12/25/18+ here now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And...mde and the fp system have been down / glitchy for the last two hours. Have been totally unable to modify or book any new fast passes at any parks. It’s been a tad frustrating.
Same. We left an @2 after trying to modify some things all day with no luck.

Yeah, MDE has been a mess this trip. Was in AK today and couldn’t get anything worthwhile from refreshing. It was either totally down, glitching, or saying all FP distribution was done for the day.

This was our third Christmas in a row at WDW and i think we will take a break after this year. I’m not certain the crowds are worse, but they feel as bad as ever this year. I think the crowd level has reached my personal limit.

:crowded: :eek: :faint: :scared1:

That is THE craziest thing I've seen at Disney in awhile! I can understand a ride being simply AMAZING! What I cannot understand is spending 3 hours of my park time in that line. To each his own, I perfectly get it. For me, my degree of motion sickness prevents me from even attempting this ride. :sad1:
Yeah, MDE has been a mess this trip. Was in AK today and couldn’t get anything worthwhile from refreshing. It was either totally down, glitching, or saying all FP distribution was done for the day.

This was our third Christmas in a row at WDW and i think we will take a break after this year. I’m not certain the crowds are worse, but they feel as bad as ever this year. I think the crowd level has reached my personal limit.

Plus the bigger the crowds the bigger the chance of MDE having issues due to overuse. Negating the one benefit Disney power users have over holiday crowds, the refresh trick.

MDE obviously could benefit from performance testing and remediation of bottlenecks. Database access issues, etc.. IT may be throttling access so that some users are blocked in times of heavy use,

We've been to WDW 5 times during the holidays since 2005. This year was the least crowded of all the trips.

Our plan each on most days was to do rope drop, take a midday break and then go to a different park and use evening FP. For us it worked like a charm.

The highlight was rope drop at AK where we got on FoP and were off 5 minutes BEFORE the official park opening.

No doubt that all the changes coming from 2019 through 2021 suppressed some of this years crowd.

Saw Tom Cruise getting on Big Thunder yesterday evening.

Spent the day at DHS today until about 4pm. Couldn't handle the crowds any longer and the only fast pass available was Muppets. But, we rode RRC, and TT each twice! One trip on Star Tours and had lunch at woody's lunch box. So, not bad considering the crowds.

Wait times were outrageous today! So glad for the fast pass system. I can't believe the number of people waiting in the hot sun for hours to ride anything.

It's been busy and hot. We are going to tour later in tye afternoon until close fir our upcoming days because I can't handle the heat.

I have been waffling back and forth about using my cane or my wheelchair each day. Used my cane at Epcot on Thursday and was exhausted. Used my wheelchair at MK yesterday and had a wonderful time. Was feeling strong today, so I walked at the studios. While I'm exhausted, I'm glad I didn't have me wheels as the walkways were so chaotic it would have been very difficult to get around in the chair.

The peak day for Epcot with the heaviest crowd levels will be 12/31 NYE, this is historically the busiest day of the year for the park but IMHO it is also the funnest with the special NYE entertainment and dance parties around the world! :)

That photo reminds me why the one and only time we went to Disney in December we went early in the month and left before the 18th.

That photo reminds me why the one and only time we went to Disney in December we went early in the month and left before the 18th.

The Holiday commercials always look so inviting. "Aw, lets go to Disney for Christmas sometime." It almost gets me sucked in, then I am reminded of reality with pics like above. No thanks, that does not look Magical. :crowded::sad2:

People love to post crowd photos like that. The reality is, it’s probably a bottleneck of some sort that resolved itself quickly. Yes, it’s crowded this week, but it’s not like that all over the parks.

We were in Toystoryland early Friday evening and it was surprisingly, not crowded at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter