•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Has anyone ever booked a two bedroom lockoff for a few days, then a one bedroom and had a request granted to keep the one bedroom part from the first stay so you didn't have to move your stuff out? Thinking about bringing guests along but doubt they'll want to stay the entire time we do.

I understand it just may not work with the way rooms are booked out, I'm more curious about if they even allow it. Sort of like a b2b on cruises.

Edited to add: after thinking about it overnight I think we could probably just book a one bedroom and studio, then request them together. Sounds like it would accomplish the same thing.

Last edited:
We have a studio booked and I keep seeing how awful the sofa bed is, which has me worried. Is it as bad as I keep hearing? I was planning on it for my toddler since it's closer to the floor and a bit more closed in than a bed?

Hello :goodvibes we are excited to be considering CCV for an upcoming big family trip :hyper:

Regarding the two categories for 2 bedroom lock-offs (2 bedroom lock-off vs 2 bedroom lock-off with walk-in shower) - if you book 2 bedroom lock-off, does that guarantee that you'll get a bathtub room? Or is there still a chance you'll get the walk-in shower? My understanding is that there are many more rooms with the walk-in shower than with the tub. It made me wonder if they purposely don't call it "2 bedroom lock-off with tub" to allow them to put you in either if all the tub rooms are full.

Thanks in advance! :flower1:

Hello :goodvibes we are excited to be considering CCV for an upcoming big family trip :hyper:

Regarding the two categories for 2 bedroom lock-offs (2 bedroom lock-off vs 2 bedroom lock-off with walk-in shower) - if you book 2 bedroom lock-off, does that guarantee that you'll get a bathtub room? Or is there still a chance you'll get the walk-in shower? My understanding is that there are many more rooms with the walk-in shower than with the tub. It made me wonder if they purposely don't call it "2 bedroom lock-off with tub" to allow them to put you in either if all the tub rooms are full.

Yes. If it does not say with Walk-in Shower it will be a lock-off studio with a tub.

There are eight 2BR lock offs with tub and 7 of them will put you in a unit with the alternate studio layout which is a beautiful room, the best 2BR's IMO. The only room request you want to make is a higher floor.

With CCV only opening in 2017.....when would the next (first) hard refurbishment be? Just curious if we can expect murphy beds to replace the sofa beds at that time.

With CCV only opening in 2017.....when would the next (first) hard refurbishment be? Just curious if we can expect murphy beds to replace the sofa beds at that time.
They installed murphy beds at VGF during the soft goods refurb in 2022, so it's not necessary for them to wait until a resort is scheduled for full hard good refurb. Thus CCV should get the murphy beds during its soft goods refurb, which hopefully will be in 2024 (if all goes well with the resorts ahead of it in line).

https://dvcnews.com/other-resources/site-content/5196-dvc-resort-refurbishment-tracker

Looking at our room request options in MDE and there are two: close to the lobby or close to transportation.

I assume the transportation is the boat launch? So those would be room closer to the end of the wing, close to Geyser Point?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter