09/28/2002 Cruise

Just wanted to say hello to all our fellow cruisers, we had a great time. I think that it is time for us to say goodbye to this thread and post on the 10/11/2003 thread that viking has started for all going on that cruise. If you are not joining us we would still love hearing from you. I will start a thread on the community board for those not joining us next year. We still want to hear from all of our friends old and new. Mike

Hi, Gang--

In case this isn't closed yet--The vet has given the okay for Riker to have surgery on Monday morning, Oct. 14. So--if you have an extra prayer or good thought to spare, please send them our way on Monday. Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes, even if I need to start a new thread.

Karen

Goodbye Everyone!
crying.gif

We had a great time!

Karen, Hope Riker does well with his surgery.
Nancy, Thinking of you.

Thanks to all for a wonderful trip!
Love, Ave, Mark, Mary and Casey

Mike is confusing me! :confused:

Check out his post above for the link he added to take you to your new thread!!!

Hi everyone,

We got home Tuesday in time for me to get together stuff and to to work that night. :( :( :( :( Oh what a reality shock that was! ;) When I got to the nursery we had only two babies and I had called to see if I could be off. :mad: Oh well, I saved one vacation day. Then last night, after sleeping all day so I could work last night (my third night since getting home) the hospital called to say for me to stay at home.

Any way, back to more pleasent stuff. I HAD A BALL ON OUR CRUISE! Thanks to everyone who came on the cruise with us! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc Cathy, Art (Arca) Chrystina, Dennis, and everyone else.

William is a very polite, nice boy and I don't see how he can walk with all those pins on his vest. Elaine, you and your hubby have done a good job with him.

Ave, and Mary, two of the funniest ladies around. What great cruisers you were. What great children you have. What great hubbies you have.

Ellen, I am so glad that Riker is getting his surgery, let us know how he is. Mike and I enjoyed eating lunch with you that day.

Oh gosh, there were so many! Every where we went we ran into "dis family" Cathy those tags you made really made a difference! We were all able to greet shipmates no matter where we were. :D

Wish we could have gone at least to Key West on Sunday but I understand that we were safer staying away from the area that Lili was in and safe is better than sorry any day! We had a grand time in San Juan touring with our driver. Boy, those streets were narrow!

Cathy, Art, I had an wonderful time going over to Titisville to watch the shuttle launch with you. It was a beautiful launch and it amazed me that we were able to see the solid rocket boosters (?) fall off into the ocean. Wasn't that just the most wonderful tea at the Cracker Barrel afterwards. Mike and I got as far as Perry Ga before we had to go to sleep. Hope your trip home is uneventful.

It was nice getting home to see everyone here but I wanna go back! Does anyone have the $599 cruise code? A girl I work with wants to go soon.

Stacey's apartment complex is having a yard sell this morning and I have been asked to go and help with Katie. :D What a hard job that is!;) She looks like she has grown a foot since we have been gone! She has learned to sit up!!!!!!!!!Sorta...Her butt is very round and she wobbles when she sits up. ;)

Take care yall and we'll see you next year at the Cruisetoberfest II! Viking has already started the thread. Michelle said that this thread would stay open for a few days. Yea!
Kathy

Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!I just looked at the bottom of this and saw we have ONLY A YEAR TO GO! Wah hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then we meet new and old friends!

Before the nice people cut our thread ......

We got home late Thursday night and slept in Friday AM ... had to run some errands and get some food in the house. Funny how empty the frig looked when we got home - forgot I cleaned it out before we left!

Then we got a very upsetting call ... seems my boss came home from a managers meeting extremely sick and is now in the hospital with (they think) lesions or cysts on his brain. He can't stop throwing up when he moves his head the slightest bit and they are awaiting more tests before they decide on possible brain surgery. Don't know whre they stayed in St Louis but a lot of the other managers also got sick ... one had legionaires disease and alot of the other had flue symptoms. Some had to have rooms changed due to wet conditions and mold. If you guys can some pixie dust and prayers for his family would be appreciated. He has a wife that is legally blind, a disabled son and his other son in in the military and on the way home from Korea.

For some good news ... AshLee almost wagged her tail off of her butt when she saw us! Now we aren't allowed out of her sight.
Guess you could say she missed us.

Hope Riker makes out ok .... AshLee sends her licks.

We had absolutely the most wonderful time with all you guys. The memories will last a lifetime.....and now to get the film/pictures done up will make it tangible.

I'd get more detailed but right now I'm a little bummed out with the boss's health issues and thoughts that I have to jump in and be in charge of the office for a while.

See you all in the community board when we get locked out of this one.

Cathy & Art

Glad that you made it home safe and sound. Pixie dust headed your bosses way. As a member of the cruisetoberfestII don't forget to post of Eric's thread. I have a cd headed to you with some pictures on it. Oh Mike J left his swim trunks hanging in the shower on the magic. just goes to show that even the younger kids have lapses every now and then:D

You and Art helped make this a special cruise along with everyone else. Glad that we were able to see the shuttle launch. Have to run tell Ashley we said woof. We have our fingers crossed for Riker's surgery on Monday. Mike and Kathy

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to post in this thread before it closes. We had such a good time on the cruise. It will always stay in our memories. I wanted to thank everyone for all the wonderful pins, candy, bubbles, stickers, iron-ons, and the landyards. I thought it was so sweet from all of you. We really felt welcomed and you all were a very nice friendly group to meet. I am sorry I couldn't meet all of you, there were many of us on the ship. It was wonderful & thanks again.:bounce: :smooth:

Hello all,

Back from WDW - trying to deal with the real world - help me. It was really nice meeting those of you that I was able to meet. Sorry I did not get a chance to meet all of you, but thanks for the candy, bubbles, stickers, iron-ons, pins and the landyards.

Hope Riker is doing ok - my Sierra (Austrailian Shepard) was sick in the kennel while we were gone - :( - she is better now - she just likes to guilt mommy.

Mary - my kids did not enjoy the clubs either and I chose not to fight it - so much for time alone.

Take Care - have to finish unpacking and laundry.

We just wanted to say thanks for making this the best cruise ever. We had great dinner and brunch companions and love seeing all the cruisears walking around the ship. If we had not lost a bag it would have been a perfect cruise. They are still looking for it but since it contained all the stuff we bought for presents we think it is lost forever really jut want the film all our cruise film is in there. It was a true pleasure meeting all of you and hope to cruise with some of you again. Thanks Barbara and George:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Time to "Mommy" brag!

My oldest son (Christopher - 22, IUPUI student) ran the Chicago Marathon this past weekend. His longest run to date has been 15 miles and this was his first marathon. He didn't get much training time in due to his work and school commitments but it was a 26.2 course and he ran it in 3 hours, 45 minutes and 16 seconds.

We are all so proud of him and glad to see he is back doing what he loves.

And to Karen and Mary, yes, he's still with "The CQ" - unfortunately!

Love,
Rae

Hi George and Barbara, it was so nice to eat with you both too. We really enjoyed it. Remember the Palo's tale? I felt a little guilty but then I didn't care. ;) I put too big a hole in my chocolate souffle and too much chocolate syrup got in it. (can you believe that?) It was still scrumptous. :D Hope they find your missing suitcase George. Someone lost one last year but it was found.

Hope Riker is doing ok.

Hope your boss is feeling better Cathy.

Rosemary, Mike was grinning like the cat that ate the canary after he talked with you last night. "Same ole Rosemary" he said. He was jumping for joy when he found out how close we were to you and Rich and Art and Cathy.

Congratulations to your son Rae.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Take care everyone else. Kathy

I just wanted to let all of you know that I had a wonderful time on the cruise. My family really enjoyed it and I firmly believe that being there with all of you contributed to that enjoyment. There wasn't a room I walked into where I didn't see at least one familiar face. While I am not super shy (and I am less shy in any Disney environment) I am not super outgoing. Knowing that there were "friends" there waiting for me made me feel good.

Brunch was a blast -- thanks to Mary and Ave for organizing it. Hugs to Michael and Lauren, Dennis and Chrystina, and Mike and Kerri with whom we sat.

We also had wonderful tablemates for dinner each night. Disvaclub92 and her family were a pleasure to dine with. Our children got along great and we learned the four little girls can go to the bathroom at least 4 times during any dinner! LOL

Vonda was a great next door neighbor after we got her to keep quiet (just kidding!) She and her family were wonderful. The daughter's are so sweet!

My family had the same servers as Ave's group! Aron and Miklos were a delight.

It was wonderful to meet the whole DIS group! I'm so tired I can't think anymore! I'll probably write more tomorrow.

And a good time was had by one & all!!!!!

Chrystina and I had a great visit with each other and Y'all

George, Mark, Ave, Maria & kids ~~~ it was a pleasure!!!!

I am back in Alaska and there is NO SNOW and temps in the 50's!
This is nuts!!! Since I left my golf clubs in Bama I was thinking about going fishing this weekend :p

Mark - Have purchased a plane ticket for December so get the boat ready !!! Chrystina will be glad to get rid of me!!!

Health, Happiness & God's Blessings to everyone ...

See ya here & there !!!!

To all my friends from the 9/28 cruise--

Riker had a hard time with his surgery. His heart slowed down too much, so the doctor did one eye and then woke him up. He is still in the emergency hospital as of today (Wednesday)--but we are hopeful that medication will stabilize the problem. I really appreciate all your concerns and prayers. I'll let you know what's happening as soon as I hear.

Karen

There is NO more loyal a friend than our pet. I know that he is getting the best care, Karen - and that you will know when the time comes to say "good-bye". It's never easy to do what is best for our pet when our heart is being torn in half.
Much love,
Rae

Just wanted to say hi to everyone one last time and it was so wonderful to meet all of you. Thanks for all the wonderful little gifts that everyone brought. We enjoyed all our dinner companions (Barb, George, Bill, Elaine, and William) and Brunch with the DIS family. I felt like we were sailing with so many wonderful people and everyone you looked you saw someone you knew. It will always be a wonderful memory for both Norm and I. I hope that we will be able to sail with you again.

Karen-- I hope that Riker condition improves and you can soon have him home again. Please keep us posted.

George-- Hope your luggage turns up. If not I have some pictures of you and Barb that I can send your way or we can have dinner together and I'll bring them all with me and you can pick out the ones you want.

Mary and Ave-- I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the memories. Now if only I knew how to plug that song into the computer.

Nancy and Norm

Mark says "COME ON DOWN!!" I say bring Chrystina with you. We can shop, and you guys can fish. I promise to keep Casey away from your dinner rolls! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter