“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you aren't asking for my feedback but you should get in line earlier than 4:50 to meet Jack and Sally. I would watch Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire earlier in the day and get in line for Jack and Sally as soon as you get your wristband. We got in line last year at 3:45 and finished meeting them at 5:10 and the line was extremely long when we finished.
Feedback is always welcomed!

It’s good to know I’ll be able to meet them as early as 5pm if I queue as soon as possible. I’ll gladly drop Friendship Faire off the list since I still have three more days to see it. Thank you!

I know you aren't asking for my feedback but you should get in line earlier than 4:50 to meet Jack and Sally. I would watch Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire earlier in the day and get in line for Jack and Sally as soon as you get your wristband. We got in line last year at 3:45 and finished meeting them at 5:10 and the line was extremely long when we finished.
Do they let you in before 4?

They usually let you in around 3:45, but if you have an annual pass you can enter whenever you want and get your wristband inside the park.
I don't have an annual pass so we will be coming in whenever they let us in. Do they usually start the lines for characters right after they let people in? Or do annual passholders get to go in line early?

@FoxC63, thanks for sharing this! Quick way to get to some of our dining reservations!

You're welcome! It's nice to be able to meet characters during the party but if you can meet them elsewhere and in costume I wouldn't hesitate. This will give you more room to enjoy other aspects of the party without the wait.

So after talking to my husband, he's mentioned that he'd like to at least see some of Capt Jack Sparrow's meets--does he meet outside where you could watch/see him while walking by? Does he normally have a long line? (in case DH decides he does want to meet him after all?)

IMO that ADR is costing you time but with keeping it you could meet Captain Jack Sparrow at 6:15 if sold out or 6:30
instead of Tarzan, Jane & Terk and move things a bit:

10:45-11:30 11:15-Parade at Frontierland
11:30-11:50 Tarzan, Jane & Terk
11:50-12am Trick of Treat - Going towards Main Street
12:02-12:20 Headless Horseman Magic Shot

Sound good?

Last edited:
September 30th / Solo

10:40 - Breakfast at 'Ohana
1:00 - Enter Magic Kingdom (AP)
ADD Emporium to scout out loaction of MNSSHP merchandise.
1:00-3:30 - Fastpass for 7D, BTMRR and Pirates, watch Festival of Fantasy by Liberty Tree Tavern

EDITED to change a few things.

3:50 - 4:05 Get wristband at Phillarmagic - Get in line, it was reported last year that these locations handed out Wristbands at 4pm and had lines, so fair warning.
4:10-5:30 - Meet Jack and Sally
5:35-6:00 - dinner at CHH
6:00-6:30 - buy party merch at Emporium, get SotMK card - Lines were long inside the store, merchandise was located in the back, you should check this out during the day prior to the party so you know where to go. ;)
6:30-6:55 - Magic Shots outside MK
7:00 - be at Main street for the official party announcement
7:05-7:30 - Meet Mickey in his Halloween Oufit.
7:30-9:00 - treat or trick, magic shots, see the Cadaver Dans for 10 minutes (8pm), see Madame Carlota for 10 minutes (8:20pm) - Trick or Treat lines will be at their highest wait at 7:00, best to focus on everything else first.
9:10-9:30 - Meet Donald and Goofy - These are separate meets and in different locations. Way too tight. It's one or the other, you will be able to meet Goofy in this time frame but not Donald & Daisy. Please see: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989840"]Post #6[/URL]
9:30-9:45 - get a snack and a drink and a bathroom break because....
9:45-10:35 - HalloWishes (12m) Partners Statue. Stay there TILL THE SECOND PARADE IS OVER
10:45-11:05 - Hocus Pocus (20m)
11:05-11:40 - second Parade (25m)
11:45-12:00 - Treat or Trick - Hit Bonus Locations, please see: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989841"]Post #7[/URL]
12:00 - be at Fantasyland and SLOWLY make your way towards the front of the park. Try to be the last one to leave the park. :laughing:

Your post has been added to the MAIN page. Please do not repost your itinerary. If you make any changes just post a note I know where to find you. Thanks! :thumbsup2

They usually let you in around 3:45, but if you have an annual pass you can enter whenever you want and get your wristband inside the park.

They let the party goers inside the park at 3:45 through the bypass but those inside the park are able to their wristbands at 4pm. This was confirmed many times even those with AP's.

It's important to remember what someone was able to do at their party doesn't necessarily mean everyone will be able to do the same. Last year August party goers were NOT allowed to get their SotMK card at 4pm where as Sept & Oct had no issues whatsoever.

Fair Warning: Advise given on the Itinerary thread is based on a collaboration of information provided by those who posted their experiences and not by a single experience. :flower3:

Last edited:
I don't have an annual pass so we will be coming in whenever they let us in. Do they usually start the lines for characters right after they let people in? Or do annual passholders get to go in line early?

I don't have an annual pass so we will be coming in whenever they let us in. Last year party goers were allowed in at 3:45
Do they usually start the lines for characters right after they let people in? You are allowed to line up or create a line as soon as you have your party wristbands on. Some have reported they were able to save a spot while others in their party went to get their wristbands but MAJORITY have reported CM's told these party goers they could NOT get inline without a wristband.
Or do annual passholders get to go in line early? They can get in early but the Wristband Locations on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989837"]Post #3[/URL] start distributing party wristbands at 4pm. There will be lines and two or three CM's putting them on. Which means those going through the bypass will take lead.

NEWS

Disney Park Blog announces new "Disney After Hours" which may impact your touring plans:
  • Saturday, August 11, from 10 p.m. – 1 a.m.
  • Thursday, August 30, from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.
  • Thursday, September 20, from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.
MNSSHP Dates:
August
17, 24, 28 & 31
September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28 & 30
DPB Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-dates-now-available-for-magic-kingdom-park/

Also Disney announced an Exclusive Toy Story Land MagicBand2 that comes with a vacation booking package that’s only available to residents of the UK and Ireland. The package was created to help celebrate the new Toy Story Land opening in Disney’s Hollywood Studios on June 30th, 2018. You can read more about that here:

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/...gicband-only-available-to-the-uk-and-ireland/

Meeting Winnie the Pooh and the 100 Acre Wood Gang

View attachment 319936

Dressed in their Halloween attire, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet are ready to meet you at 7pm right by the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh attraction. @Cluelyss recommends you line up no later than 6:30pm to see them during their first set. The line does stay long for most of the evening as this group takes frequent breaks. They do not sign autographs instead you will receive a signed card. Photopass photographers are available.

A closer look at their location:

View attachment 319941

Notice the light green umbrella, that's were you'll need to enter for the meet & greet.

NOTE: This post has been added to the "Post #6: Character List - Location, Times Guide & Printable pdf

And if you run out of time during MNSSHP you can also meet them at the Magic Kingdom Crystal Palace Character dining on Main Street U.S.A.

View attachment 320012

Here they will sign autographs, Photopass is not there so you'll have to capture your own photographs.
WDW Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/crystal-palace/

These are the only characters I care about meeting, and I’m very excited!

Get in line, it was reported last year that these locations handed out Wristbands at 4pm and had lines, so fair warning.
Lines were long inside the store, merchandise was located in the back, you should check this out during the day prior to the party so you know where to go. ;)
Trick or Treat lines will be at their highest wait at 7:00, best to focus on everything else first.
These are separate meets and in different locations. Way too tight. It's one or the other, you will be able to meet Goofy in this time frame but not Donald & Daisy.
As far as getting in line, I plan on being right by the Phillarmagic wristband location around 3:30-3:50, even if they only start distribution right at 4pm, I'll be one of the first in line. Even if there's a small line for Jack when I get there, I'll be ok. If I go to the front of the park and get in line outside, I'll be tempted to stop for each and every Magic Shot and photopass opportunity I see (I LOVE taking pictures) and that will delay me even more!

I'm moving things around on my itinerary let me know what you think later!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter