•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Copper Creek is in the main lodge building (with the exception of the cabins) as the villas are comprised of converted hotel rooms. Boulder Ridge is in a separate building connected to the lodge by a covered walkway. While CCV is on the side of the lodge closest to BRV, they are still a good 100 to maybe 250 feet apart depending on where you measure it. Here you can see the relationship. So far, it looks like they aren't doing any exterior renovations (unlike VGF).

View attachment 695882
Thanks! I was just at VGF right by the work on Boca Chica so I’m keen to avoid the experience again right away lol. Glad to hear there’s no external work planned and, well, if there’s construction c’est la vie. At least I’m at Disney!

Just got home from our stay in room 2131 - dedicated 2 bedroom. The second floor was helpful (no elevators) but we had more pool noise than I would have preferred. But in general, we had a great first stay as CCV owners!
View attachment 656007View attachment 656008View attachment 656009View attachment 656007View attachment 656008View attachment 656009
@MonaMN thank you! Can you describe a bit more about how you can get out on the 2nd floor?

Are there multiple exits on the courtyard side as well as the boulder ridge side?

@MonaMN thank you! Can you describe a bit more about how you can get out on the 2nd floor?

Are there multiple exits on the courtyard side as well as the boulder ridge side?
There was one door that led outside that was on the way to the lobby - maybe near the elevators? - that led out to the pool side. But there wasn't a door way down on the end of the wing of rooms that we found. It would have been nice to have a shortcut to Geyser Point, but we didn't find one. We didn't find any doors that led to the Boulder Ridge side, but we also didn't really look for one. The only time we went that direction we were in the main lobby... so I don't know if there is a shortcut anywhere. Maybe someone else knows?

It would have been nice to have a shortcut to Geyser Point, but we didn't find one. We didn't find any doors that led to the Boulder Ridge side, but we also didn't really look for one. The only time we went that direction we were in the main lobby... so I don't know if there is a shortcut anywhere. Maybe someone else knows?
To get to Geyser Point from inside CCV, head down the hallway towards Bay Lake. When you reach the dead end (those are Grand Villas), turn right. There is a door that leads to a stairwell. There is an exit door on the second floor. That leads to a set of stairs that will put you between the Boulder Ridge pool and Geyser Point.

You can also take the stairs the first floor, exit the stairwell, then walk straight ahead to get to the Copper Creek pool.

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 10.16.54 PM.png

To get to Geyser Point from inside CCV, head down the hallway towards Bay Lake. When you reach the dead end (those are Grand Villas), turn right. There is a door that leads to a stairwell. There is an exit door on the second floor. That leads to a set of stairs that will put you between the Boulder Ridge pool and Geyser Point.

You can also take the stairs the first floor, exit the stairwell, then walk straight ahead to get to the Copper Creek pool.

View attachment 699814
I love this tip! Can’t wait to try it on my next trip to CCV. Although after a hearty meal at Geyser Point I should probably look for longer walks back to the room rather than easy ones 😄

View attachment 699814

I love this tip! Can’t wait to try it on my next trip to CCV. Although after a hearty meal at Geyser Point I should probably look for longer walks back to the room rather than easy ones 😄

Keep in mind that although you can use the exit on the Boulder Ridge pool side as an EXIT, there is no way to reenter the building from that door.
Also, there is a long staircase of oddly sized steps, so keep an eye on anybody unstable...

Keep in mind that although you can use the exit on the Boulder Ridge pool side as an EXIT, there is no way to reenter the building from that door.
Also, there is a long staircase of oddly sized steps, so keep an eye on anybody unstable...
I thought the same thing but discovered when at CCV in May that if lifted the door handle up instead of the down to open that the door would open to allow entry from the outside.

I never used the door to enter, only to get to the pool or Geyser Point. It was easier to enter on the courtyard side; our room was on the first floor, very close to the entrance.

I learned about the stairs when we took a tour of a cabin. Otherwise, I probably would have missed them.

In 2018 we stayed in a two bedroom villa at Copper Creek and fell in love. The next year we met with a DVC rep for talk about a CCV purchase but the price was higher than we wanted to pay in cash so we held off. This week however we passed ROFR for a CCV resale and I still can't believe it. So excited! We've stayed at WL/CCV many times but to now own there feels so special. Looking forward to future trips!

View attachment 699814

I was going to try and install a secret zipline from our Grand Villa to Geyser Point to make missions to get food quick and easy...... but your approach seems more practical :)

Cant wait for our welcome home trip next Summer.

In 2018 we stayed in a two bedroom villa at Copper Creek and fell in love. The next year we met with a DVC rep for talk about a CCV purchase but the price was higher than we wanted to pay in cash so we held off. This week however we passed ROFR for a CCV resale and I still can't believe it. So excited! We've stayed at WL/CCV many times but to now own there feels so special. Looking forward to future trips!
:welcome:and Congrats! I’ll be happy to add you to the Owners List! What is your use year?

Hello! AKL owners here but lucky enough to get a few days in a CC Studio (walk in shower) at the beginning of October. We were able to get an alternate studio on our May trip (yay!!) but I think those are the rooms with tubs right? We've been on the ground floor before and really liked that, but Touring plans isn't showing any of these studios on ground floor, is that correct? What would be a good room request for Studio with Walk In Shower? Thx!

Hello! AKL owners here but lucky enough to get a few days in a CC Studio (walk in shower) at the beginning of October. We were able to get an alternate studio on our May trip (yay!!) but I think those are the rooms with tubs right? We've been on the ground floor before and really liked that, but Touring plans isn't showing any of these studios on ground floor, is that correct? What would be a good room request for Studio with Walk In Shower? Thx!
You are correct that the Alt studios are tub rooms, and there are no showers rooms on the first floor. Good room request for the shower studios would depend on what you want to look at or how important quiet is to you.

Welcome and congratulations. pooh:

You are correct that the Alt studios are tub rooms, and there are no showers rooms on the first floor. Good room request for the shower studios would depend on what you want to look at or how important quiet is to you.

Thanks for confirming. We do prefer quiet, but enjoy easy access in and out of bldg (which is why we liked the ground floor). Maybe the end of the hallway...that would be easy access to pools/gyser point. Hmmm....

Thanks for confirming. We do prefer quiet, but enjoy easy access in and out of bldg (which is why we liked the ground floor). Maybe the end of the hallway...that would be easy access to pools/gyser point. Hmmm....
We were three rooms from the end of the hall on the ground floor, facing the Cooper Creek pool. The pool noise was not bad at all. It was by far the most convenient location we have ever had. Easy to get to both pools, Geyser Point, boat transportation, Roaring Fork, etc.

Refurbishment Projects Beginning at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Next Week

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will start refurbishment projects next week.

Disney will be refurbishing some guest room balconies at Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge beginning September 26. Guests will see and hear refurbishment work in and around Copper Creek Villas during daytime hours. Refurbishment work is expected to be completed in early November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter