ºoº Yeahhhhh... "13" days to WDW Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet... UPDATES. ºoº

:wave: ºoº Only 69 more days to the Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet and only 67 more days until the first Mousefest Meet.

:wave: ºoº Who else is going?

Hi, Krista :wave:

Hi Ray

Thanks for all the info.
I also post at Tagrel.com, and they are having a few mini meets. Dave is one of the host for the MVMCP meet on the 9th. I wonder if there are other groups having mini meets?

From what I read at passporter, they had over 400 go to the mega meet last year.

Where did I read that over 500 ppl have signed up for Allearsnet Mousefest email mailing list?

This is my 1st mousefest, been wanting to go for years. I was a little hesitant about meeting new ppl but can hardly believe how nice ppl have been welcoming me . :chat:

I'll be in mouse heaven!!!

See ya there
Susan

:wave: ºoº Only 68 more days to the Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet and only 67 more days until the first Mousefest Meet.

:wave: ºoº Who else is going?

Hi, Susan. :wave:

I hope everyone that signs up actually comes, too.

I love that allearsnet information email, because it let's me know what is new or recently added to all the mini-meets.

Well, besides the regular Mousefest mini-meets under the Mousefest umbrella listed, it looks like RADP has the most mini-meets.

Thank you for the information about the tagrel.com. They have a lot of mini-meets that I have not seen listed. I won't be able to make the early POR breakfast since I'll just be disembarking the DCL Wonder. But I will sign up for some of the others.

I'll add tagrel.com mini-meets to the list above now. It may take me a while to write them all down, but it should be done in about an hour. My WebTV is slow and I don't use a mouse or windows...lol.

I think everyone is a little bit nervous about meeting strangers from the internet in real life. But there are several things that make it easy.

1. We all have one thing in common and that is we all love Disney.

2. We get to meet at a safe place in Walt Disney World.

3. We get to know each other by first listening to each other while waiting in line for rides, and then joining in the conversations.

If you are not to sure about the group, you could lurk at a distance where everyone is going to meet and just look and see who is there already. If you feel comfortable, then just walk up and say is the meet for such and such, and introduce yourself. Some mini-meets are very talkative.

Or you can get to know everyone on the boards before you go to WDW by posting on any of the mini-meet threads of the various boards.

My name is Ray. I would be happy to meet you and say hello at any of the meets. I'll be wearing a red lanyard with my name on several buttons. My favorite button is the one Towncrier made for me last year. It is lime green, of course, with my name, RaySharpton and a picture of my avatar, the USA flag. So if you see me first, don't be shy, just come by and introduce yourself.

See you there.

And thank you for directing me to all the new mini-meets.

Sincerely, Ray :wave:

:wave: Only 67 more days to the Mousefest MEGA-Mouse Meet at the Dolphin Resort. I added a lot more new mini-meets on the first page.

:wave: ºoº 66 more days until the Mega-Mouse Meet at the Swan Resort and 64 days until the first Mousefest mini-meets.

ºoº Ray

I didn't even know about this until I got an email from ALLEARS today. This is the first I've heard of Mousefest! Did this kinda replace DISCON??? We were there for some of that in 2001 (but dd was tough that trip so didn't get to do too much).

We'll just so happen to be there the 9th - 12th of December staying at the Swan. Would love to attend the meet at the Swan. Looking forward to it!

Hey Ray - I don't see myself on your list. It will be me and mom (Kay) :).

Ray:

Are you looking for a definitive count for the 12/11/04 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. meeting? Reason I am asking: I would love to attend and meet the many authors and disboarders (is that a word?), that I lurk with, steal knowledge from, commiserate with and generally feel like they are family, lol, but I am going on vacation with a friend (leaving family at home this time) and that is our last day there. We will be at Epcot that day (easy to walk over, definitely), but our flight lives at 5:45 that evening. I'm not sure how my friend would feel about it, as she goes through life with no Disney planning. (what's wrong with her???) I wouldn't want to RSVP and then not show up. :bounce: Like to take my committments seriously. :p

ºoº :wave: Hi Carol, I added your name. And did I say thank you for the link to the RADP Mousefest Meets? Thank you again.

ºoº :wave: Hi, Krista. I apologize. I got confused again with your name between KristaTX and KathyTX. I know who you are and I know who Kathy is, but I just always seem to have trouble remembering names. Thank you for clearing the cobwebs out of my memory...lol. I can't wait to see you and your DM Kay again.

ºoº :wave: Hi, jwfla422. That's great that you will be at the Swan Resort because that will be where the MegaMouse Meet will be on December 11th. I look forward to meeting you. This is the second year for Mousefest. And Recreation.Arts.Disney.Parks has been doing this every December for about eight years. No, this Mousefest does not replace the DIS CONventions. They were a lot of fun. I think that it just became too expensive for Pete Werner, the founder of the DIS. That first DISCONvention he rented the Tower of Terror for our own private use. I can't imagine how much that must have cost. And then their is the whole organizing thing that must be just huge. Planning dinners, photographers, character meals, etc., and everything must be overwhelming to keep up with. The Mousefest Disney Cruise was included in one price through a package. The Mousefest Land Package was also included in one price to include a dessert party and Adventurer's Club party. Everything else at Mousefest is like the Mousefest MegaMouse Meet, I don't know how they pay for the convention rooms at the Swan Resort, but all the web founders and book authurs probably help. All the other mini-meets are set up by individual hosts from the various web sites, much like DISCON did a couple of years ago. Most of the mini-meets are free, like park attraction rides mini-meets like Buzz Lightyear, or Spash Mountain or Tower of Terror. Other individual hosts mini-meets to watch the parades and fireworks or Fantasmic. And yet, still other volunteer individual hosts may offer the mini-meets that require a fee, such as the Illuminations Cruise or some Priority Seatings that requires payment in advance by the host. And still others may require a fee, but can be paid at the time, like entering Jellyrolls, or park entrance, or MVMCP. I wish we had DISCON again, but hardly anyone is organizing a meet from the DIS this year. The only one that I know of as of today is TLinden's Jellyrolls DIS minimeet, which I will be going to after Illuminations. If anyone wants to organize a DIS Meet, just go to the DIS MEET Forum and start one.

ºoº Ray

ºoº :wave: Hi, riduvall. This is not an official list. I was trying to see how many DISers might be attending the Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet on December 11th. And wonder if DISers is a real word, too...lol. I hope that you can make it. It is very unusual to have so many Disney Web Founders and Disney Book Authurs all in one place to say hi to them and to say thank you to them for their web sites and books, and to ask them questions. I hope that you can come. Maybe you could park at the Swan Resort, take a boat launch to EPCOT, and then take the boat launch backe to the Swan Resort for a short Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet at 1300, and then drive to the airport straight from the Swan Resort. I hope to see you there. I'll add your name. Don't worry if you can't make it and your name is on the list. This is just a fun list. But I hope that you can make it.

ºoº Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter