“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

Tomorrow I'll be taking my "trusty" sewing machine in for service last year my zig-zag stitch was not working so no button holes or serging, these had to be done by hand and took sooo long to complete.

I ordered my Sakura Pigma 1 mm Pens for drafting my patterns. Patterns are made for average Misses and I'm a petite.

I would really like to order a dress form however they are very expensive. The company offered $10 off but I was hoping for 10%. :sad1::sad: so my search continues.

Tomorrow I'll be taking my "trusty" sewing machine in for service last year my zig-zag stitch was not working so no button holes or serging, these had to be done by hand and took sooo long to complete.

I ordered my Sakura Pigma 1 mm Pens for drafting my patterns. Patterns are made for average Misses and I'm a petite.

I would really like to order a dress form however they are very expensive. The company offered $10 off but I was hoping for 10%. :sad1::sad: so my search continues.

Have you seen the tutorials for making your own form? It basically involves a lot of newspaper and masking tape!

Have you seen the tutorials for making your own form? It basically involves a lot of newspaper and masking tape!

Yes I've seen those but I want specific features built in stand that can be lowered, cage for proper hemming, princess seams and more. I sew plenty where these items are a must have and I'm tired of eyeballing it. Thanks for posting your idea and thinking of me! :hug:

Yes I've seen those but I want specific features built in stand that can be lowered, cage for proper hemming, princess seams and more. I sew plenty where these items are a must have and I'm tired of eyeballing it. Thanks for posting your idea and thinking of me! :hug:
Definitely can’t do all of that with newspaper and masking tape! :rotfl2:

How's everyone doing with their costumes? :ssst:

Disney has a few promotions for online shopping: - EXPIRED

40% Off Includes Costumes & Accessories - Code: BONUS40
20% Off for Disney Visa card holders use Code: DRVCSPRING
Free Shipping on $75 use Code: SHIPMAGIC

Disney link:
https://www.shopdisney.com/
party::dancer:party:

Last edited:

Disney has a few promotions for online shopping:

Includes Costumes & Accessories - Code: BONUS40

Disney link:
We aren't sure what we want lol. We decided on pirates for one party. I'm not sure where we will get the things for that. Our other party isn't decided yet. We have Inside Out (Anger & Disgust), Hercules & Hades, Star Wars (Darth Maul, Rey, Chewbacca).

We aren't sure what we want lol. We decided on pirates for one party. I'm not sure where we will get the things for that. Our other party isn't decided yet. We have Inside Out (Anger & Disgust), Hercules & Hades, Star Wars (Darth Maul, Rey, Chewbacca).

You have plenty of time to check out Thrift stores and that's where I'd start. I purchased a two piece wool suit for my husband, it was two sizes too big but I hand washed it. Yep, tag said dry clean only, but I washed it... twice and it shrank perfectly. Then I slit it down on the center seams and used one half for a pattern and made my husband Two-Face costume from Batman! Sweet!

I'm suggesting you have a look see to find inspiration. You might find that perfect accessory or clothing item and you're off with your mind racing!

You have plenty of time to check out Thrift stores and that's where I'd start. I purchased a two piece wool suit for my husband, it was two sizes too big but I hand washed it. Yep, tag said dry clean only, but I washed it... twice and it shrank perfectly. Then I slit it down on the center seams and used one half for a pattern and made my husband Two-Face costume from Batman! Sweet!

I'm suggesting you have a look see to find inspiration. You might find that perfect accessory or clothing item and you're off with your mind racing!
Wow! You're a lot more creative than I am lol

Disney has a few promotions for online shopping:

Includes Costumes & Accessories - Code: BONUS40

Disney link:

I have no idea. When I asked DH, he said he wanted to be Gizmoduck (it's his favorite character), but unless we get a Segway I don't see how that's going to happen. :rotfl:

I have no idea. When I asked DH, he said he wanted to be Gizmoduck (it's his favorite character), but unless we get a Segway I don't see how that's going to happen. :rotfl:

I highly recommend checking out DIY Foam Armor. My husband made a breast plate for our son's costume. DS was Knave of Hearts from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. VERY, VERY easy to make and fun too. DH was a bit apprehensive at first with it being out of his comfort zone so he kept watching the tutorials and the finished product was awesome!

upload_2018-4-10_17-34-13.png

A closer image.

upload_2018-4-10_17-35-36.png

Here's just one tutorial:

Knave of Hearts from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

A closer look...

upload_2018-4-10_17-53-13.png

On the left, I hand sewed red piping to the sleeves and made the hearts on the collar individually. The right photo indicates placement of the red cording.

Here's a picture taken prior to adding the hearts on the collar.

upload_2018-4-10_17-58-3.png

This theme was very fun and the Character interaction was priceless!

Last edited:
Inspiration can come from anywhere including non Disney characters!

Lego Ninjago

I was Nya, Kai’s sister and used McCalls 4369 pattern to make my dress.

DH was Sensei Wu, he had a white karate gi so I purchased the hat and wig that I cut into a beard and mustache for the right length. The staff belonged to my late father who climbed Mt. Fuji with it in his early years while serving in the Marine’s.

DS was Kai, I made his pattern and the yellow fire patch. The foam sword was purchased from the Lego Store.

upload_2018-4-10_18-36-18.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter