“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2
Myself, Hubby, Daughter (10), Son (6), Daughter (6)

3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance
4:15-4:30 Sorcerer Mickey Card
4:30-4:50 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (fastpass 4:15-5:15)
5:00-6:30 Moana
6:30-7:15 Captain Jack Sparrow
7:25-8:15 Haunted Mansion & Magic Shot
8:25-8:55 8:35 Hocus Pocus
9:00-9:50 9:15 Parade (Main Street - not sure where) -
9:50-10:20 Lots-o-Huggin Bear
10:20-11:20 Seven Dwarves
11:30 Headless Horseman Magic Shot

Also, hoping that we can get one of the specialty desserts (if lines aren't crazy), maybe a little shopping, and a trick or treat station or two (as we pass them).

I had no idea on wait times for some of the characters. I am hoping some will be less during the fireworks. Thanks for any input.

It looks perfect! Easy breezy and a lot of fun. I hope Disney offers the the mentioned Magic Shots and photo props. Remember when you're at WDW be sure to check the Main Page "Table of Contents" for any updates including Magic Shots and Photo Props as seen here:

View attachment 345648

Everything is at your finger tips!

Yay! Thanks for your help--always nice to get the FoxC63 seal of approval :) And thank you for the tip--I'm definitely keeping my eye out for news/updates about the magic shots, and will continue to check :)

Depending on whether the meet and greet crowds for Jack and Sally and Seven Dwarfs hold up until my Party dates, I may concentrate on magic shots (along with the parade at least once over two nights, HP at midnight once or twice and lots of trick or treating 9:30-midnight) if they have relatively short waits (15 minutes maximum). I haven’t read anything about the magic shots near The Haunted Mansion, or the one where a cast member walks around you with a light ( I think it’s around Ariel’s grotto). Can anyone give any information about the magic shots over the first two Parties, particularly the wait times, and whether there would be shorter waits after 9:30 and during the Parade and fireworks.
Tomorrow morning is my FP day for my 6 day trip. I’m not going to attend the Early morning $79 75 minute early access to Toy Story Land on October 29 because we will be attending the MNSSHP on the night before. So, 1 or 2 FP’s for Slinky Dog and one for FOP are the only difficult, must attractions that I’ll try to get.

I know this is a thread for itinerary for MNSSHP but I'm curious what the song playlist is for main street this year? We went to the Aug 24th party and my kids loved several of the songs.

AUGUST party goers:

@dreamit 8/24

@gerryrobinson 8/28

@Sailormoon2 8/28

Are you all set to go? Have any questions that have not been addressed?

We have had to adjust a few things. We no longer will be returning at 345 for a fourth fastpass. Being in the park from rope drop to 1215ish, then spending 90 mins round trip with the Disney bus service doesn't leave much time for afternoon R&R. So we will return for our 510 ADR at The Plaza and pick up the wristbands then.
Also, going to get rid of Buzz, move up POTC and then add BTMRR since it's confirmed open. Am also worried that 30 mins is not enough time for HM with the magic shot there as well. Might have to move that to somewhere before MOANA to make sure that gets done and maybe move BTMRR to after fireworks.

Aug 28
DH, DW, DD, DD

3:45 MK Regular Entrance (We will be there on a day ticket in the morning with an afternoon break)
4:00-5:10 Ride 4th Fastpass from the morning. Pick up wristbands.
5:10-6:00 ADR at The Plaza Restaurant
6:00-7:00 Seven Dwarves Mine Train
7:00-7:30 Space Mountain
7:30-8:00 Buzz Lightyear
8:00-8:30 Pirates of the Caribbean
8:30-9:00 Trick or Treating (Locations: Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Tiki Room, Splash)
9:00-9:45 Moana (Figured 45 mins might be enough time considering Touring Plans rates this night the second least busy and it will be during the first parade)
9:45-10:30 Hallowishes Main Street
10:30-11:00 Haunted Mansion
11:00-11:30 Boo to You Parade in Frontierland
11:30-12:15 Hocus Pocus Show

Final thoughts. Any ride can get dropped except Space Mountain, POC and HM if time gets too tight. Must do's are: the three rides previously mentioned, trick or treating, Moana M&G, Hallowishes, Boo to You, Hocus Pocus. Would love to squeeze in some photos including magic shots as well (considering Single-day photopass)

We have had to adjust a few things. We no longer will be returning at 345 for a fourth fastpass. Being in the park from rope drop to 1215ish, then spending 90 mins round trip with the Disney bus service doesn't leave much time for afternoon R&R. So we will return for our 510 ADR at The Plaza and pick up the wristbands then.
Also, going to get rid of Buzz, move up POTC and then add BTMRR since it's confirmed open. Am also worried that 30 mins is not enough time for HM with the magic shot there as well. Might have to move that to somewhere before MOANA to make sure that gets done and maybe move BTMRR to after fireworks.

I understand, I recommend NOT doing rope drop at all. Wait... what?!? Get your rest and get to the park when you're ready and/or prior to your first FP on your day ticket, move to your second and third and then schedule what you can for a fourth.

I also recommend using Uber via Gift Card. Very easy to use, forget the bus.

I think your plan will still work, you've left plenty of time for everything. Do not base your itinerary on what has taken place at the parties thus far. I'm still here and will be with you until your party is complete. ::yes::

Hi there... Desperately seeking advice from the experts out there for a party itinerary for my daughter who is turning 5 on 9/9 and myself 40 on 9/11. It will b myself, daughter, and mother attending party on 9/11! We have attended MVMCP several times, but never Halloween party. I’m slightly overwhelmed and have no idea where to start... HELP!!!

In addition, we will be entering park at 4 and sleeping in late to prep for party that evening. My daughter has no idea we’re going; however, pretty positive she will want to meet Moana, Jack, 7 dwarves. I’m thinking we may do only a few rides since this will b our second time n MK.

I truly appreciate anyone’s help and thank u tremendously n advance:)!

We will already be in the park on our party day. We will be doing rides in Tomorrowland. Where should we get our wristbands, etc? Bypass or somewhere else? If we go somewhere else, will they have the maps and candy as well? If we go bypass, where can we get in from Tomorrowland? Thanks!

Hi there... Desperately seeking advice from the experts out there for a party itinerary for my daughter who is turning 5 on 9/9 and myself 40 on 9/11. It will b myself, daughter, and mother attending party on 9/11! We have attended MVMCP several times, but never Halloween party. I’m slightly overwhelmed and have no idea where to start... HELP!!!

In addition, we will be entering park at 4 and sleeping in late to prep for party that evening. My daughter has no idea we’re going; however, pretty positive she will want to meet Moana, Jack, 7 dwarves. I’m thinking we may do only a few rides since this will b our second time n MK.

I truly appreciate anyone’s help and thank u tremendously n advance:)!
If you try to meet all 3 you may be in lines for a while. I am sure someone can help you figure it out but Happy early birthday!

We will already be in the park on our party day. We will be doing rides in Tomorrowland. Where should we get our wristbands, etc? Bypass or somewhere else? If we go somewhere else, will they have the maps and candy as well? If we go bypass, where can we get in from Tomorrowland? Thanks!
There is a place in Tomorrowland to pick up wristbands

I booked my FP’s this morning. I have 2 that I’d like to adjust times but the rest are fine. I was going to use my MNSSHP tickets to book 3 FP’s for October 25 but wasn’t allowed. I did bilk AP FP’s for that day but was wondering if anyone else couldn’t book at 60 days out and were staying on sight? If booking using Party tickets is only allowed at the 30 day mark, I may see what’s available at the 30 day mark and cancel the AP FP’s.

I updated my plans now that BTMRR is open and taking into consideration what people are saying about it being a long day getting in at 4 so added a food break.

My big question mark at this point is whether we will be able to get Splash in around our FPs. Crowd levels are supposed to be quite low according to touring plans but I’m not sure if we have enough time without totally risking our PP FP. It’s one of my favourite rides but so is Peter Pan.

I do think we have a pretty aggressive plan but hopefully we can get it in! It’s our only Disney day before moving to the Darkside for a much more relaxed touring style.

3 weeks until my first party! I’ll be flying solo at this one since I’m in FL for a work trip and am just at WDW for the day. I’m planning on being at DS until around 3, and then I’ll take a bus to the Contemporary and walk to MK from there for entry at 4. I have three FP and then I’m planning to wing it for the rest of the evening. I’m not interested in character meet and greets, so I’ll just watch the ride lines and go with the flow. I’ll try to catch the first parade, but if it’s too crowded, I’ll just hang out for the second one. It’s kind of nice not having a plan!

I booked my FP’s this morning. I have 2 that I’d like to adjust times but the rest are fine. I was going to use my MNSSHP tickets to book 3 FP’s for October 25 but wasn’t allowed. I did bilk AP FP’s for that day but was wondering if anyone else couldn’t book at 60 days out and were staying on sight? If booking using Party tickets is only allowed at the 30 day mark, I may see what’s available at the 30 day mark and cancel the AP FP’s.
I logged on at 11:50 and the ability to book the MNSSHP days was available, so I’m good now.

Here is my official(ish) itinerary! Feel free to add it to the list.

Tuesday, Sept. 25 / Who: DH, DS3, DD1, and me

3:30-4:10 Arrive at MK, go through bypass & get wristbands and head to Pooh.
4:15-4:35 Winnie the Pooh FP+ 3:25-4:25
4:45-5:00 Peter Pan FP+ 4:30-5:30
5:10-5:30 Magic Carpets of Aladdin (if we can squeeze it in)
5:45-6:00 Jungle Cruise FP+ 5:30-6
6:00-6:30 Grab food
6:30-7:15 Captain Jack Sparrow
Tag Team: DH gets a cool snack
7:20-7:45 Pirates of the Carribean
7:55-8:20 Haunted Mansion or Tea Cups then quickly hit the scream-o-ween ball
8:30-9:35 Boo-To-You Parade on Main Street - We plan to find a spot early since we have a stroller. We will tag team for trick or treating.
9:40-10:30 Hallowishes on Main Street

We will probably leave after that. But, if the kids are sleeping in the stroller, my DH and I may try to knock out some rides that we want to do. We also really want to do some magic shots, so we need to work those in too.

I think I am going back to the drawing board on our itinerary. After talking to DS3, I think he is interested in meeting Lotso, Stitch, and Pirate Goofy, plus doing Scream-o-ween ball. He may also be interested in checking out the Disney Jr dance party, but that one isn't a must do. We do want to do the first parade and watch the fireworks. Any thoughts on the best way to tackle these? Plus our FP+? (Winnie from 3:30-4:30, Peter Pan from 4:30-5:30 and Jungle Cruise from 5:30-6). It would be nice to hit some other rides too, so that we have some out of the way while lines are (maybe) lower. I'd love to do Haunted Mansion and Mad Tea Party during the party.

Last edited:
I think once you're there you'll know exactly what to do, you're one smart cookie! ::yes::
Haha well thank you. After watching the video that was recently posted I’m pretty sure we will be doing jack and Sally during the second party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter