

Got DD (7 on thurs) 2 nice tropicalish speedo swimsuits at costco this week. They just got in a load of them.

My mom had luck finding a new swimsuit and coverup at JC Penney.

Im dreading the clothing thing. I will put it of for a week or two, the strores stock up for cruisers by the end of Jan.

My DH wants to do the formalwear rental, but im talking him out of it. If he just buys a nice suit , Maybe we will have to take a few more cruises :smooth:

Hello Western bound of 02/01/03
I wonder how many first timers there are to Key West? this is Shirley and I am an original conch of 4 generations - If you have any questions about Key West, you can email me and I will be more than glad to help in any way I can - remember KW is an adult playground and not much for children to do - Key West at one time was a paradise to grow up in - there is really a lot of history in Key West - the street of Whitehead was known as Caya Hueso (streets of bones due to the pirate days) and the island is still called such by the old timers - My uncle Joe was one of the originals that when KW stood a stand againt the main island and we became the "conch republic" and another nickname is added - there is a nice playground for children at the end of White Street on the Clarence Higgs Beach - the aquarium is super nice for kids - also know that the sunset at Mallory Square is breathtaking - you can swear you hear the water sizzling as the sun does down - you have many acts on the square before the sun goes down - anyhow again if I can help, just drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com
Until then have a wonderful time getting ready for your cruise. Stay safe.
Always
Shirley and Norm

Shirley....thanks for your kind words!!! This will be our 2nd time to Key West. The first time was 2 years ago when the Disney Magic couldn't dock at Castaway. Our captain (Hans at the time) was able to secure a dock for us at Key West!! It was very nice, but we only spent maybe 5 hours there. We are so looking forward to spending more this time in Key West. We're planning on taking the Conch train around and visiting the "Old" Key West.....lots of history to see!! can't wait. Thanks for all you!!! :) Take care, Laurie

Hey all!!

I've got a clothing/weather question.........don't laugh!! Will we need sweats or something like that? I know all you east coast polar bears think anything above 20 is a heat wave this time of year, but I shiver like a chihuahua when it gets below 60!(I said not to laugh!!) Disgusting So-Cal-Gal! I hear Cozumel should be down right hot, but what about other ports? I remember Castaway being a little cool in the AM in May. Anyone know February weather history??

Have a good one!
TTFN
Lis!

Gotmouse?

Hey there. We were on the Eatern Cruise during the second week in February last year. The only port that was a little cooler was the actual port, but we were still in shorts, because truly we are polar bears. Key West might be ify, just check the local weather. I would expect the other ports to be pretty warm. We found Castaway Cay to be very warm last Feb.

You may want sweats for the first night. Layers are always a good idea.

See you there!

You're so awesome, Shirley. :) I'm going to email you with a couple of questions. Thanks for posting to our thread!!

-gina-

Linda here :earsgirl:

YAHOO!!!:Pinkbounc:jester::Pinkbounc

Got our documents today!:)

We're right in the middle of deck 6. With a veranda.:bounce:

We were going to get them yesterday, but missed the delivery guy and found a "try again" note on the front door. Needless to say I wouldn't budge from the house until after I caught the fed-ex guy and got our documents.

OH YEAH! OH YEAH!~~~~(dancing)

Linda:wave:

pjacobi,

Where are you on 6? Nana and Papa are in 6066! We're downstairs.

Kim ºOº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter