“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know this looks confusing but looking at the WDW map this is the location for Jack & Sally in the RED circle.

View attachment 313686

It does not show the gazebo on the map but it is there. Here's an actual photo previously posted on Post #167

View attachment 313687

Photo of queue
View attachment 316980
Post #157

Thanks again @Cluelyss and @Bex258 for confirming and photos.
Where does the line starts? I mean, the right question should be, to each side does the line turn to? Does it go behind the Christmas shop or towards the castle?

So after talking to my husband, he's mentioned that he'd like to at least see some of Capt Jack Sparrow's meets--does he meet outside where you could watch/see him while walking by? Does he normally have a long line? (in case DH decides he does want to meet him after all?)
Assuming it’s not raining, he meets on the stage across from PotC. You could easily just watch his interactions if you don’t want to wait to meet him. His line can get quite long.

Meeting Captain Jack Sparrow
Argh!!!

upload_2018-5-2_21-43-3.png

Captain Jack Sparrow
starts greeting guests at 7pm and sometimes arrives fashionably late. Because his line does grow I recommend getting there between 6:15 - 6:30 depending on your itinerary and if we're looking at a sold out party. He does leave to take part in the parade but his line stays steady. Capt. Jack is a very wonderful meet, fun and entertaining. He signs autographs and Disney Photopass is available.

Assuming it’s not raining, he meets on the stage across from PotC. You could easily just watch his interactions if you don’t want to wait to meet him. His line can get quite long.

Yes, his Meet & Greet location is across from Pirates of the Caribbean on the stage.

upload_2018-5-2_21-57-57.png
If you miss your chance to see Captain Jack Sparrow during MNSSHP you can see him in action at the Magic Kingdom during "Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial" It is not a meet & greet. However, Captain Jack only selects maybe 4 wannabe scallywags for sword learnin' per Disney.

WDW Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/captain-jack-sparrow-pirate-tutorial/

NOTE: This has been added to: Post #6: Character List - Location, Times Guide & Printable pdf in case yer fergets pirate:

Last edited:

I'm having issues because I saw DAH is now being offered September 20...Super tempted to change our trip dates so that we can go to that.

Is it going to cost you more out of pocket to make this happen or would it be worth your while to do next year? :confused3
You have your flights booked, resort as well and I believe you were planning on buying your party tickets closer to the date? Would the flights be cheaper or will they charge you more just to change dates? And what about your resort? Is there even availability?

Is it going to cost you more out of pocket to make this happen or would it be worth your while to do next year? :confused3
You have your flights booked, resort as well and I believe you were planning on buying your party tickets closer to the date? Would the flights be cheaper or will they charge you more just to change dates? And what about your resort? Is there even availability?
Our flights we can change because we booked with Southwest. They have almost the same price for September 18-25. I did buy Halloween tickets for October 25. Are we able to switch those to a different date? If not, I guess this is all a moot point.

As for resort, we could get free dining or the room only discounts by going in September. I guess it all depends if we are even able to switch our Halloween tickets over.

Our flights we can change because we booked with Southwest. They have almost the same price for September 18-25. I did buy Halloween tickets for October 25. Are we able to switch those to a different date? If not, I guess this is all a moot point.

As for resort, we could get free dining or the room only discounts by going in September. I guess it all depends if we are even able to switch our Halloween tickets over.

I would contact Disney directly. Do NOT use their "online chat" it's utterly useless.

Awesome! I think we'll probably just do that. DH isn't super into meeting the characters himself; he enjoyed watching Gaston do meets on our last trip rather than meeting him himself! :)

IMO that ADR is costing you time but with keeping it you could meet Captain Jack Sparrow at 6:15 if sold out or 6:30
instead of Tarzan, Jane & Terk and move things a bit:

10:45-11:30 11:15-Parade at Frontierland
11:30-11:50 Tarzan, Jane & Terk
11:50-12am Trick of Treat - Going towards Main Street
12:02-12:20 Headless Horseman Magic Shot

Sound good?

Aw, thank you for the adjustment to the itinerary, but I think we'll probably just end up watching him interact with people rather than waiting to meet him. DH has said he'd enjoy that more than meeting him himself. If DH decides that he wants to meet him, we'll hop in line, but I'm not gonna plan on it at the moment. I think we'll keep the itinerary as it is. Thank you though! :)

I still can’t decide lol. I emailed my ta to see if she has any deals for that week in September. She probably hates me because we have changed dates so much.
Something you should consider: if you have any must do ADRs you may not get them as the 180 day mark has already passed and people have booked.

I need to ask a dumb question. What is SotMK? I know there is a card for the party but what is it for?

I need to ask a dumb question. What is SotMK? I know there is a card for the party but what is it for?

Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card = SotMK

It's a game at MK, you're given a pack of cards for free, one per day. Then you take the cards and hold them to specific locations where magic happens, spells are cast and you defend an evil source.

During MNSSHP & MVMCP you're given one exclusive card. These are quite valuable monetarily and can be found on Ebay. Make sure you pick yours up. I added a link on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989838"]Post #4[/URL].

Something you should consider: if you have any must do ADRs you may not get them as the 180 day mark has already passed and people have booked.
Yeah we just decided it wasn't worth all of the trouble to move everything around. I will just hope there is some again in the spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter