“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: That celebration kit is more than I'm paying to stay on property for one night! Yikes!
I know it’s nutty. It was way less when we did it years ago. Still — some will want to splurge.

I can just say that the whole family LOVED it and we kept it up the whole trip. There was a scavenger hunt with messages written in ink only revealed by the black light flashlights they left, a really nice hanging door decoration that we take out every year and display, embroidered Halloween pillowcase, a bunch of spider webs and other decorations, treats of course, and a lot of surprises. I don’t know if they’ve changed it, but this is what is was like when we did it.

I never would have thought to look for a strategy thread like this under "Doing the happy dance!"... a part of the boards I never go to. Confused on where to find some things these days.

I splurged one year and surprised the kids (and DH!) with Halloween decorations from Disney Floral and Gifts. It wasn't cheap, but I just looked it up and the price has gone way up! In case anyone thinks this splurge would be worth it to them: http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandg...ularcelebrationkit.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

My husband is laughing at me because I literally have a suitcase with nothing but the Halloween decorations I use in the window in our room. It's great this year because Michael's has the Hocus Pocus theme. I just got a cute small pumpkin that says It's All Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus! I have a plug in Mickey Vampire Head, window clings, etc. We fly in late on our first night...I will unpack and decorate!!!

My husband is laughing at me because I literally have a suitcase with nothing but the Halloween decorations I use in the window in our room. It's great this year because Michael's has the Hocus Pocus theme. I just got a cute small pumpkin that says It's All Just a Bunch of Hocus Pocus! I have a plug in Mickey Vampire Head, window clings, etc. We fly in late on our first night...I will unpack and decorate!!!
That sounds awesome!! And it is an EXCELLENT use of a whole suitcase! :hmghost:

So I have an observation that may affect some itineraries. It seems with the DVC early entry, its affecting the lines for the early characters (Jack/Sally, Moana). People are lining up at 3:30 and people are already in line. Also with higher crowd levels, there are more people in lines for everything. May need to add more time to some of the activities in our itineraries. I think my decision to go to a second party will help me - planning to just do characters and a few of the magic shots so I can enjoy the other one for other things

Just wanted to let you know I updated my itinerary. We decided to use a day ticket and come early to have lunch at Crystal Palace since we are Disney Bounding as Pooh (DS7), Tigger (DH), Eyeore (DD13), and Piglet (me-I got stuck with Piglet!)

So I have an observation that may affect some itineraries. It seems with the DVC early entry, its affecting the lines for the early characters (Jack/Sally, Moana). People are lining up at 3:30 and people are already in line. Also with higher crowd levels, there are more people in lines for everything. May need to add more time to some of the activities in our itineraries. I think my decision to go to a second party will help me - planning to just do characters and a few of the magic shots so I can enjoy the other one for other things
I’m really getting to be on the fence about jack and Sally. I thought getting in line at 4 would be a long wait but now people are getting in line at 3:30 and still aren’t even the first people in line. If we do decide to meet them, we’ll have to do it during our second party since we will have a day ticket that day.

Anyone have a favorite spot for their face painting? Our first MNSSHP we stumbled on a little spot in Tomorrowland and got our faces painted. (My pic <---- is what I got). We want to paint our faces again this year. Should we go to the Disney Springs kiosk the morning before our MNSSHP or just go to one in MK?

Yes, you can shop between 6 and 7. Big Top Souvenirs usually has a good selection and you could loop through Fantasyland to hit it when walking from JC to Tomorrowland. Or the Emporium, but since it’s so close to the entrance, it tends to be mobbed.

Plan to grab your parade spot at 10:30 and you’ll be fine.

Thank you @Cluelyss . We may stop by the Emporium, but probably only if we can't find what we want at another location. Or hunt down another specialty treat (DH wants the Oogie Boogie Meringue too).

Probably my biggest concern, other than what is doable before 7pm, is getting stuck somewhere because of the first parade. Timing will be everything. :-)

Yep, I made this point early on but we always have these nay sayers - are you kidding me, how could this decision NOT affect the lines! Geez, red flags were a waving it was so obvious. :rolleyes1

I’m really getting to be on the fence about jack and Sally. I thought getting in line at 4 would be a long wait but now people are getting in line at 3:30 and still aren’t even the first people in line. If we do decide to meet them, we’ll have to do it during our second party since we will have a day ticket that day.
Smart move but watch the crowd level on your second party, it could be higher then your first party! You get me right?

Just wanted to let you know I updated my itinerary. We decided to use a day ticket and come early to have lunch at Crystal Palace since we are Disney Bounding as Pooh (DS7), Tigger (DH), Eyeore (DD13), and Piglet (me-I got stuck with Piglet!)

We are Disney Bounding as Tigger (DH), Eeyore (me) and Piglet (DD2)! Gonna be so much fun! Are you going to post pics on the roll call thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter