• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of/have experience meeting Minnie and/or Donald and Daisy towards the end of the party? We were contemplating hopping in line for them first thing after meeting Pooh and friends (priority #1!) but now I’m possibly reconsidering waiting til later (possibly during the first parade?) so we can do more trick or treating. Haha. Thank you!!

I booked my FP’s this morning. I have 2 that I’d like to adjust times but the rest are fine. I was going to use my MNSSHP tickets to book 3 FP’s for October 25 but wasn’t allowed. I did bilk AP FP’s for that day but was wondering if anyone else couldn’t book at 60 days out and were staying on sight? If booking using Party tickets is only allowed at the 30 day mark, I may see what’s available at the 30 day mark and cancel the AP FP’s.
If you booked FP on your AP that day, you cant book the party too. Only 3 FP/day to start

Hi there... Desperately seeking advice from the experts out there for a party itinerary for my daughter who is turning 5 on 9/9 and myself 40 on 9/11. It will b myself, daughter, and mother attending party on 9/11! We have attended MVMCP several times, but never Halloween party. I’m slightly overwhelmed and have no idea where to start... HELP!!!

In addition, we will be entering park at 4 and sleeping in late to prep for party that evening. My daughter has no idea we’re going; however, pretty positive she will want to meet Moana, Jack, 7 dwarves. I’m thinking we may do only a few rides since this will b our second time n MK.

I truly appreciate anyone’s help and thank u tremendously n advance:)!
My advice fir conquering the big 3....Line up for Jack and Sally as soon as you enter the park (at 4). Then proceed immediately to the dwarfs. You should be done with both right around 7 o’clock and will not have lost any party time. Plan to line up for Moana after the fireworks for a shortish wait (~30-45 minutes). Have fun!!!

Ok ... here's what I have so far:

Our party is on 9/7 and it is DH, DD2 (who turns 6 two days before the party!) and myself and we are Disney Bounding as Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore

3:00 - 4:00 In the gates, get a bite to eat from Casey's, take a couple of pics on Main Street
4:00 - 4:30 Bypass (wristbands, treat bags, photos, Oogie Boogie necklace)
4:30 - 5:00 Magic Carpets and Swiss Family Treehouse
5:00 - 6:00 Tag Team Moana line
DH and DD2 Pirates of the Caribbean
6:00 - 7:00
7:00 - 7:30 Tom Sawyer Trick-or-Treat and Grave Diggers
7:30 - 8:30 H.M. Butler Broome and Haunted Mansion and Trick-or-Treat
8:30 - 9:00 Trick-or-Treat on our way to Tomorrowland and grab a snack
9:00 - 9:30 Monstrous Scream-o-Ween Ball Dance Party
9:30 - 10:00 Tag Team HalloWishes, HP Show and Boo-to-you Parade
DH and DD2 AstroOrbiter and Space Ranger Spin
10:00 - 11:40 HalloWishes, HP Show and Boo-to-you Parade
11:40 - 12:00 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Not sure how much of this is doable and I also have an empty space for 6-7pm and all of our must do's are scheduled in except Mad Tea Party, but I don't really want to criss-cross the park. The only other thing we want to do is get as many magic shots as possible. What do you think?

Hi and :welcome: to the party! You've got a lot of fun things planned and your costume ideas sound wonderful!

Friday, Sept. 7th / DH, DD2 (who turns 6 two days before the party!) and myself. - A little confused here, your two year old daughter will turn 6 years old?

Why not eat prior to attending? Highly recommend it. Also it would be helpful if you wrote down if you plan on using Park tickets, DCV, AP or party tickets to enter because 3pm is early.

It sounds like you'll be going back and forth here:
3:00-4:00 In the gates, get a bite to eat from Casey's, take a couple of pics on Main Street
4:00-4:30 Bypass (wristbands, treat bags, photos, Oogie Boogie necklace)

You need to get in line much sooner to meet Moana, I recommend:
4:30-6:10 Moana - She meets at 5:45 in the Enchanted Tiki Room. You have one hour.
**Tag Team: DH and DD2 Pirates of the Caribbean - 30 Minutes
**Tag Team: Mom and DD2 Magic Carpets and Swiss Family Treehouse - 30 Minutes
6:15-6:35 Get Snacks or take family photos...
6:40-7:30 Get in line for Tom Sawyer Trick-or-Treat and Grave Diggers - Both start at 7pm
7:30-8:30 H.M. Butler Broome and Haunted Mansion and Trick-or-Treat - You can meet him AFTER his set.
8:30-9:00 Trick-or-Treat on our way to Tomorrowland and grab a snack
9:00-9:30 Monstrous Scream-o-Ween Ball Dance Party - Tomorrowland

Below needs to be broken down and include locations. You also need to stay together when finding a spot for Hallowishes once you find a location then use Tag Team. I recommend you find a spot in this area for easier access to Tomorrowland.

upload_2018-8-26_22-30-3.png

10:15 Hallowishes - Location?
**Tag Team: DH and DD2 AstroOrbiter and Space Ranger Spin

10:45 HP Show
11:15 Parade - Location?
11:40 - 12:00 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Please see: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989837"]Post #3[/URL]

Your itinerary has been added to the Main page.

Hi! We are headed to MNSSHP in October. It will be our first trip so planning the party (and the trip) is a bit overwhelming. Below is what we are thinking, but would love input. Priorities are parade, fireworks, rides, and trick or treating. We only have party tickets for that day and will be spending the earlier part of the day at our resort. Thanks so much for all the great info on this thread!

Oct 18
DH, DW, DS (6), DD (4)

3:30-4:10: Party Entrance, Wristbands
4:20-4:40: Tinkerbell M&G (FP+ 3:30-4:30)
4:45-5:15: Buzz Lightyear (FP+ 4:30-5:30)
5:20-5:45: Tomorrowland Speedway
5:50-6:30: Haunted Mansion
6:30-6:50: Quick Dinner (CHH or Sleepy Hollow or Pecos Bill)
7:00-7:30: BTMRR or Splash; ToT Splash
7:30-8:00: Pirates of the Caribbean
8:00-8:30: ToT (Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Country Bear)
8:30-9:35: Frontierland for Parade
TAG TEAM: DH and kids to snacks/bathroom, 8:50 Frontierland Costume Promenade
9:35-10:30: Fireworks near Casey's
TAG TEAM: DH and kids to meet Tarzan & Jane if line isn’t too long or Magic Shot near Casey’s
10:45-11:45: Fantasyland (Teacups & ToT & Disney Jr Dance Party)
12:00-12:20: Hocus Pocus
12:20-12:30: Headless Horseman Magic Shot on way out

@Kell2005x

Monday, September 3rd / Me, DH, DS(2.5), DD(1), and my parents (passholders)

Pick up your Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Cards. See: Post #4
3:30–4:30 FP+Dumbo / kids & grandparents (get wristband from Philharmagic after)

Not sure why you're using Tag Team so early on, you have no time frame set for the above to enter MK?
(mainly just for my notes.. my parents can go in earlier than us since have annual pass) - It's not a Tag Team if you're parents get in early. It's confusing, so I've eliminated it to keep us ALL on the same page. I'm not the only person reviewing your itinerary, there are many here with excellent advice so please let's use the same verbiage.

???? - Simply add when your Parents are entering the park.
From my understanding, party bands are not being released inside the park prior to 4pm.

3:45-4:10 Bypass - bag, map, etc. / DW and DH
4:15-5:15 Jack and Sally / Grandparents
**Tag Team: 4:15-4:35 Peter Pan FP+3:30–4:30 / DW DH & Kids
5:20-5:40 Haunted Mansion FP+5:10- 6:00 / DW & DH - what about the kids?
Pirates 5:25 – 6pm --- would it be much better for us to do Pirates after 7 for the extra Halloween stuff without fastpass?) - That's their call, do they want to wait until after 7pm?
5:45-6:15 You have 30 minutes, Photopass? (Will they have special Halloween magic shots early or just do castle, etc?) - You have access to all MK Magic Shots period. See: Magic Kingdom Magic Shots Post #2
6:20-7:20 Pooh & Gang - This group meets at 7pm.
**Tag Team: Rides with kids, Snacks - What rides, what snack, you have 40 minutes. Pooh Ride? (Whatever has a short line near Pooh at the time. Maybe Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket if area nearby)
Tea Cups or It's a Small World would be quicker.
7:25–7:45 Cruella roaming in the area
7:50-8:25 Check Lines for Ducks or Minnie Mouse or Disney Jr. Dance Party
8:30-9:35 Parade in Frontierland / 8:50 p.m. Costume Promenade & Parade starts at 9:15
Cadavar Dans 8:30, 9:50 - I'm not sure you'll have time to do this AND the Costume Promenade (Where do Cadavar Dans perform in reference to where the costume promenade will be? Thought if all fairly close could see near our spots for parade) - This info has been not posted that I'm aware of so you'll have to assess this on your own.

9:35-10:30 HalloWishes by Casey's Fireworks at 10:15 - You're kids will most likely be done for the night. Do you think your grandparents can take them back to the resort? If so, this could change things! (Baby girl will pass out in the stroller.. my son has endless energy and can rock on all night lol.. we are staying off property so wouldn’t be able to split up but we could play by ear and if grandparents are pooped and kids are pooped they may go sit somewhere and wait for us) - I'm not here to judge but if it were my kids and my parents I'd call it a night. Moving forward if they choose to stay up late and "people watch" then you & your husband could do the following:

10:35-10:45 Pick up Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card at Main Street Firehouse
10:55-11:15 Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
11:20-11:45 Magic Shots on Main Street & Ride
11:50-12:20 Hocus Pocus Show at midnight
12:30-12:40 Headless Horseman Magic Shot

Let me know what's going to happen after the fireworks. I tried to do some notes and updates in green italics – hope this clears up and answers all of your questions. Thank you so so much for your help with this!

Please avoid using green. :crazy2: Thanks!

Last edited:
9/3 - Our first MNSSHP , Me-Mr. Smee, Hubs-Captain Hook, DD7-Wendy, DD4-Tinkerbell, DS2-Peter Pan

We have a Chef Mickey's brunch ADR for 2:00. We will already be in costume.

3:30-4:15 Arrive, Wristbands at Bypass
4:20-4:40 Tinker Bell FP+ Schedule this for 3:30-4:30
4:40-4:50 Pick up SotMK card at the Main Street Firehouse
4:55-5:20 New FP+ Schedule this for 4:30-5:30
5:25-5:45 New FP+ Schedule this for 5:30-6pm You'll arrive a bit early so stay where the CM directs you.
5:50-6:10 Magic Shot
6:15-6:55 Quick Serve, Sit and eat indoor.
7:00-8:25 Moana - Post #797
Tag Team: You have about an hour. Mom gets 30 minutes & Dad gets 30 minutes but some one must stay to hold your spot. Trick or Treat at Tiki Room, POC...
8:30-9:35 Boo-To-You Parade in Frontierland see: Post #1110
Tag Team: You have 30 minutes, Specialty Snack
9:40-10:30 *Hallowishes
10:35-10:55 Vampire Mickey Mouse
11:00-11:40 Trick or Treat
11:45-12am Magic Shot Headless Horseman
Hocus Pocus show (maybe last show as my kids aren't into it)

FYI, The Tiki Room is no longer a candy stop, it's where Moana meets. Are you all set?

I wasn't going to book the party for our Oct trip. but it's just me and my grandson (6) and he caught a glimpse of a few things...long story short, I'm booked for Oct 11. It's been years since I went, my grandson was 4 months old! So I'm a bit lost in the planning. Main goals are fireworks, parade and really want a great view of the stage for the show. He's a oogie boogie fanatic and I haven't shown him clips so he'll be surprised. So here's the list in order of importance. He has a hopper, I have an AP but we're doing Epcot emh that morning, will have had a late night at the MK for emh the night before so was hoping for an early exit from Epcot by 11am, then some rest time at our resort before the party. Is it insane arriving at 4 when we can enter earlier? We do have FP's starting at 3:30 and last one at 5:30. Plan on eating a qs dinner after the last fp. Staying up late for the little is not an issue. He'll outlast me! I'm trying to keep expectations low as our last party was a huge let down. Between horrible weather and a packed park, I swore I'd never attend another....yet here I am. Help!!!!

Hocus Pocus
Parade
Fireworks
Must rides: POC, Space, SDMT but would like to focus on rides if lines are reasonable.
Trick or Treating/ Magic Shots
I have to have the waffle with ice cream, the rest I'm good without.
Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket is a MUST HAVE
A little shopping for AP merch and a few goodies for the boy of course.
No character meets unless we pass one with little waits. I did 7 Dwarfs at the last Christmas party and I'm done with wasting hours in line!

Hi and :welcome: to the party! Hmm, sounds like you might need to slow things down on the day of the party all that running around is going to cost you and you're going to feel it, especially at the party. I don't get why people go to a different park on the day of their party?

I'm not ready to tackle your itinerary all September parties have priority meanwhile, please read Posts #2 through Post #9 and update your itinerary with times and locations. I look forward to seeing your updates! :-)

Your itinerary has been added to the Main page for easier access. Please do not re post your itinerary. Thanks.

Last edited:
Posting Peeps!

I really appreciate all of you posting on the Itinerary thread where everyone and anyone is welcome but this is not like the Main Halloween thread where you post questions without reading through the [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/"]Table of Contents[/URL] which is on the Main page on Post #1. I created this thread to read like a book, it has a beginning, a middle and an ending complete with photos and tips. Everything that I'm aware of has been posted and updated within those links. It is your responsibility to read them and have an understanding of all that is being offered. Thank you so much for your cooperation. :flower3:

Last edited:
Mickey and Minnie on Main Street, U.S.A., during the party!!! Wait, what?!? It's what I'm reading and not just see posted by the DIS! We need confirmation!!!! :D
View attachment 346398

I have not see anyone post about this on the Main thread. :scratchin

DIS Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-world/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party.htm#
I believe Mickey and Minnie were only out on Main Street for the media event and only ‘media’ (gosh how I use that term loosely here) had access to them. All of us silly mortals who actually pay for a ticket have to go TownSquare Theather for Mickey and Casey Jr. Train water thingy for Minnie. I haven’t seen pictures of Mickey nor Minnie yet from this year so I don’t know if the outfits have changed.

Hi and :welcome: to the party! Hmm, sounds like you might need to slow things down on the day of the party all that running around is going to cost you and you're going to feel it, especially at the party. I don't get why people go to a different park on the day of their party?

I'm not ready to tackle your itinerary all September parties have priority meanwhile, please read Posts #2 through Post #9 and update your itinerary with times and locations. I look forward to seeing your updates! :-)

Your itinerary has been added you to the Main page for easier access. Please do not re post your itinerary. Thanks.

Thanks, I had read the thread, just skimming through but have a much better understanding now. Just reading others schedules has helped me enough to tweak mine, so thanks for the invaluable information. We're doing 2 parks because we're at the Yacht Club so Epcot is a short walk, it's an emh and we plan on knocking out 3 rides and back to the resort by 10am for the rest of the day. We also don't plan on getting to the party all that early. It's a relatively short trip, the party was a last minute add on and we're pretty much adapted to a busy schedule. I appreciate the invaluable information you've provided here! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter