“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm looking into my reworking my plans and was wondering if I stayed after the fireworks and watched the 10:45-11:05 Hocus Pocus show as opposed to the 12:00 show, would it be reasonable to think I could make it to Frontierland/Liberty Square in time to see the Headless Horsemen before the 11:15 parade?
Way too tight IMO. The HH actually steps off about 5 minutes before the parade starts so that leaves you 5 minutes to fight the crowds out of the hub and get a spot in Frontierland. It’s unlikely you’ll get a curb spot at the time and he rides by SO fast you’ll miss it if you’re not in position waiting. You *may* be able to catch him as he comes across the bridge from Liberty Square into the hub, depending on where you’re watching HP from?

Way too tight IMO. The HH actually steps off about 5 minutes before the parade starts so that leaves you 5 minutes to fight the crowds out of the hub and get a spot in Frontierland. It’s unlikely you’ll get a curb spot at the time and he rides by SO fast you’ll miss it if you’re not in position waiting. You *may* be able to catch him as he comes across the bridge from Liberty Square into the hub, depending on where you’re watching HP from?

Thanks! I've already decided not to chance it and we're just going to the last show at midnight. I just got to thinking and it's not worth stressing our group out trying to plow 9 people through a mob in order to rush to our next spot. We're going to casually make our way to Frontierland after the fireworks. Do you think we'd have time to squeeze in a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean between the fireworks and 2nd parade if we're on the Adventureland side of the hub? I'm thinking by then it should be a walk-on. It's not a must-do but a like-to-do if time permits.

Just finished reading this whole thread! We are heading to our very first ever MNSSHP this September! I am torn between dates - Sunday Sept 16 and Tuesday Sept 18. I've heard that Tuesdays are *typically* less busy?

• Likely Tuesday Sept 18 (unless you think Sunday Sept 16 is a better date)
  • Myself, Dad, Sister, Brother
  • Arrive between 3:00-3:45pm
  • Haven't determined any timing but this is what we'd like to do:
    • Must Dos:
    • 7 Dwarfs M&G
    • Pooh & Friends M&G
    • Boo-To-You Parade (open to location)
    • Hallowishes
    • Hocus Pocus show (likely later show)
    • Tag Team some treats!
    • A couple trick or treat spots
    • A couple magic shots
    • Only if time allows:
    • M&G: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy
    • Would hop on a few rides if time permits (Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, BTMRR, HM, Pirates)
    • Snag a SotMK card
We plan on going to MK during the morning and then a rest early afternoon at the hotel and get into our costumes before heading to the party and we have a couple other MK days so we are happy spending our time doing party stuff over doing rides/regular MK stuff. We'll likely need to grab a CS dinner sometime. We are still early in our planning process and are very open to suggestions from seasoned veterans!! :)

Hecks yes!!!! (Wait...what exactly will this party be? lol)

Glad to hear it! I put out the notice "Save the Date" to give everyone ample time to mark their calendar and clear their day in order to attend a party. More details will unfold including eligibility, games we'll play and rules. The party starts at 4pm EDT. Ah, what does EDT mean? Eastern Daylight Time. For those still unsure what time this party starts, 4pm Michigan time and dinner time for some.:earboy2:

Glad to hear it! I put out the notice "Save the Date" to give everyone ample time to mark their calendar and clear their day in order to attend a party. More details will unfold including eligibility, games we'll play and rules. The party starts at 4pm EDT. Ah, what does EDT mean? Eastern Daylight Time. For those still unsure what time this party starts, 4pm Michigan time and dinner time for some.:earboy2:
It sounds pretty fun to me! We are in Iowa so I'm assuming that means it will be 4 pm for us. I guess I'm still a little confused about the games and things. How will we do it online?

It sounds pretty fun to me! We are in Iowa so I'm assuming that means it will be 4 pm for us. I guess I'm still a little confused about the games and things. How will we do it online?

I'll post a question and the first person who posts the correct answer wins...

If you look at a map Michigan and Florida are in the same time zone. Better yet the game starts at 4pm WDW time.

Last edited:
I'll post a question and the first person who posts the correct answer wins...

If you look at a map Michigan and Florida are in the same time zone. Better yet the game starts at 4pm WDW time.
Okay so that will be 3 pm for us. I think it sounds fun!

For those of you that have attended a party previously, what is your day like in the morning/early afternoon? Our party is scheduled for Day 4 of a 5-day stay, AND we have Extra Magic Hours in the evening at MK the night before, which I'm sure we'll take advantage of. It feels like a day that we could rest up in the morning, take in a quick swim or the AoA Animation Class in the early afternoon, then take an early dinner at the CR and get ready to go (We're staying at the CR, so it's not a lot of worry about getting back to MK). Do many of you try to tackle the parks in the morning on party days?::MickeyMo

That seems like the smart choice. I on the other hand did rope drop at MK on both my party mornings and had early mornings the next day. :rotfl2:I won't be making it back for another couple of years so I crammed as much as I could in the trip. I managed rope drop to gone midnight without a problem but I can be an early bird and a night owl when I'm doing something fun. (I did nearly fall asleep on the bus back to the hotel though). Although I was up early I didn't fill my day up with too much I mixed up some rides and character meets I wanted to get done, I had a breakfast ADR in CP one morning too so I wasn't walking about all morning either.

I won't be doing it like that in a future, I have a much shorter to do list now, I did sleep well on my night flight home though :faint: :rotfl:

An early dinner or big lunch and snack style dinner is a really good plan.

That seems like the smart choice. I on the other hand did rope drop at MK on both my party mornings and had early mornings the next day. :rotfl2:

So 'hoppy' to see you on the thread! Oh, and the ^ what it is to be young and full of energy, miss those days!

O bummer - I will be working and I cant take off because I will have been off a month for surgery starting June 22. Have a torn ligament in my hand, :(

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your hand and I hope the recovery goes well. And as for the party, well that's no good! I tried to find a time in the middle that was good for everyone. My husband will be talking off work early to help keep score and for moral support as I have never done anything like this before. I'm not sure how long the party will last but I hope you're able to attend. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter