• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS...MARDI GRAS-MINIONS-HARRY & MORE...MARCH 2019 TR

Food pictures too please! I have to show everyone (won't give it away) what we ate!

Guess we will have to meet up again sometime to get a photo with Tom too!!

Absolutely!!!! That would be so lovely...….we did the same with Holly and Hank....Tom took pictures and we forgot to ask someone to take one of us altogether......doh!!!

Yep, will send the food ones too...….:thumbsup2

WELCOME along Janice...…..:wave2:

I am so glad you have come out of lurkdom and joined us......and thank you so much for the lovely compliments...….I take them all...….::yes:: :D Oh, yep, I love the airport and everything it has there.....well, on the way out of course.....on the way back, not so much!!!

I can imagine the cold you get where you live......as I`m sure you know I hate the cold.....lol...…

Will be starting tomorrow, so I genuinely hope you enjoy this one too...….look forward to seeing more of your posts...….and Welcome to the Dis too.....:goodvibes

thanks so much!! I am so looking forward it reading!
Yes its still cold here, even though its supposed to be 60.. it feels like its 40. I will be posting more, hoping to do my last family universal trip report even though it was 2 summers ago lol

thanks so much!! I am so looking forward it reading!
Yes its still cold here, even though its supposed to be 60.. it feels like its 40. I will be posting more, hoping to do my last family universal trip report even though it was 2 summers ago lol

I hope you do enjoy it.....:)

Oh I hear you on the temps......we have almost 60F today but it feels warmer strangely.....we are right on the coast and it can feel cooler than they say, so this is nice....when we used to live further up the East Coast it was much cooler, so it`s a bit milder down here.....just a bit....

Oh you should do your trip report......would love to read it......we do love to hear of folks trips......:wave2:

You two always look so happy!! can't say I blame you!
The pizza looks good too! I always wonder how other pizza's are compared to NJ/NY pizza's which is what I am used to having.
And the lounge there is so nice, we once had passes to the United one at Newark Airport, and we were not impressed. We ended paying for "good beer" aka Stella is my all time favorite as opposed to their comp beer. But we did have the comp'd wine.

Looking forward to your Airplane pics too, I have a thing for aviation haha.

You two always look so happy!! can't say I blame you!
The pizza looks good too! I always wonder how other pizza's are compared to NJ/NY pizza's which is what I am used to having.
And the lounge there is so nice, we once had passes to the United one at Newark Airport, and we were not impressed. We ended paying for "good beer" aka Stella is my all time favorite as opposed to their comp beer. But we did have the comp'd wine.

Looking forward to your Airplane pics too, I have a thing for aviation haha.

Lol......our pizzas can be nice......some are even lovely.....but the best pizza I ever had was in NYC (and one in LI) and the only other one that came close to that one was in Naples many years ago.......beautiful and so simple!!

The lounge in the hotel is really lovely. Wine is bog standard plonk........but the liquor and beers are all brand names. Not sure it’s worth it for us to be honest, prices are sky high and we really don’t drink or eat enough of the snacks to make it worth it. It’s just a nice area to sit and relax though.

The airport lounges not so much. We used to use one many years ago, but they reduced the price and it changed a lot....so we stopped doing that.

Yes, I did get some pictures inside the plane again.....::yes:: We do get funny looks at times but who cares........:thumbsup2

Ooooo your trip report has started!!!!! I'll just live vicariously through your trip report. I think that's a great idea to get a car service to take you to the airport. I know when we are on our way home ( even on long weekend trip to see the dd ) we are always exhausted. The dh love to drive...but by the time we get home ( usually it is a 6-7 hr car trip ) we are tired. So I hope you enjoyed the service!

I am trying to talk the dh into flying the 4 of us to the DD house for when we leave for her wedding in Mexico in May. I have a feeling we will be exhausted by the time we fly back from Cancun, then sleep for the night then drive home - a 7 hr drive to get home. And he doesn't realize how exhausted he may be from our Mexican adventure. Guess we will see what I can talk him into in the next couple of weeks.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!!

Ooooo your trip report has started!!!!! I'll just live vicariously through your trip report. I think that's a great idea to get a car service to take you to the airport. I know when we are on our way home ( even on long weekend trip to see the dd ) we are always exhausted. The dh love to drive...but by the time we get home ( usually it is a 6-7 hr car trip ) we are tired. So I hope you enjoyed the service!

I am trying to talk the dh into flying the 4 of us to the DD house for when we leave for her wedding in Mexico in May. I have a feeling we will be exhausted by the time we fly back from Cancun, then sleep for the night then drive home - a 7 hr drive to get home. And he doesn't realize how exhausted he may be from our Mexican adventure. Guess we will see what I can talk him into in the next couple of weeks.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!!

Lol.......hope you enjoy it.......

Yes, the car service was fabulous! Very relaxing and coming home it was brilliant!

I know what you mean, we both love driving but after a flight and with you doing a drive of that length, it’s tough....7 hours is a long drive!

Oh you would do right to fly instead of drive.....yes, that sounds a fabulous but exhausting time.......I vote for you to fly........:D

YAY!! Trip report starting. The fish looks YUMMY. Can't wait for more.

Finally!!! I’m glad to have it started........

The fish was beautiful.......it was almost as good as fish from a local fish and chip shop we have close by.......usually I prefer fish without fuss......but fish and chips has to be battered fish!

Glad you’re still here.........:wave2:

I was going to comment on that fish too! It's dinner time and I haven't started cooking yet - would just rather have that!

I was going to comment on that fish too! It's dinner time and I haven't started cooking yet - would just rather have that!

Lol.......

It was delicious! Nice crisp batter without being greasy........might have it again in May.......lovely!

Enjoy your dinner though, whatever you end up having........:)

SATURDAY MARCH 9TH..…………..TRAVEL DAY

What you don't ever want to deal with!!

So, we slept really well......I fell asleep really quickly, Tom watched the rest of the show/movie that we cannot even remember what it was...….then he put the light off and he also fell asleep.....very unusual for the night before a flight......but we were tired, so a deep sleep was needed and would be appreciated.

Until 1am.

The couple next door...….yes. They were very much awake and active at 1am. Loud enough to wake us up out of a deep sleep...….we got the impression they had plans for a long night ahead...…

So...….Carole being very grumpy and annoyed at being wakened from her slumber decided I`d either go out and knock on their door and be very civil despite the risk of embarrassment on both sides......or bang on the wall and yell we can hear everything, take a pause for the cause...……

I decided on the latter!!! With a little addition I`ll leave out of a family site.....but it was a suggestion we didn't want to hear something they were doing...…..and it worked.

Silence. Complete silence. Tom was howling with laughter....and no I didn't feel guilty.....who wants to hear that!!!

Back into bed, I did wonder if I`d get back to sleep......and I did. Woke up an hour or so later and the place was still quiet as the grave......got up, had a drink of water and looked out the window. Despite it being around 2.30am the main road outside was surprisingly busy. But I did get back into bed and fell asleep again. We had set two alarms and arranged an alarm call from the hotel......we do worry about sleeping late.

I woke up again around 6am and it was still dark, but got up and had a look around....I knew the alarm call was due at 6.30, so switched our ipads alarm off and waited for the call while sitting looking out of the window. Watched some very large planes come in from the other side this morning which amused me for a short time.

Alarm call never transpired. But, we never rely on just one alarm option......nope...…

Tom was still sound asleep and I jumped in the shower and used the very nice products the hotel supplies....they are nice enough but I prefer the ones they used to have many moons ago.....I also use their hairdryer to save me lugging along my own. I do however miss my straighteners......I only bring my American ones, so no straight hair this morning. My hair would look a fright when I got to Orlando.

Now Tom was finally awake and ready to start the day...…

Doesn't take long for him to get ready, the joys of no hair......lol...….(sorry Tom....)

We do a once over of the room and check we haven't left anything, but as it`s only the one night we really don't have that much stuff out....so we ramble our strangely :rolleyes1 heavy suitcases out the door and pass the room where we assume the couple are still sleeping...….and no we didn't deliberately make a noise.....lol....

We could have had breakfast in the Executive Lounge which is included in the cost again, but it`s really too early to eat anything for us. So, into elevators and down to third floor and out into the Skywalk along to T2 for check in. It is quite chilly this morning so I was glad of my cardigan and Tom had his hoodie on.

The Virgin desks are almost in the middle of the terminal, and we head down to the Premium desks and as usual now there is no line waiting so we are straight to the front. The young man checking us in was lovely, he joked with us my case was already at the weight limit for cases and Tom`s was 2kg over......oops!!!! But, in our defence we did have some gifts for folks at the hotel including around 4kg of assorted chocolate bars for the Club Lounge staff. He did say the Virgin staff at the other end were told to be more assertive in sticking to the weight limits so we would be careful when coming home again.....

Once we had checked in and got our boarding cards we headed up through security.

This took moments as they are really quick at getting you through and bags too. No extra check for either of us this morning, but shoes off as usual...….it is hot in this area!!!! My bag is held back and I think what have I left in it...….it was rescanned and then sent through, so he must have just wanted to recheck something.....there wasn't much in it, so I have no clue what he saw, or thought he saw. But, they can recheck me anytime.....always happy to see them being thorough.

Once we have collected our bags we go through airside and now we are ready for a big mug of tea and a roll with bacon......so we stop at our usual place when we fly from this terminal......its a bit like a café but food is good and hot. You can go to places that do full breakfasts and serve alcohol, but to be honest at this time of the morning the smell of beer is a bit off putting…..it`s even too early to have a mimosa!!

We order, pay and go sit down and 5 minutes later we have our tea and a much awaited for breakfast roll with bacon...…...I have taken the top off to see the bacon....

IMG_9659%20%282%29-XL.jpg

I have to say we really enjoyed this one......plenty of bacon and tasty......Tom had bacon and sausage but had started to eat it before I got a picture and no one wants to see food that has been chomped into!! But, we enjoyed it and it was very filling.

Now we wait. We did sit in the café for a while, have another mug of tea, then headed off to the Duty Free area and wander around eyeing up several items of perfume, make up and Tom looks at the rum and watches....we don't buy anything today except some extra water for the plane. They are good at coming round with water, and you can go up anytime and help yourself to drinks, but we still like a bottle beside us.

They were offering samples and tastings of various alcohols......oh my.....it was barely 8am!!! No samples for us....

Once we had our fill of shopping outlets, we go and find where our plane is parked......do planes park??? And we found it easily.....you can`t really miss a 747 Jumbo Jet.....and what a miserable day.....we LOVE leaving the UK on days like this..….when it`s cold like this we can think of sunshine and warmer weather ahead.....hopefully. We are aware it`s still only March and the weather is forecast to be mixed.....still better than here.

We found a couple of seats and parked ourselves at the gate......and again waited...….

The way they load the plane is assistance passengers with wheelchairs and such first, then Upper and Premium.....but again, everyone lines up regardless if they are last on the plane or not.....so it`s a bit of a scrum at times......But we wait until we are called. And really it wouldn't be long.

IMG_9661-XL.jpg

And this was where it got a little odd.

So, they called Premium passengers, so we all moved forward and showed our passports and boarding cards as always......Tom, who had been expecting an extra search did indeed get pulled aside for a hand and clothes swab and bag search...….no big deal......I would go straight on the plane and wait. So, I merrily wandered on with one other couple and didn't really glance behind me.....Tom would be right behind me.....right?????

Cabin Crew always greet you with a lovely smile and we always acknowledge them, so many walk past without even a glance...….I head upstairs to what is affectionately known as The Bubble on the Jumbo......the cabin is smaller and can be quieter depending on your fellow passengers of course......but, we like it.

I say hello the CC upstairs and wander down to our seats that are at the very front of the cabin.....and bring out my camera while the cabin is still quiet...….I like our seats. We had the ones on the opposite side last March and were delighted to get them again this year......no one in front of you, although the Premium seats have excellent leg room, so if you do have passengers in front and recline, you still have loads of room.....

So, I got the camera and took our seats and turned back to take some of the cabin......I have cut the picture a bit as to hide the couple two rows behind us faces. They were a nice couple.

The red seats at the rear of the cabin are economy seats that you can pay extra for upstairs......it used to just be all Premium, but I guess they saw an opportunity to make some more money there......I don't know.....but it is a mix of both.

I do like the extra storage bins you get beside you in this cabin....they hold a lot and ideal to keep a few items beside you and not in the overhead storage bins.

IMG_9662%20%282%29-XL.jpg

IMG_9663%20%283%29-XL.jpg

IMG_9664%20%283%29-XL.jpg

At this point, I`m slowly beginning to notice...….that no one else has come upstairs yet......we knew the flight was full and when they called for Premium seat folks a lot of folks got up.....and where was Tom. I knew from experience that the swabs and checks only take a few moments...….so where was he??

I sat down and made myself comfortable....thinking they usually load the plane as quickly as possible so they can push back from the gate on time to avoid any fines or charges for leaving late.....so this was unusual. I looked out the window and saw the gangway was still there......then looked behind us again and saw no one was yet joining us in the cabin...……

Then one of the pilots came out seemingly in a rush but not running in a terrified manner which was a bit of a relief I have to say...…….and then CC disappeared too...….now I was starting to worry more than a little.....two ground crew men with official looking clip boards appeared with a worried look and chatted to the other pilot and started to shake their heads...……..then they left. Meanwhile CC were handing round the bubbly....I did take my glass and thought well, it can`t be too bad...….but still no other passengers.....then the pilot appeared back up and he did smile at me rather reassuringly, so no disasters hopefully...…..

But......all I could think about was this very famous and very funny scene I`m sure most of us know and love.....if you`re a Friends fan of course...…………

So, now I was incredibly worried......had someone taken ill, had Tom taken ill...….then CC made a small announcement that made my heart sink...….the far left engine was showing a technical fault and although we were perfectly safe on board, no one else was boarding and they may have to remove the offending engine and put it on an inspection bridge to sort out/find out the fault...….there may only have been three of us up here but you could hear the groan from us all!!!! But, all we could do was wait...….at least we knew why the Cabin resembled the Marie Celeste!!!

I looked out again and saw the other Virgin plane leave for Atlanta...…..just to rub salt on the ever growing wound...….so, I sipped my bubbly and waited...…...but you know that stomach churning feeling of worry.....yep, I was thinking the worst. You can`t mess about with engines.

IMG_9665-XL.jpg

After what seemed like an eternal wait which in reality was only around 25 minutes, CC made another announcement that the engine had corrected itself (ok) and no need to remove it for checks...…..and the Captain had given permission for boarding to commence.........Thank Goodness!!!!

A few minutes later passengers began to appear and then I saw Tom and was so relieved!!! I did joke with him if something had happened to him, it would have been quite a lonely flight without him.....:rotfl:

He had only been delayed a few moments with the search and set off to board.....he and others were stopped at the actual door to the plane by the pilot and CC and were only told no one was boarding right now.....no explanation as to why......so now he was worried something had happened to me.....lol...….they had to wait on the gangway although some did go back further where it was slightly warmer......he was stood beside the man who would be behind him on the plane and had a nice chat with him......seemed a nice man.

Then eventually with great relief all round, they were told they could board...……

And it did fill up quickly after that...….CC came back around with the bubbly and she gave me another as mine was all gone....she said I needed it after the worry......lol.....who am I to argue!!!!

Now we could start this trip properly...…..

IMG_9668%20%282%29-XL.jpg

IMG_9671%20%282%29-XL.jpg

Although we weren't quite up in the air yet...…….

We pulled back from the gate around 30 minutes late......not too bad as we usually took off around 30 minutes beyond planned time generally, but we pulled back and just sat.....for an interminable amount of time....or so it seemed......I was quite amused by the fact I could see the reflection of our behemoth of a plane in the mirror on the building.....I`m easily amused at times!!! But, we did seem to sit an awful long time...…..then eventually we moved.

The drive to the actual runway takes around 10 minutes......and we move slowly, and it seemed much slower than usual to the take off runway......when all of a sudden what seemed like a few feet away from the beginning or end of the runway....we came to a sudden stop.

That sinking feeling came back...….would we ever get off the ground today...….the man beside us claimed with much authority he knew they`d have problems with that engine.....the engine should have been checked.....bla bla..…..he liked the sound of his own voice I think. And he was wrong. But, it didn't feel like we were going anywhere quickly today.

Then the pilot made an announcement...…….I did giggle a little mainly with relief it wasn't the engine.....turns out there were some extremely strong cross winds and they wouldn't have enough power to safely take off.....crikey if a jumbo jet can`t take off!!!! Now I do understand the physics of it all, but simply put if we tried to take off we could be flipped over......and no one wants that...….we do however marvel that in 2007 we took off from Orlando in the middle of a tropical storm and it felt like a monsoon.....so this must have been bad if we couldn't even make it to the runway.

So we sit.....again......and around 10 minutes later we move and for the briefest second we stop...…..Only a second later to hear and feel that massive thrusts of those four powerful engines get turned up to full capacity to get this giant bird off the ground.……..now, that feeling is fabulous!!!! If you`ve ever flown on a jumbo jet you know.....there`s no feeling like it...…..the power as we rumble like a sleek panther along the runway you can feel the power and then all of a sudden you are gently swept off the ground and into the air...….then you know there`s nothing you can do about anything......but what a feeling...…

And with the cloud and cross winds and also being at the front of the plane, I have to say the turbulence was a little rough....even for me......but it was fine.....and I did smile at the man who claimed it was the engines panic a little as we were being put through the mill...….lol...…..I looked out the window and marvelled as the land below slowly began to disappear and be replaced by grey cloud until we were above them and we could see the blue skies that were invisible to the population below right now...…..it is so beautiful.

Once we began to level out it did get a bit smoother......the seatbelt sign went off, we tend to keep ours on while we are seated and only remove for a bathroom visit......but many click them open...…

CC are round almost immediately with our first drinks service...….and our little bag of sour cream pretzels....I actually like these a lot, despite not liking actual pretzels...….I opt for white wine as I`ve had bubbly and so does Tom...….they always give you two bottles and you do get a choice of another with the meal too.

IMG_9673%20%282%29-XL.jpg

They also hand out the menu`s for the main meal that will be served soon...…... the food on the way out is usually quite decent, and I know Tom will opt for the lasagne, I think I`ll have the Teriyaki Chicken despite not liking coriander (cilantro) with the rice....I hope it`s not going to be too overpowering.

IMG_9674%20%282%29-XL.jpg

And afternoon tea later sounded good too...….I guessed we`d both opt for the roast beef and horseradish sandwich......not having a particularly sweet tooth, I have to say I liked the sound of the little desserts that would be enjoyed later too.

IMG_9675-XL.jpg

We got our tv screens out and with Virgin you have hundreds of movies to choose from......Tom watched something or other, I watched Bohemian Rhapsody and liked it a lot...….I`m a huge Freddie Mercury and Queen fan...…I did enjoy this movie.

Around half way through, CC served the meal and asked what meal we would like....Tom did choose the lasagne and I opted for the chicken...….we both got another wine and put them in storage space as I didn't think we`d drink them all. We did however drink plenty of water...…you do get a bottle of water too with the meal and again, you only have to ask for more.

IMG_9681%20%282%29-XL.jpg

Tom`s meal with his lasagne……..

IMG_9678%20%282%29-XL.jpg

And I have to say the food was good!!! I didn't even get offered a taste of Tom`s so I knew it was good, but it did have a lot of onions in it...….and I hate green beans so wouldn't have any of them...….my chicken was surprisingly nice.....very tender and the sauce was tasty.....and rice was edible with not too strong a taste of cilantro...…..

I didn't eat the dessert as it had banana in it.....so Tom inherited mine and I got his crackers...….he enjoyed it, but he likes banana.

We drank some wine and enjoyed our meal and continued to sit upright while we watched the movies....usually in economy no one reclines during a day flight, well, most don`t, as there isn't a huge amount of space......but in Premium, most folks do recline even during the day as there is so much space.....

Which leads me to my next incident of the day...…..

After I had watched the movie I noticed Tom had reclined slightly while watching his next movie choice.....he had checked and the man behind had put his tray away so felt it was ok to do so.....that seems to be the rule....once food is out of the way...recline away.

At this point, I decided I was going to try and sleep......the amenity pack has an eye mask as I had forgotten mine and ear plugs if needed...….last year up here I had slept my way across the Atlantic and quite fancied trying to do the same again....if I could.

So, as I turned around to tell the lady behind I was going to partly recline, not fully recline out of consideration to her.....I accidentally put my finger on the recline button as I turned......and at the same time saw sitting on the storage bins to the side of me.....was the sight of her bare feet glaring at me :scared1: :sick:

I was horrified...…..but this all happened in a split second....so I had reclined my seat and saw her feet at the same time......but at the same time she yelled at me and said OY, yes OY...…."lovie" that's my legs you`ve reclined on...you can`t do that...…..she then said she had long legs...….

I was so annoyed...….I had went to apologise for throwing my seat back when I had meant to tell her I was only reclining slightly, then saw her feet......and she was having a pop at me...….unbelievable!! Not a chance I`m accepting that...…

I told her very politely and very succinctly in a very unyielding and impermeable tone, I wasn't her "lovie" and to remove her bare feet from beside my seat and I had no intention or desire to see them again, told her she should move them now, and yes I would be reclining as that was what the seats were designed to do. I did notice she was FULLY reclined on the woman behind her...….

Her husband looked embarrassed and didn't even look up......she didn't say anything else and did put her feet down......but she was obviously very annoyed at being told to do......and also that I had dared to recline on her, I did hear her grumble to her husband for a few seconds, didn't care a jot...…..how disgusting is that......one of the CC spoke to me later and said she had seen her put her feet up and I hadn't noticed, she was going to tell the lady to put them down if I hadn't noticed when I did......even she agreed it was gross!!! Why do people do that.....

So, I did fully recline now…...and very comfortable I was too...……

I wrapped the blanket they give you around me, put my eye mask on and as the cabin was quiet didn't bother with ear plugs.....I don't really like them in my ears and my noise cancelling ones are bulky to sleep with.....the cabin was warm anyway and the lights were dimmed......I had already pulled the shades on the windows to stop the glare from the sun anyway as had everyone else, so it was fairly easy to drop off......the cabin was peaceful and I was asleep instantly. Tom marvels how I can drop off instantly on the plane......well, the wine helps...……::yes::

I fell asleep around less than half way over the Atlantic.....and woke up in Canada...….not bad!!!! And I did feel quite refreshed, if a little stiff as I hadn't moved...…..

By strange coincidence, just after I woke up....the woman behind me got up for the bathroom and rather animatedly moved my seat probably more than needed to get up......well, she probably thought that would annoy me.....lol...….just told me I had got under her skin.....I`ve been told I can do that apparently ::yes:: .....lol.....but I was awake and ready to enjoy the final stages of the flight...….

IMG_9682-XL.jpg

IMG_9684-XL.jpg

Flying over Canada is always a joy to see......it looks so rugged and remote in certain areas.....and very beautiful from this vantage point.....far too cold for me...…we once flew quite high up in Canada to avoid weather and it was some of the most beautiful terrain I`d ever seen. And remote.

IMG_9685-XL.jpg

IMG_9687-XL.jpg

Tom was watching another movie so I started watching something else too.....but got a bit bored with it...so began to watch the second Antman movie...which was funny. At this point we hit turbulence again and the seat belt sign went back on and we got seriously rumbled about for around 15 minutes or so......they did put the seat belt sign off soon but we still rumbled around a little....

I tend to avoid using plane bathrooms for as long as possible.....but I did go and they`re never usually as bad I imagine......you can`t really avoid them during a nine hour flight at some point.

Settling back down it`s lovely being able to see land out of the window at times...….and I flicked through a couple of movies but not getting engrossed in any of them......I gave up and watched the Sky map for the rest of the journey...……

With just over 90 minutes to go, they served afternoon tea......and I thought about giving it a miss, but was glad I did have it.....

The little bread rolls weren't the nicest, so I just picked the meat and filling out and ate a little of the roll.....and didn't eat too much of the desserts as they were incredibly sweet......the lemon one was gorgeous....sweet and zingy at the same time.....I don't like macarons so gave Tom mine, but I did have half of the scone with the clotted cream...….which is gorgeous!!!! Doesn't have the best name as it evokes a few images....but it is lush!!!!

IMG_9689-XL.jpg

Once the tea is cleared we always feel that sense of longing to just get there...….the last hour drags out so long and feels like forever...….and then even longer...…

And everyone is the same......you can feel the anticipation and excitement build even though there are no children up here, I think as adults you can be more excited at times...….

We hit Myrtle Beach and hit some more turbulence, so he headed out to sea a little more and it was fine.....then we turned slightly and headed back in and now we had only around 20 mins or so left...

IMG_9692-XL.jpg

TV screens for Bulkhead seats had to be stowed away now...….so we guessed where we were and then we saw Cape Canaveral...….it was on our side, but it was a little bit away.....although the VAB was clear as crystal....

Now we were close......and those last few minutes are the best of the flight...….seeing the familiar areas around the flight path and then finally seeing MCO and we noticed how clear we could still see the VAB at Cape Canaveral from here......it isn't far at all to go there...…..

We had an excellent landing.....very smooth and a little like how impressive take off is, the brakes are even more so if possible...…..how you stop this thing in a relatively small amount of time!!!!

We drive for what feels like forever and eventually pull into our slot......seatbelt sign off and everyone unbuckles, grateful for the chance to stretch your legs and start collecting your belongings...…it looks beautiful outside!!!

We upstairs are second off after Upper class and we are in no rush....we are right at the front of the plane so will be last off up here......everyone is slowly getting impatient as we aren't moving very quickly....but we are over the moon as the pilot has opened up the cockpit door and we have a look in....one of the pilots tells us it`s fine to come in and have a look......of course the days when you could visit the cockpit during flights are long gone, this was quite a treat in itself...….

The pilots were quite chatty despite filling in paperwork at the same time and encouraged us to have a good look.....I didn't take any pictures as I felt it inappropriate somehow......but it was very interesting and we were glad they allowed us a peek...…

As everyone was moving we thanked the pilots for getting us there safely and one apologised for the turbulence......Tom laughed and said I`d loved it...….he laughed and said so does he...…..:laughing:

Now we made our way downstairs thanking CC on the way and the one who had spoke to me about the lady behind me said I had dealt with it well.....think she may have expected some repercussions......thankfully not.

Now we headed down to Immigration, baggage, car hire and home...…….

Last edited:
You’d think an airport hotel would have better sound insulation :rolleyes1. Weren’t you glad your son wasn’t along?

Bacon eh?o_O Looks delish ::yes:: but more akin to country ham or what they call Canadian bacon here.

Talk about a smart plane...righting itself! Scary stuff there, you handled it very well. There wouldn’t have been enough vino on board to calm me down.

Meant to ask, considering purchasing, have you tried the ANC (active noise cancelling) headphones? I’m usually stuck way back in coach with the majority of kiddos and engine noise.

You’d think an airport hotel would have better sound insulation :rolleyes1. Weren’t you glad your son wasn’t along?

Bacon eh?o_O Looks delish ::yes:: but more akin to country ham or what they call Canadian bacon here.

Talk about a smart plane...righting itself! Scary stuff there, you handled it very well. There wouldn’t have been enough vino on board to calm me down.

Meant to ask, considering purchasing, have you tried the ANC (active noise cancelling) headphones? I’m usually stuck way back in coach with the majority of kiddos and engine noise.

lol....yes!! Although it has happened once with him with us years ago.....he was asleep though.....

Yes, that's our bacon....I prefer it to the US stuff and tried Canadian bacon once.....wasn't as good.....

Oh the plane thing was worrying initially, but I just wanted to take off....convinced myself we really only needed 3 engines anyway as I sat waiting....yes, that would be fine, even two would work.........lol...…

I have noise cancelling headphones not sure what active ones are.....they are good...I usually use them on night flights but they are bulky to sleep with. For movies and general noise avoidance, I like them. They don't fully block out noise, but when you take them off you notice the difference...….you can get much better ones than the ones I have though......

More time to comment today before starting to work....think I'm up to 3 companies within the one Medical Practice now.....
Anyway, I would have had heart failure on the plane, I'm a worrier, reading your description I had pictures of Tom in handcuffs after failing the swab check and many other disastrous scenes playing out while waiting. I love the plane pictures, love watching them fly overhead when the flight pattern moves over our farm in the country. love the food pictures, love getting to the destinations..... but flying itself:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:
Whenever I fly I sit seat belted in, straight up, death grip on the arm rests, jump at every noise of the engines, constantly measure the changes to the distance of the ground, regardless of the length of the flight, even the longest flights. I know I'm one who the flight attendants watch closely, expecting me to go off the deep end:rotfl:, I've seen them glancing at me and have had them ask if I'm okay. Losing engines, landing in wind shear, dangerous turbulence well you might see why. I think the one time with a child kicking the back of my seat all the way from my connecting airport in Dallas to Orlando was just the icing on the cake....

I love Canada, so beautiful but prefer the West Coast, just my choice though.

More time to comment today before starting to work....think I'm up to 3 companies within the one Medical Practice now.....
Anyway, I would have had heart failure on the plane, I'm a worrier, reading your description I had pictures of Tom in handcuffs after failing the swab check and many other disastrous scenes playing out while waiting. I love the plane pictures, love watching them fly overhead when the flight pattern moves over our farm in the country. love the food pictures, love getting to the destinations..... but flying itself:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:
Whenever I fly I sit seat belted in, straight up, death grip on the arm rests, jump at every noise of the engines, constantly measure the changes to the distance of the ground, regardless of the length of the flight, even the longest flights. I know I'm one who the flight attendants watch closely, expecting me to go off the deep end:rotfl:, I've seen them glancing at me and have had them ask if I'm okay. Losing engines, landing in wind shear, dangerous turbulence well you might see why. I think the one time with a child kicking the back of my seat all the way from my connecting airport in Dallas to Orlando was just the icing on the cake....

I love Canada, so beautiful but prefer the West Coast, just my choice though.

Lol.......oh I get it......I really do.....I used to be petrified when flying....but got used to it fairly quickly. My first flight was hilarious.......I was convinced we weren’t going to make it. So ridiculous......

We have had a few hairy flights....one landing in Switzerland, as we landed all we could see were emergency vehicles trundling towards our plane that was aiming for the middle of nowhere.......turns out there was a wing fault. We all heard a loud noise about an hour from landing.......oops! And once in fog our pilot announced it would be a difficult landing......we almost landed on the motorway......we went back up almost at the same angle as RRR.......so funny now......that pilot took some teasing when he walked past us all.......

I love flying though.....

Yes, the West Coast looks and sounds beautiful.......I wouldn’t live anywhere as cold as Canada........

Hope your day passes quickly since you’re working.......:flower3:

I love how the plane maps have little information like where the Titanic sank and the year. I miss the days when the pilots would announce where you were in the country so you could take a peek out the window.

I love how the plane maps have little information like where the Titanic sank and the year. I miss the days when the pilots would announce where you were in the country so you could take a peek out the window.

Yep, I’ve learned a couple of things through the Sky Maps over the years I never knew........

It’s a few years since we flew around Europe, but they always used to tell you which country you were about to fly over........I had a panic once when the pilot announced if everyone went to the left side of the plane you would see the top of a mountain, can’t remember which.......everyone got up to look except me........I was trying to balance the plane out......lol.....I was convinced we’d topple over! Doh!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter