“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend meeting Rapunzel & Tiana on a regular park day, maybe early morning or with FP. Remember once you tap your last FP you can book a 4th. That will free up more time for other adventures.

Moana will be your longest wait but many reported it was worth it very good interaction and she signs autographs too. Guests started lining up for her around 4:20ish, I recommend getting in her line as soon as possible as her line will grow. Expect about 1 - 1.5 hr wait. If you arrive at 6pm expect 2 hour wait or more. This was confirmed by fellow DIS'ers last year.
Thanks for the tip

You need to be at MK by 3:30, last year guests were let in at 3:45.
3:30-4:15- Enter the park
4:20-5:30- Meet Jack and Sally
Tag Team: Restroom break, SotMK Card
5:30-6:00- Trick or Treat and photo pass pics - Trick or Treat begins at 7pm and lines are very long. I recommend you wait until later in the evening. You will get a pack of treat at the bypass - all of you should ask for two packages.
6:00-7:30- Meet Moana - This will be a long line by this time.
Tag Team: QS Dinner - I recommend you use the mobile app to pre-order your food.
8:15-9:00- Meet Belle and Gaston
9:15-9:30- Parade - Location?
Tag Team: grab snacks while holding parade spot - Who is doing this?
10:15-10:30- Hallowishes
10:30-11- Dance Party
11-11:30- Rides
12- Hocus Pocus

If you're planning on using Tag Team, then add it to Jack & Sally to get more done.
Does hp show happen at 12 I thought the party ends at this time?

I’ll be attending on the 17th and plan to arrive at mk st 3:30 then head over to js is that an okay plan oh and I heard that they give out autograph cards instead of signing is this true please help
Correct, Jack and Sally hand out autograph cards, they do not sign. Arriving at MK is perfect, you’ll be among the first to enter and receive your wristband. Proceed directly to Jack & Sally. In recent years they’ve met in the gazebo in Liberty Square, but confirm that this is their location again this year.

Finally all caught up! I'm sorry to have missed out on all of the fun during the party! Thank you @FoxC63 for coordinating it, and for all of your work on this thread! I hope you have a fabulous trip to DL!

When: Tuesday, September 11 / Who: DH, DD (12), DS (6) and me

I really don't see too much of an issue with your plan, what I do see is you zigzagging which is going to cost you time and tire you out and by you, I'm referring to your entire group. In my experience BTMRR & Splash are generally walk-on's later in the evening. You can go from one ride to the other without dedicating 30 minutes for each. Peter Pan and Space Mountain hold the longest wait. I'm not sure if the new enhancements at Space is important to you considering you've never been on this ride how would you know the difference?

I highly recommend you secure a FP for Space if possible and check to see if you can move Peter Pan to 5:30-6pm with the intention to secure Space Mountain at 3:30-4:30 and Buzz 4:30-5:30.

That was my big concern too... lots of time wasted just getting from one place to another... However, BTMRR is closed during the party, right? I think my DS would really like that, and it may ease him into Space. Also, we have all (except DS) done Space, so we would really like to see the enhancements...

In any case... We will be at MNSSHP, and even if all of my plans falls apart, I will see the Mickey Jack O Lantern wreaths and the scarecrows and get some candy and be a very happy girl!

Finally all caught up! I'm sorry to have missed out on all of the fun during the party! Thank you @FoxC63 for coordinating it, and for all of your work on this thread! I hope you have a fabulous trip to DL!

That was my big concern too... lots of time wasted just getting from one place to another... However, BTMRR is closed during the party, right? I think my DS would really like that, and it may ease him into Space. Also, we have all (except DS) done Space, so we would really like to see the enhancements...

In any case... We will be at MNSSHP, and even if all of my plans falls apart, I will see the Mickey Jack O Lantern wreaths and the scarecrows and get some candy and be a very happy girl!

I cannot say 100% that BTMRR will be closed during the party after 6pm. Granted, it's not on WDW List of Open Attractions but it's not on the Fall Refurbishment List either. I cannot imagine why Disney would shut down this popular ride after 6pm, it doesn't make sense. I do know from experience and historical data that one of these mountain rides have been on the Fall Refurbishment List during MNSSHP and the ride would be closed 24/7. That's why I hesitate it just doesn't add up. We'll know soon enough.

I thought I read this was your first visit to MK. I don't know where that came from but I apologize. Again, I see nothing wrong with your plan. You've left plenty of time to get from Point A to Point B for your entire group. Have a great trip! :-)

We are going on Thursday October 18th.

I do not see your name on the List of Itineraries so I'm not sure what time you planned on being in Frontierland for the parade, but Thursday, October 18th party is a long way off and we should see reports long before you leave, If you need to make any adjustments to your plan, you'll have plenty of time. Over on: Post #3 , @Cluelyss recommends the following:

Tip:
To get Front Row for the First Parade at Frontierland I’d recommend at least 45 minutes to secure spots, 1hr. if Sold Out and at least 30 minutes for the Second Parade. For Main Street 1hr 20-30 minutes if Sold Out.

Last edited:
That doorbell!!!!! Ours just broke, too. I think it's a sign!

Edited to say it looks like it's more of a toy and not really meant to put on your front door.....how awesome would THAT have been?!?

That would be cute!

Here you go:
https://wdwnt.com/2018/08/photos-video-haunted-mansion-talking-doombuggy-toy-and-even-more-new-ghostly-goods-released-at-disney-
I do not see your name on the List of Itineraries so I'm not sure what time you planned on being at in Frontierland for the parade, but Thursday, October 18th party is a long way off and would should see reports long before you leave, If you need to make any adjustments to your plan, you'll have plenty of time. Over on: Post #3 , @Cluelyss recommends the following:

Tip:
To get Front Row for the First Parade at Frontierland I’d recommend at least 45 minutes to secure spots, 1hr. if Sold Out and at least 30 minutes for the Second Parade. For Main Street 1hr 20-30 minutes if Sold Out.
I know I have a lot of time which is why I have been just watching for now. I will make a loose plan when it gets closer. I had heard it was a more relaxed atmosphere watching the parade from Frontierland than Main St. ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter