12/25/18+ here now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 371860 For anyone wondering what a 3 hour Flight of Passage standby line looks like... Took this picture today around 12:15. The line wound all around Pandora and over the bridge / walkway along the river towards Africa. I’m glad we had a fastpass!
:crowded: :eek: :faint: :scared1:

That is THE craziest thing I've seen at Disney in awhile! I can understand a ride being simply AMAZING! What I cannot understand is spending 3 hours of my park time in that line. To each his own, I perfectly get it. For me, my degree of motion sickness prevents me from even attempting this ride. :sad1:

We spent Christmas Day in DHS and it was awesome. I originally had no intention of going into the park with my family on 12/25, but terrible weather our first full day in WDW (12/20) convinced us to swap our park day with a resort day. Glad we did. The crowds at DHS were totally manageable and surprisingly everyone was courteous & pleasant. A Cast Member we spoke to told me that the crowds on 12/25 were no different than any other peak season day. We enjoyed Toy Story Land for the first time and rode Slinky Dog Dash at rope drop and again before park closing. We ventured to Disney Springs in the afternoon for a 4:30pm ressie at Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill and it was an awesome experience. DS was extremely crowded though and a little bit unruly the later it got. My parents experienced horrible traffic back to Kidani - usually the 20 min drive was 40 min. A Kidani CM mentioned that her 30 min commute to DS on 12/25 was actually 1.5 hours. For those of you planning for next year, beware! Definitely bus, don't drive your personal cars to the garages. The exits for DS parking were backed up onto the highway. We were lucky we took buses to/from and our buses, although also delayed, had their own dedicated bus lanes & drop-off/pick-up. All in all, a wonderful Christmas. Have fun!

We spent the last two days at MK and couldn’t believe the crowds and the queue lines. This is our first Christmas week. Luckily we know how to play the FP game and have only waited standby for CoP and TTA. Having a great time in spite of the hoards.

:crowded: :eek: :faint: :scared1:

That is THE craziest thing I've seen at Disney in awhile! I can understand a ride being simply AMAZING! What I cannot understand is spending 3 hours of my park time in that line. To each his own, I perfectly get it. For me, my degree of motion sickness prevents me from even attempting this ride. :sad1:

I have been in ride queues where we would have begged for 3 hours' wait. When I got to Escape from Gringotts at USF in July 2014, its opening month, the posted wait time was 300 minutes. Now that was an extended queue setup that meant business. :crazy:

for those who are wondering where everybody is, since the parks are more manageable than expected,I have figured it out. We are at Disney springs, the "world of Disney" store is absolutely packed! worse than any of the parks I've seen.
Yep. My daughter talked me into going to DS to try Homecoming today. I have not been to DS in about 4 years. I just have no desire to go there. It was a mad house after our lunch. We enjoyed ourselves and my daughter got a couple of cupcakes at Sprinkles so she was happy. But it will probably be another 4 years before I go again.
View attachment 371860 For anyone wondering what a 3 hour Flight of Passage standby line looks like... Took this picture today around 12:15. The line wound all around Pandora and over the bridge / walkway along the river towards Africa. I’m glad we had a fastpass!
When we went to use our FOP FP last week on the 18th the wait was 4.5 hours. Line was almost all the way across the bridge to Africa. Crazy. No way I would stand in that line. Love the ride but there are so many other things to do. Sad part of that is we were getting more FPs for Everest and saw several FOP come up during our dinner reservation time.

Lol, it typically looks like that first thing in the morning when I get off the ride .. but the difference is that in the morning the internal queues are still roped off. By the afternoon every interior switchback is open and full.

We were there 12/23-12/26, party of 7. Selected fp’s at 60 days out with headliners in afternoons. By the time we could try for 4th, not much left. Got to do most of what we wanted, but only once. Lots of clueless people standing around gumming up the works. Managing senior mom on a scooter was the most stressful thing!

On Christmas Eve at Ak it was a 7AM EMH. We got there and did FoP, Everest, Safari without any long waits ( max was walking through the FoP line for 5 Minutes), Dinosaur was down so we just walked around a bit before leaving and then going to Epcot later in the day. But, to give you an idea of FoP lines..By 745, ONLY people from resorts are in the park..the line was 120-150 minutes. Once they let the deluge of offsite guests in, the line went through the roof. We actually left the park around 845 and the line was 240 Minutes. I looked at it again when we got back to the resort and it was 300 minutes. It sat at 4-5 hours until well after 2PM. The kicker to this is, I was just playing with refresh and found FPs for FoP at around 1 for 5PM. We went to Epcot without any FPs and got ones for Sorain, Land, Spaceship Earth and then magically a Frozen one popped up. We then managed to grab one for Test Track around 630 before going to dinner.

The deluge likely came from both offsite and onsite folks not willing to get up early enough to arrive before 7 am for an 8 am emm.

It took us about 38 minutes to get on Slinky dog dash. We used our fast passes for tower of terror and toy story mania and honestly just got out. The crowds are pretty heavy, even though the posted waits don't seem too bad. God help us all when Galaxy's edge opens up.

And...mde and the fp system have been down / glitchy for the last two hours. Have been totally unable to modify or book any new fast passes at any parks. It’s been a tad frustrating.

Even if they gave me both a ‘real life’ banshee and an avatar, I wouldn’t wait in a 5 hour line.

Exactly. It was our first time riding it. The preshow freaked out my kids, especially my 6yo, who was so worried about turning into a tall blue alien that she cried and almost didn’t ride. She said she didn’t enjoy it but the rest of us thought it was cool. Definitely not worth a long line, but I wouldn’t wait for any ride for anywhere close to that long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter