• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ºoºShare a drink! Places to find Adult beverages at DLR! * Come check it out!*ºoº

ok so thanks to you all, i am going to try the port and wine tasting TODAY! as a early b-day present to myself! it looks great and sounded soo good!later on i will try and post more photos i got and info on the port and cheese tasting!

I wonder if you can sub a Cab or Zin for the port in the port and cheese tasting. I'd totally be on board, if so. Not a port fan...

Right, I know...but it looked like (from what I could tell) that if you wanted wine and cheese, together for one price...you're stuck with the port. It looks like you can purchase a cheese plate with your other tastings for about $15 which seems like a lot.

No big deal...just curious.

Right, I know...but it looked like (from what I could tell) that if you wanted wine and cheese, together for one price...you're stuck with the port. It looks like you can purchase a cheese plate with your other tastings for about $15 which seems like a lot.

I don't really know, but here is something we learned at 2 tastings:

Enjoy yourself with the wine maven assisting you. We had a blast with both of ours (2 different trips) and had such a good time that people were turning to look and see what was so enjoyable. The wine person said that we were good for business! We asked questions and got lots of good info, including the tip to try TOT right after our port tasting :rotfl:, which did indeed enhance the ride quite significantly :rolleyes1. We mentioned wanting to try a few wines and they were happy to indulge us, so we got a real deal from our $12 tasting, including extra chocolate and double glasses on anything we liked a lot. We did tip very well. So you just might be able to try one of the wines you prefer if you happen to get a good host.

I don't really know, but here is something we learned at 2 tastings:

Enjoy yourself with the wine maven assisting you. We had a blast with both of ours (2 different trips) and had such a good time that people were turning to look and see what was so enjoyable. The wine person said that we were good for business! We asked questions and got lots of good info, including the tip to try TOT right after our port tasting :rotfl:, which did indeed enhance the ride quite significantly :rolleyes1. We mentioned wanting to try a few wines and they were happy to indulge us, so we got a real deal from our $12 tasting, including extra chocolate and double glasses on anything we liked a lot. We did tip very well. So you just might be able to try one of the wines you prefer if you happen to get a good host.

Great tip...thanks!

u can purchas that platter at anytime,.. it doesn;t have to be with wine. i posted a photo of it..

Someone needs to post the cocktail menu from the Al Fresco Bar...I can't wait to try the key lim pie martini, but I want to see what other drinks they have too!

ok that is going to be hard. cause its like 6 different pages in a book like menu..and lately i been getting the stink eye from the bartenders as i take photos of the menus..lol

Can you just steal one and send it to me? :rotfl: Tell the bartenders your "friend" is going to be there celebrating her 40th birthday and wants to be prepared with her drink order!

Someone needs to post the cocktail menu from the Al Fresco Bar...I can't wait to try the key lim pie martini, but I want to see what other drinks they have too!

I asked about the menu because it was new a few weeks back. Our server said it might change because it was made of ideas from higher ups and when things don't sell they will drop off. He said the food there(appetizers and light fare) was going to get the same treatment.

Funball is right it is a long menu, it isn't a list like a regular menu, it is a page per drink.

Oh well - it was worth a shot. I guess I will just be surprised when I get there...and yes, I am counting the days!

Oh well - it was worth a shot. I guess I will just be surprised when I get there...and yes, I am counting the days!

Well I don't want to get your hopes up, but there's some time until your trip so maybe Funball will get it up before you are on your way there.

Skiingfast is right the drinks change out so fast i was there when the cm told us this, even If could get photos of each page and post them , who knows the time I have them up to view those drinks might be changed out! So your better off just being surprised when you look for your cocktail!!

i will try and get some photos of the drink menu up..but i won't promse that when you visit those drinks will be the same! :)

First off, this is the best thread ever, thanks, I have a lot of catching up to do at DLR

Second, I'm not sure if this is true at DLR but at WDW, my wife often will order a drink at <insert random bar we staggered into> and ask if she could have the glow cube with the drink, even if its not the designated glow cube drink. Inevitably they say yes. Sometimes they charge her the price for the drink with the glow cube (rather than what her drink would have cost), sometimes they charge separately for the cube, sometimes they just give it to her for free. Suffice to say, we have a BUNCH of glowcubes!

Forgive me if everyone already knows this tidbit and I'm at the back of the line catching up.

When I was reading about DLR for our recent trip, I was under the impression that 1) Ariel's Grotto did not serve alcohol and 2) you could get a drink at the Cove Bar above AG, but you had to drink it there.

We ate at AG last Friday night. I bought a glass of wine at the CB and they let me bring it down to AG. They had full drink menu available at AG. I ordered a 2nd wine and my hubby had a cocktail.

So, if you were in the dark, like me, you can order all the alcohol served at the CB while you are dining at AG. Easy.

Forgive me if everyone already knows this tidbit and I'm at the back of the line catching up.

When I was reading about DLR for our recent trip, I was under the impression that Ariel's Grotto did not serve alcohol

We ate at AG last Friday night. I bought a glass of wine at the CB and they let me bring it down to AG. They had full drink menu available at AG. I ordered a 2nd wine and my hubby had a cocktail.

So, if you were in the dark, like me, you can order all the alcohol served at the CB while you are dining at AG. Easy.

This question does come up, thanks for confirming other reports. :thumbsup2

When I was reading about DLR for our recent trip, I was under the impression that 1) Ariel's Grotto did not serve alcohol and 2) you could get a drink at the Cove Bar above AG, but you had to drink it there.

yes AG has alcohol! they have a full bar..

glow cubes can be purchased seperate then a cocktail.. i think i got mine for $4.00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter