“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, Sept. 3rd / Me-Mr. Smee, Hubs-Captain Hook, DD7-Wendy, DD4-Tinkerbell, DS2-Peter Pan

We have a Chef Mickey's brunch ADR for 2:00. We will already be in costume.
Monday, Sept. 3rd / Me-Mr. Smee, DH, DD7, DD4, DS2

3:30-4:15 Arrive, Wristbands at Bypass
4:20-4:40 Tinker Bell FP+ Schedule this for 3:30-4:30
4:40-4:50 Pick up SotMK card at the Main Street Firehouse
4:55-5:20 New FP+ Schedule this for 4:30-5:30
5:25-5:45 New FP+ Schedule this for 5:30-6pm You'll arrive a bit early so stay where the CM directs you.
5:50-6:10 Magic Shot
6:15-6:55 Quick Serve, Sit and eat indoor.
7:00-8:25 Moana - Post #797
Tag Team: You have about an hour. Mom gets 30 minutes & Dad gets 30 minutes but some one must stay to hold your spot. Trick or Treat at Tiki Room, POC...
8:30-9:35 Boo-To-You Parade in Frontierland see: Post #1110
Tag Team: You have 30 minutes, Specialty Snack
9:40-10:30 *Hallowishes
10:35-10:55 Vampire Mickey Mouse
11:00-11:40 Trick or Treat
11:45-12am Magic Shot Headless Horseman
Hocus Pocus show (maybe last show as my kids aren't into it)

Have you done this yet?
5:25-5:45 New FP+ Schedule this for 5:30-6pm You'll arrive a bit early so stay where the CM directs you.

You asked: Since the Disney Junior dance party is from 7-10, when should we go?
Based on this itinerary, you could do this during Moana. Remember, someone has to stay there to hold your spot. Maybe you could go there for 30 minutes and when you get back your husband can take the kids Trick or Treating.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information cannot wait to get it

I’ll be attending on the 17th and plan to arrive at mk st 3:30 then head over to js is that an okay plan oh and I heard that they give out autograph cards instead of signing is this true please help

How do you get fp on the days for mnsshp

I’ll be there too I’m trying to figure it out as well since it’s my first time thank you fir the tip

What do you mean by the hh ghosts can you meet them ?

Does he just do photo or furs he sign as well ?

Where can I get this done ?

Thanks for the tip

Does hp show happen at 12 I thought the party ends at this time?

I see you @michele zenga! I also saw all the likes and what I noticed was how quickly they all came in. ;) I think you should slow down and start reading each post on the MAIN page, starting with:

Post #2: Itinerary Guidelines for Creating & Posting

When your done move onto Post #3 through Post #8. It's going to take you time but at least you'll know how to plan your party. All the information are in these posts. :flower3:

If you're not interested in creating an itinerary then move onto Post #3 :-)

Monday, Sept. 3rd / Me-Mr. Smee, DH, DD7, DD4, DS2

3:30-4:15 Arrive, Wristbands at Bypass
4:20-4:40 Tinker Bell FP+ Schedule this for 3:30-4:30
4:40-4:50 Pick up SotMK card at the Main Street Firehouse
5:50-6:10 Magic Shot
6:15-6:55 Quick Serve, Sit and eat indoor.
7:00-8:25 Moana - Post #797
Tag Team: You have about an hour. Mom gets 30 minutes & Dad gets 30 minutes but some one must stay to hold your spot. Trick or Treat at Tiki Room, POC...
8:30-9:35 Boo-To-You Parade in Frontierland see: Post #1110
Tag Team: You have 30 minutes, Specialty Snack
9:40-10:30 *Hallowishes
10:35-10:55 Vampire Mickey Mouse
11:00-11:40 Trick or Treat
11:45-12am Magic Shot Headless Horseman
Hocus Pocus show (maybe last show as my kids aren't into it)

Have you done this yet?

You asked: Since the Disney Junior dance party is from 7-10, when should we go?
Based on this itinerary, you could do this during Moana. Remember, someone has to stay there to hold your spot. Maybe you could go there for 30 minutes and when you get back your husband can take the kids Trick or Treating.

LOVE THIS! Thank you! I have those times for 4:30-5:30 Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise for 5:30-6:00.

Should we do Headless Horseman magic shot after the last Hocus Pocus show? Will it still be available to do ? I would love to be one of the last ones leaving to get that 'empty' shot I always see people posting!

NEW - sorta

Hocus Pocus Funko Pops!

Sarah / Winifred / Mary Sanderson $12.99 each or $36.99 for a three- pack.

upload_2018-8-7_14-36-47.png

To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of “Hocus Pocus”, Disney and Funko Pops will be releasing new figures for the Sanderson Sisters. The Sanderson Sisters Funko Pops can only be purchased exclusively through Spirit Halloween. Each Sanderson Sister will come individually or you can get the special three-pack for those that must have all three of them together!

This has been added to Post #4: Sorcerer of The Magic Kingdom Card & Merchandise
Under "2018 Non Exclusive Halloween Merchandise"

LOVE THIS! Thank you! I have those times for 4:30-5:30 Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise for 5:30-6:00.

Should we do Headless Horseman magic shot after the last Hocus Pocus show? Will it still be available to do ? I would love to be one of the last ones leaving to get that 'empty' shot I always see people posting!

Add those FP's to your itinerary. That way we can see how your plan flows. If there's an issue it will be revealed.
Yes. We have confirmed reports from 2017 that this particular Magic Shot was still available after Hocus Pocus. So be sure you're not tied into the crowd while watching the show. A line will form for the Headless Horseman. ;)

Aug 17th
2 Adults & 3 Kids (DW, DH, DS = 10, DD = 12 & DD = 7)
3:15 Arrive at MK
3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance & Receive Wristband
4:15-5:40 Jack Skellington & Sally
Tag Team: Send CZ to pick up snacks or early dinner
5:40-7:00 Moana
7:00-7:30 Genie or Jafar
7:30-8:15 Jack Sparrow
8:15-8:45 Pirates Of the Caribbean Ride
8:45-9:15 Tarzan, Jane & Terk
9:15-10.00 Haunted Mansion Ride & Photos
10:00-10:45 Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show (Maybe Catch the Later Show)
10:45-11:30 Boo-To-You Parade (Main Street)
Tag Team: Send MZ to pick up snacks
11:30-12:00 Meet Other Character (Queen Of Hearts or Cruella DeVil)
12:00 Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show (If Did Not Make It To Earlier Show)
12:20 Headless Horseman Magic Shot / SotMK card
* Candy Along the Way
* Must See/Do: Photos - Headless Horseman & Haunted Mansion
* Must See/Do: Stage Show & Parade
* Must See/Do: Characters – Jack & Sally, Moana, Jack Sparrow, Cruella DeVil, Queen Of Heart & Tweedle Twins, Jafar
* Would Like To See/Do: Tarzan, Jane & Terk, Seven Dwarfs, Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear, Genie (Might See Him On the 19thfor PhotoPass Day)
* Would Like To See/Do: Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball & Cadaver Dans
- is this a good plan - being my first time at the Halloween event I'm not sure if I'm being realistic - any help from anyone would be fantastic!

Last edited:
Aug 17th
2 Adults & 3 Kids (MZ, CZ, MZ, EZ & RZ)
Tag Team: Send CZ to pick up snacks or early dinner
10:00-10:45 Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show (Maybe Catch the Later Show)
10:45-11:30 Boo-To-You Parade (Main Street)
Tag Team: Send MZ to pick up snacks
12:00 Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show (If Did Not Make It To Earlier Show)
12:20 Headless Horseman Magic Shot / SotMK card
* Candy Along the Way
* Must See/Do: Characters – Jack & Sally, Moana, Jack Sparrow, Cruella DeVil, Queen Of Heart & Tweedle Twins, Jafar
* Would Like To See/Do: Tarzan, Jane & Terk, Seven Dwarfs, Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear, Genie (Might See Him On the 19thfor PhotoPass Day)
- is this a good plan - being my first time at the Halloween event I'm not sure if I'm being realistic - any help from anyone would be fantastic!

Hi and :welcome: to the party. I have an appointment right now but will get back with you. I have added your itinerary to the Main page, so please do not re-post it. Thank you.

Yes, you’ll be able to get the HH shot at the end of the night. Just know that it’s outside the park, not on Main Street, so you won’t have the “empty” park behind you.

Aug 17th
2 Adults & 3 Kids (MZ, CZ, MZ, EZ & RZ)

Just a few things: Did you book fastpasses? Even if you use your 3 Pre-Booked FP you can still get Same Day FP's. How about eating a full meal prior to arriving, I cannot recommend this enough. Age of kids are important, please update with information.

Friday, Aug 17th / 2 Adults & 3 Kids (MZ, CZ, MZ, EZ & RZ)

Tag Team: You'll be waiting at least 1 hour. Use Fastpasses here.
4:15-4:35 RIDE - Adult #1 with kids Schedule FP for 3:30-4:30
4:40-5:00 RIDE - Adult #2 with kids Schedule FP for 4:30-5:30
or
Magic Shots, shopping, Momento Mori etc do things close by
. ;)

Tag Team: Schedule something here, you have 45 minutes. Dinner via mobile app?
Ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin - usually a Walk-on.

10:00-10:45 Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show (Maybe Catch the Later Show) I don't know how old your kids are?
10:45-11:30 Boo-To-You Parade (Main Street) - Where on Main Street?
Tag Team: Send MZ to pick up snacks ADD MORE!!! You have 1 hour before the Parade.
Pick up SofMK card at Firehouse - 10 minutes
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball - 15 minutes ONLY
Cadaver Dans- 15 minutes ONLY
Take kids Trick or Treating - 20 minutes

12:00-12:20 Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show (If Did Not Make It To Earlier Show)
12:30-12:45 Headless Horseman Magic Shot / SotMK card
* Candy Along the Way

Really nice job, though a lot of characters and no time for dedicated Trick or Treating as a family which is sad to see and hardly any rides, bummer. Again, I have no clue how old your kids are. Lots to think about.

I cannot say 100% that BTMRR will be closed during the party after 6pm. Granted, it's not on WDW List of Open Attractions but it's not on the Fall Refurbishment List either. I cannot imagine why Disney would shut down this popular ride after 6pm, it doesn't make sense. I do know from experience and historical data that one of these mountain rides have been on the Fall Refurbishment List during MNSSHP and the ride would be closed 24/7. That's why I hesitate it just doesn't add up. We'll know soon enough.

I thought I read this was your first visit to MK. I don't know where that came from but I apologize. Again, I see nothing wrong with your plan. You've left plenty of time to get from Point A to Point B for your entire group. Have a great trip! :-)
OH I hope they keep BTMRR open at night. It's my favorite time to ride it! So much different than during the day!

OH I hope they keep BTMRR open at night. It's my favorite time to ride it! So much different than during the day!

I agree! After many years we finally rode it for the first time last year during the party and we LOVED it. Way better than Splash. Hate the idea of getting wet during the last week of October, it can get pretty cold so no thanks!

I agree! After many years we finally rode it for the first time last year during the party and we LOVED it. Way better than Splash. Hate the idea of getting wet during the last week of October, it can get pretty cold so no thanks!
Fully agree! I hate being wet...and if I'm wet and cold - forget it. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter