09/28/2002 Cruise

papa

Cruisetoberfest Veterans and big kids at heart
Well guess that it is time to start a new thread for our upcoming 09/28/2002 Cruise so here goes.

OK...How long will this one get in the next 351 days?????? I am really looking forward to the first few trips the Magic makes on the Western trip. I need details from the Western cruise so I can make plans.

You guys are tooooooo funny!!!!!!!

Relling~ There is LOTS of fun stuff in western side! Watersports/scuba and you can shop and also, in Cozumel you can visit the ruins or water stuff!!!!! In Cozumel you HAVE to go to Carlos & Charlie's!!!!!!
Key West is KEWL b/c you dock right at Duvall St where they have tram/tours and they have neat lil aquarium and also a pirates museum! Have to eat at Jimmy Buffets place and also they have Hard Rock!!!! I can already see GoofyKaren there buying a shirt!! LOL

Mary in grand cayman you can go to the world famous seven mile beach. Go to stingray city and wade among them while feeding them. There is the green sea turtle farm and a rock formation that is called he**. You will be able to send postmarked post cards from there. The shopping centers are right where you are tendered in. There is also an atlantis submarine there that we take up tp about 44 people down to about 100 feet along the coral reef.

Cozumels has a lot of shopping, hard rock cafe, carlos and charlies, snorkeling and a bunch of other stuff.

Good morning, TN Robin, Mary and the other 9/28/02 cruisers. Another day closer to our trip:D

I think some of the 9/29ers are coming too! KellyR (aka Scoopbydoosmommy) and Patty (aka Peagreenid) are thinking of booking. Are Dan and Scott going to change their dates?

LOL!!!

I can't believe you have started the thread for OUR next cruise already!!!!

We'll be there!!!! Can hardly wait!!!

karen

First Disney Cruise 9/29/01!!!

Haven't heard from them yet Mary. Welcome Kelly and hope that Patty gets to go with us.

We're talking about it! I hope we can get everything worked out so we can join all of you!

Of course if we're all on the same cruise, I for one will miss the friendly competition for thread posts.

Hi guys!!!!!! You are right tiiiigergirl, what will we do to pass the time w/o our little posting episodes!!!!!! How have you been tiiiigergirl? Hope everything is going well since you returned home!

Maybe we should go two days early to RAD to have a DIS day before the cruise!! LOL!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lynette, my DW Kathy is recruiting people to go with her to stingray city on grand cayman and feed the stingrays again. Did anyone find the bottle of champange that I left in 7056?;)

papa~ we had cabin 8010! It was FABULOUS!!!!! So, I didn't find the champagne, sorry!!!!!!! :(

Stingrays are OUT for me! Dh would enjoy it though! The 1st time I ever snorkled, (actually at CC in 1999) freaked me out BIGTIME!!!!!!!! When I saw the 1st stingray, I had already turned in my snorkle gear before dh even realized I was out of the water!!!!!!!Something about not being able to step or put your feet down that REALLY freaks me out! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LynettSC, those stingrays don't want to be stepped on that's for sure. But you can and have to walk around in the ocean. But, you keep your feet on the sandy bottom and 'shuffle' your feet to walk. They are as gentle as kittens and their undersides feel as soft as kittens. Their topsides feel like fine sand paper. They look fearsome but really are not. They will come to you and gently suck, or I call it vacuum the food right off your hands. If you have an opportunity to go to a hands on aquarium and touch them when the are little they aren't so scary looking. We watched a diver at Coral World feed the one they have in the aquarium on this last trip and it was so funny to watch cause she was really insistent on her portion and everyone else's. They do not have any teeth and their only defense is that barb on their tail.

Do you want the story about how Sting Ray city came to be? It is interesting...

My sister who is afraid of her own shadow came with me the first time I fed the sting rays and she loved it. We were on the Carnival ship Celebration and it stopped in Tampa to disembark her passengers and to pick up the new ones. We got off the ship and went to the aquarium right across the street and they have a petting pond (?) and that is where my 40-something sister lost her fear of the sting rays. Of course the one she was touching was only 6 inches wide and I think they get to be 3 or 4 feet wide. :D Very graceful in the water. I would not hesitate to let my children feed them. They are truly gentle.

Take care, Kathy, DW Papa

Bumping us back to the front.

Still haven't heard anything from Dan and Scott yet.

Still waiting to hear about excursions for this cruise from disney. Have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel before, but was wondering if dcl would offer some of the same as (gasp) carnival.

Papa~ I am pretty sure ALL the cruiselines offer pretty much the same SE's. We have access to most cruiselines lists, and they all are very similar ... although, sometimes the prices vary!

Off topic, but about prices ~ I was shocked at the prices in the gift shop on DCL this time. I JUST returned from Alaska on Princess in early Sept. I was really surprised that DCL clothing was more than PCL. I noticed about a $20 difference in some of the sweaters/shirts for adults. I think someone else mentioned that tuxes are more on DCL that other cruiselines as well!

Have a great day! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lynette,

So, It was DCL's fault I spent WAY TOO MUCH MONEY in the gift shop. hehehe

Where is the post about the SE's on the Western. I have seen it somewhere, posted by one of this group, but can't remember. Can someone post that stuff again here?

Lynette,

are you the one who said about Carlos n Charlies?

Has anyone ever taken a cruise that takes this same route as the one Disney is proposing? (Lynette, surely you have)

DD and I are watching our cruise video today. What a fun trip!!!karen

Karen we have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel twice before. On carnavel out of new orleans. Haven't been to key west though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter