“Starting with Magic” Offer

I think it’s just a way for a new buyer to “rent” points in an easier way but at the same time comparing to the MB program.

It is at a lower level but have to say if I was buying and don’t want or need those points, I’d Probcbly do it for ease.

I just looked at a VGC contract on dvcresalemarket.com that has a “starting with magic” offer of exchanging 2023 points for cash payout of $3,000 for all 250 points.

Yeah, I bet you would be happy to pay someone $12pp for those points…..

Am I missing something with this offer?
Yeahhh that’s a terrible deal that for particular resort. Maybe if it were on like a SSR contract or something then okay.. you’re paying for the convenience but for VGC.. that’s pretty terrible. The only benefit I see to it is it already takes into account broker fees unlike say if you were selling it for 20 dollars per point and then gave up 2-3 dollars per point in fees but even then its a lot more expensive.

I think it’s just a way for a new buyer to “rent” points in an easier way but at the same time comparing to the MB program.

It is at a lower level but have to say if I was buying and don’t want or need those points, I’d Probcbly do it for ease.
I agree with renting them out if you don’t need them to help offset the purchase cost, but VGC @ $12pp?

I agree with renting them out if you don’t need them to help offset the purchase cost, but VGC @ $12pp?

It is low. But again, for me, sometimes convenience is worth it. And I am sure there are others who feel the same way, especially a new buyer who might see that $12/pt reduction over points with it.

The only way that would make sense to me would be if the points were in the last 3-4 months of the UY and I didn't think I could use them (or bank them) anyway. Would be surprised if the broker is buying back with less than 3mo also.

Man, $2000 is a lot to pay for convenience. You’ll still need either to make the reservation for them or transfer the points.

If it is straight up rental, then it doesn’t make this different, and it sounded to me like it was.

I guess I am in the minority because if it is a simple process it could be worth it to me to me if I had to wait a long time to be paid back to take advantage of the home resort booking of these points.

We are already into the 11 month window through Aug 2024…so any rental at VGC in order to charge a high rate is going to see the buyer waiting 6 to 8 months at least to recoup that money.

If it is straight up rental, then it doesn’t make this different, and it sounded to me like it was.

I guess I am in the minority because if it is a simple process it could be worth it to me to me if I had to wait a long time to be paid back to take advantage of the home resort booking of these points.

We are already into the 11 month window through Aug 2024…so any rental at VGC in order to charge a high rate is going to see the buyer waiting 6 to 8 months at least to recoup that money.

DVCrentalstore.com currently offers $19pp if an owner books a confirmed VGC rental and pays the owner 75% of the money upfront and 25% after the renter checks in.

So, $3,652 now + $1,187 at check in.

Same parent company….

DVCrentalstore.com currently offers $19pp if an owner books a confirmed VGC rental and pays the owner 75% of the money upfront and 25% after the renter checks in.

So, $3,652 now + $1,187 at check in.

Same parent company….

I guess I see it as simply an option to offer a new buyer who might find it useful if it reduces the cost at closing or shortly thereafter vs a rental.

And, maybe it’s not going to be something a VGC buyer would choos but someone buying the others will. But they are offfering a standard price..like DVD did wihh the MB.

People will either find it a benefit or they won’t. But, if it were me, even buying VGC, if it meant getting my money sooner and not dealing with a rental, I’d probably do it.

I guess I see it as simply an option to offer a new buyer who might find it useful if it reduces the cost at closing or shortly thereafter vs a rental.
People will either find it a benefit or they won’t. But, if it were me, even buying VGC, if it meant getting my money sooner and not dealing with a rental, I’d probably do it.

It doesn't look like that's the case though (re: reducing cost at closing) and you're still dealing with a rental. From the website, they state: You can exchange your 2023 points for cash back through our team at the DVC Rental Store. This is an easy Rental of points that would need to be completed within 60 days of closing & transfer for a cash payout of up to $1,920 (minimum redemption is 160 points).

So it sounds you have to rent out the points (and perhaps have the rental take place?) through the rental store within 60 days of closing/transfer, which is probably why it's at the lower $12/rate if I'm interpreting that correctly. Since the rental is not a transfer of points and occurs after closing, this promo doesn't make much sense to me. It would make more sense to just rent them out normally through DVCRM or other brokers at a higher rate.

It doesn't look like that's the case though (re: reducing cost at closing) and you're still dealing with a rental. From the website, they state: You can exchange your 2023 points for cash back through our team at the DVC Rental Store. This is an easy Rental of points that would need to be completed within 60 days of closing & transfer for a cash payout of up to $1,920 (minimum redemption is 160 points).

So it sounds you have to rent out the points (and perhaps have the rental take place?) through the rental store within 60 days of closing/transfer, which is probably why it's at the lower $12/rate if I'm interpreting that correctly. Since the rental is not a transfer of points and occurs after closing, this promo doesn't make much sense to me. It would make more sense to just rent them out normally through DVCRM or other brokers at a higher rate.

Then it makes sense why it’s the same rate because VGC home priority is not necessarily going to be used.

Sounds like it’s just an offer to alert buyer to renting then.

Your “moderator” badge is shining much brighter for me after reading this.

Who is the main sponsor of this site again?

🤔

Being a moderator plays no role in my opinions and I would feel the same way if this was being offered by DVC Store, Fidelity or any of the other brokers I have used.

Again, I am simply someone who doesn’t worry or criticize about what businesses choose to offer as specials. It could very well make sense for someone to take advance of this deal and not stress about the extra.

I have indeed rented points for a lower amount and I know pretty much a lot about rental market. Ease was more important.

This may or may not be popular and the great thing is a buyer gets to decide.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter