“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any dining during parties won't show availability during party hours. On the dining reservation page you have to look for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Dining. When you click into that you choose your restaurant and time slot to check availability. Because of how they've done this, I'm assuming it won't work with the Touringplans Reservations finder. I could be wrong though.

View attachment 342226

Edited to add link: mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-table-service

Also for restaurants as popular as CRT, do use the reservation finder as it's awesome, but also keep looking yourself if the reservation is important to you. This is important as these reservations go fast, and even though the reservation finder will look several times a day, it's not constantly checking and you might miss out. I scored both CRT and BOG myself when checking myself as it became available between the times Touring Plans were checking. Also be aware that using the reservation finder is no guarantee that you will actually get the reservation you're alerted about. I have had several emails where I logged in and tried to book within a minute of receiving the email, but it was already gone. If you get an email/text, log in right away and book as soon as possible.

Thanks so much! I did a search for my date and while they don't have openings for parties of my size (6) on our date (Oct 11) they do have openings for parties of 4. That gives me hope that something may open up if I keep checking. I also might speak with my biggies and see if they might prefer to use that time for rides rather than sitting at dinner. It is possible that they would rather have the park time, and it would save me some cash too.

You guys are great! Thanks again!

NEW - sorta

Hocus Pocus Funko Pops!

Sarah / Winifred / Mary Sanderson $12.99 each or $36.99 for a three- pack.

View attachment 342090

To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of “Hocus Pocus”, Disney and Funko Pops will be releasing new figures for the Sanderson Sisters. The Sanderson Sisters Funko Pops can only be purchased exclusively through Spirit Halloween. Each Sanderson Sister will come individually or you can get the special three-pack for those that must have all three of them together!

This has been added to Post #4: Sorcerer of The Magic Kingdom Card & Merchandise
Under "2018 Non Exclusive Halloween Merchandise"
I pre-ordered the three Pops from Spirit Halloween and also got 20%. They have a code :

*Offer valid on newly placed orders. Enter promo code 20SPTE to get 20% off any item plus $4.99 shipping on orders over $75. Offer valid until Tuesday, 8/10/18 at 11:59 PM Pacific.

NEWS

ShopDisney Launches New ‘Disney Store’s Sleep Shop Hotline’

View attachment 342094

Yep! To help your kids fall asleep a parent can call a toll free number and your kids can hear a message from one of the Fab 5! For more information check out this post by our lovely Jackie Gailey! :thumbsup2

Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/shopdisney-launches-new-disney-stores-sleep-shop-hotline/
Thinking ahead to Dec of 2019.....we're bringing dd (27yo) and her boyfriend for some holiday fun. I'm totally doing this for her :)

NEW - Did You Know?

Claire’s sells Disney Ear Head Bands!

Say what?! Yep! In-store and online $14.99 each

View attachment 342097

Claire's Online Link: https://www.claires.com/us/search/?q=disney&lang=en_US
I have the second and third one already.....must plan outfits to match accordingly!

Just a few things: Did you book fastpasses? Even if you use your 3 Pre-Booked FP you can still get Same Day FP's. How about eating a full meal prior to arriving, I cannot recommend this enough. Age of kids are important, please update with information.
I'm hoping to get some fast passes after we use our original three....that should cut down on some line time during the party before 7pm!

Use Touring Plans restaurant finder app - I think that's what it's called, someone please chime in. I've never used this FREE service before but have heard major kudos from those who have. No, you're not kidding yourself. People cancel all the time! Get this app ASAP! If you have to use other threads to find out more do it, the sooner the better!
I haven't had any luck getting this to work for me. I have gotten the text and in less than 5 seconds have checked for that particular ADR to no avail. :( Has ANYONE had any luck with this? Maybe it's because I'm looking for Cali brunch?

Is anyone going as the new Wonder Woman?!

Gal Godot is soooo beautiful!!!

View attachment 342207
She's gorgeous and if I had her figure I would consider it, lol!

9/16
Me & DD (6)

3:30-4:15 Wristbands @ Bypass
4:25-5:50 Moana (snack while waiting)
5:50-6:25 Restroom Break & Refresh if needed
6:30-7:15 Minnie or Daisy & Donald - Two separate meet & greets, pick one.
7:25-7:45 Buy pins@ Big top
7:55-8:15 Teacups
8:15-8:30 Trick or Treat & mobile order Casey’s - Pecos Bill? Closer to Frontierland
8:30-9:35 Parade in Frontierland See: Post #1110 Eat while waiting for parade.
9:35-10:30 Pick up Free Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card at Main Street Firehouse & find spot for Fireworks on Main Street
10:40-10:55 Mickey at Town Square Theater
11:00-11:50 more trick or treating/ photopass pics/shopping (possibly watch 2nd parade)
12:00-12:20 Hocus Pocus (if DD is still going strong!)

This is a lot for a 6 year old, probably will be out by 10ish Good luck and have fun!

Your itinerary has been added to the Main Page.
Thanks! Any idea what the wait for Minnie, Daisy & Donald would be if in line by 6:30? We will be taking the day of the party off to sleep in, swim and relax before the party so hopefully my DD will make it all night!

Just a few things: Did you book fastpasses? Even if you use your 3 Pre-Booked FP you can still get Same Day FP's. How about eating a full meal prior to arriving, I cannot recommend this enough. Age of kids are important, please update with information.

Friday, Aug 17th / 2 Adults & 3 Kids (MZ, CZ, MZ, EZ & RZ)

3:15 Arrive at MK
3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance & Receive Wristband
4:15-5:40 Jack Skellington & Sally
Tag Team: You'll be waiting at least 1 hour. Use Fastpasses here.
4:15-4:35 RIDE - Adult #1 with kids Schedule FP for 3:30-4:30
4:40-5:00 RIDE - Adult #2 with kids Schedule FP for 4:30-5:30
or
Magic Shots, shopping, Momento Mori etc do things close by
. ;)

5:40-7:00 Moana
Tag Team: Schedule something here, you have 45 minutes. Dinner via mobile app?
Ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin - usually a Walk-on.

7:00-7:30 Genie or Jafar
7:30-8:15 Jack Sparrow
8:15-8:45 Pirates Of the Caribbean Ride
8:45-9:15 Tarzan, Jane & Terk
9:15-10.00 Haunted Mansion Ride & Photos
10:00-10:45 Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show (Maybe Catch the Later Show) I don't know how old your kids are?
10:45-11:30 Boo-To-You Parade (Main Street) - Where on Main Street?
Tag Team: Send MZ to pick up snacks ADD MORE!!! You have 1 hour before the Parade.
Pick up SofMK card at Firehouse - 10 minutes
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball - 15 minutes ONLY
Cadaver Dans- 15 minutes ONLY
Take kids Trick or Treating - 20 minutes

11:30-12:00 Meet Other Character (Queen Of Hearts or Cruella DeVil)
12:00-12:20 Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show (If Did Not Make It To Earlier Show)
12:30-12:45 Headless Horseman Magic Shot / SotMK card
* Candy Along the Way
* Must See/Do: Photos - Headless Horseman & Haunted Mansion
* Must See/Do: Stage Show & Parade
* Must See/Do: Characters – Jack & Sally, Moana, Jack Sparrow, Cruella DeVil, Queen Of Heart & Tweedle Twins, Jafar
* Would Like To See/Do: Tarzan, Jane & Terk, Seven Dwarfs, Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear, Genie (Might See Him On the 19thfor PhotoPass Day)
* Would Like To See/Do: Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball & Cadaver Dans
- is this a good plan - being my first time at the Halloween event I'm not sure if I'm being realistic - any help from anyone would be fantastic!

Really nice job, though a lot of characters and no time for dedicated Trick or Treating as a family which is sad to see and hardly any rides, bummer. Again, I have no clue how old your kids are. Lots to think about.
The only other thing I’d comment in this itinerary is here:
10:45-11:30 Boo-To-You Parade (Main Street)

Where on Main Street are you planning to watch? If at the end, the parade will not be over by 11:30 (it will barely have started to pass you) and the only M&G you’ll have a chance at getting to at that time is Mickey.

If squeezing in one more M&G is important, watch the parade from Frontierland then hurry to your character of choice.

Thanks! Any idea what the wait for Minnie, Daisy & Donald would be if in line by 6:30? We will be taking the day of the party off to sleep in, swim and relax before the party so hopefully my DD will make it all night!
If in line by 6:30 you should be among the first to meet.

ETA: They're separate meets though, at least have been in the past. The ducks in one line and Minnie in another.

Last edited:
Aug 17th
2 Adults & 3 Kids (DW, DH, DS = 10, DD = 12 & DD = 7)
3:15 Arrive at MK
3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance & Receive Wristband
4:15-5:40 Jack Skellington & Sally
Tag Team: Send CZ to pick up snacks or early dinner
5:40-7:00 Moana
7:00-7:30 Genie or Jafar
7:30-8:15 Jack Sparrow
8:15-8:45 Pirates Of the Caribbean Ride
8:45-9:15 Tarzan, Jane & Terk
9:15-10.00 Haunted Mansion Ride & Photos
10:00-10:45 Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show (Maybe Catch the Later Show)
10:45-11:30 Boo-To-You Parade (Main Street)
Tag Team: Send MZ to pick up snacks
12:00 Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Show (If Did Not Make It To Earlier Show)
12:20 Headless Horseman Magic Shot / SotMK card
* Candy Along the Way
* Must See/Do: Photos - Headless Horseman & Haunted Mansion
* Must See/Do: Stage Show & Parade
* Must See/Do: Characters – Jack & Sally, Moana, Jack Sparrow, Cruella DeVil, Queen Of Heart & Tweedle Twins, Jafar
* Would Like To See/Do: Tarzan, Jane & Terk, Seven Dwarfs, Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear, Genie (Might See Him On the 19thfor PhotoPass Day)
* Would Like To See/Do: Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball & Cadaver Dans
- is this a good plan - being my first time at the Halloween event I'm not sure if I'm being realistic - any help from anyone would be fantastic!
I forgot to add the age of my children sorry if anyone has advice please let me know I appreciate any help

I haven't had any luck getting this to work for me. I have gotten the text and in less than 5 seconds have checked for that particular ADR to no avail. :( Has ANYONE had any luck with this? Maybe it's because I'm looking for Cali brunch?

I’ve actually had luck with it every time I’ve used it. I usually start the alerts right after I make all of my dining reservations if I couldn’t get one that I wanted, or if I am looking for a better time. I always put the meal instead of the time frame (so I’ll have it search for dinner instead of 7:00, for example). You do have to be fast though, the quicker you click the link they send, the better! You also have to remember to restart the search whenever you miss it.

I’ve actually had luck with it every time I’ve used it. I usually start the alerts right after I make all of my dining reservations if I couldn’t get one that I wanted, or if I am looking for a better time. I always put the meal instead of the time frame (so I’ll have it search for dinner instead of 7:00, for example). You do have to be fast though, the quicker you click the link they send, the better! You also have to remember to restart the search whenever you miss it.

This is exactly how I use it and have had great success. I will also confirm you have to be quick when you get the alert or you miss the opening.

Thanks so much! I did a search for my date and while they don't have openings for parties of my size (6) on our date (Oct 11) they do have openings for parties of 4. That gives me hope that something may open up if I keep checking. I also might speak with my biggies and see if they might prefer to use that time for rides rather than sitting at dinner. It is possible that they would rather have the park time, and it would save me some cash too.

You guys are great! Thanks again!
You could try for 4person and 2person ADRs at the same or close to the same time

If in line by 6:30 you should be among the first to meet.

ETA: They're separate meets though, at least have been in the past. The ducks in one line and Minnie in another.

Do you have any suggestion on which line to get in first or are both waits comparable throughout the night?

I am looking at either Friday 9/14 (ranked 5th least crowded ) or Sunday 9/16 (ranked 14th). Seems odd that that Friday is predicted to be less crowded than Sunday...by such a large difference. Should just go to both, but getting my hubby to one is hard enough. Anybody see any reason to not “believe” this prediction?

Made an edit to include the Frontierland Costume Promenade, but it is scheduled to start right as the first Hocus Pocus Show ends, so we may catch the tail end of it. This move would also offer us the opportunity to shop a bit, and maybe hustle DD for a ride on HM, but probably not. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-116#post-59575309"]MNSSHP Touring Plan[/URL]

Tomorrowland

Are the new soundtrack and special effects only for the party or is that a permanent change?
It’s just for the party. They announced that it will be having special effects along with mad tea party and pirates I believe. I think pirates is supposed to have cms dressed as pirates in the ride or something? I really don’t know for sure.

NEWS

Happy Halloween 2018 Popcorn Bucket (Pail), Refillable Travel Mug , Oogie Boogie 2nd Edition Popcorn Bucket, Cauldron Premium Popcorn Light-up Bucket, Green Poison Apple Stein, The Headless Horseman Straw Clip AND Pumpkin Straw have been revealed!!

Popcorn Bucket (Pail) AND Refillable Travel Mug
upload_2018-8-9_12-6-29.png
Happy Halloween 2018 Base Popcorn Bucket design features Mickey and Minnie all decked out in their Halloween best as well as Chip and Dale as adorable little bats! A similar design is featured on the Happy Halloween 2018 Base Travel Mug. The base popcorn bucket can be found at various popcorn locations across Magic Kingdom Park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort.

The 2018 Base Travel Mug of similar design will be available as a refillable mug (only refillable for the duration of your stay) available at all resort hotels across property.

Exclusive 2018 MNSSHP - Oogie Boogie 2nd Edition Popcorn Bucket
upload_2018-8-9_12-11-54.png
A new version of this popular bucket will be available exclusively at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort.

Cauldron Premium Popcorn Light-up Bucket - Refillable during your length of stay for $1.75 per refill.
upload_2018-8-9_12-15-31.png
Double, double toil and trouble – get ready to cast some spells, brew a potion, and make that delicious popcorn disappear with the new Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket. Starting mid-September, this light-up bucket will be available at all four parks and Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort! And it even features a Hidden Mickey … but you’ll have to find that one on your own!

Poison Green Apple Glow Cube
upload_2018-8-9_12-23-26.png
At Walt Disney World Resort, get the Green Poison Apple Glow Cube at Abracada Bar at Disney’s BoardWalk or Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar at Disney Springs.

Green Poison Apple Stein
upload_2018-8-9_12-24-6.png
Green Poison Apple Stein! You’ll find it throughout Disneyland Resort as well as various outdoor vending locations throughout Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.

The Headless Horseman Straw Clip AND Pumpkin Straw
upload_2018-8-9_12-25-44.png

The Headless Horseman Straw Clip You’ll find him galloping around at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort.

Pumpkin Straw will be at various quick-service locations throughout Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

Remember – these amazingly spooktacular Halloween novelties are quite popular and are only available while supplies last! These novelty items will be available at various times throughout September and October at both Walt Disney World Resort starting on August 17.

This has been added to Post #5: Popcorn Buckets & Specialty Snacks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter