ºoº Yeahhhhh... "13" days to WDW Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet... UPDATES. ºoº

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
ºoº Last year was a lot fun to actually see all the different Founders of all the great Disney web sites and all the authors of the great Disney books.

ºoº Also to meet everyone that you see on the different web sites in person at the different Walt Disney World Parks.

ºoº Here is a tenative list of all the things that are going on at the 2004 Mousefest. I'll update them as more information comes out.

If you have two free hours on Saturday afternoon on December 11, 2004 from one to three, then try to come to the Mega-Mousefest meet at the Swan Resort. It is free (as are most of the meets), and here is a tentative list and schedule of all those Disney Disney website founders and Disney authors that will be there for you to meet. It was great last year with over 300 Disney loving people at the Mega-Mouse Meet alone. So come to this once in a lifetime event.

But don't worry. Most meets only have 10 to 20 people each. And last year their were only about a 100 at the MVMCP out of a possible 20,000 MVMCP tickets sold.

Everyone from different web sites try to come to the Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet at the Swan Resort on Saturday, December 11, 2004. Last year we had 300. Let's make a list of DISers that may come.

ºoº Disney Website Founders and Leaders: ºoº

ºoº AllEarsNet.com and ALL EARS®Newsletter - Deb Wills
ºoº MagicalMountain.net - Nathan Rose
ºoº Tagrel.com - Dave Card
ºoº DisneyCentral.com - Scott Liljenquist
ºoº MousePlanet.com - Mike Scopa, Lani Teshima, Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
ºoº TheMouseForLess.com (aka DisneyDollarless) - Binnie Betten, Pam Forrester and Linda Stockwell
ºoº Mousesavers.com - Mary Waring
ºoº JimHillMedia.com - Jim Hill

ºoº Disney Guidebook Authors: ºoº

ºoº Jennifer Watson and Dave Marx, "PassPorter WDW" and "PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line".
ºoº Bob Sehlinger, "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World"
ºoº Steven M. Barrett, M.D., "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation" and "Hidden Mickeys" and "A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets."
ºoº Cara Goldsbury, "The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World."
ºoº Louis Mongello, "The Walt Disney World Trivia Book."
ºoº Kelly Monaghan, "The Other Orlando" and "Universal Orlando."
ºoº Josh Fippen and Dann Hazel, "Making Memories on Your Walt Disney World Vacation 2004."

Please take the time to contact the websites below and post under the thread for the meet that you would like to attend as a polite gesture to let the hosts know how many to expect at their individual meets, if they have an email. Also know that there are certain meets that require a fee to attend and their may be a limit to the number of people that can attend. Thank you for your consideration.

ºoº Thursday, December 9, 2004 - EPCOT DAY ºoº

ºoº 1400-Sea Racer Rally at Poynesian Mariana by RADP Host Ginny Favors.
ºoº 1500-EPCOT Hidden Mickey Hunt with Steve Barrett, author of "Hidden Mickeys."
ºoº 1500-MouseForLess Welcome Meet at DTD by MFL Hosts:Colleen & Nathan
ºoº 1600-Allie & Alexander's Viking Cruise with Dave and Jennifer Marx of www.PassPorter.com
ºoº 2100-Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Mousefest Meet in the Rose Garden 15 minutes before fireworks with Deb Wills and Dave Card.
ºoº 2115-MVMCP 2nd Holiday Parade in front of shooting gallery by MouseForLess Hosts: Pam & Steve Forrester
ºoº 2030 Illuminations Cruise $15.00. Go to www.wvnh.net/cruise/cruises04.html
ºoº 2200-MVMCP 2nd Holiday Parade in front of LTT with Tagrel host: LimeGreenCheri & SuzyQ

ºoº Friday, December 10, 2004 - Animal Kingdom Day ºoº

ºoº 0915-Stop, Drop, & Roll - the Sequel at MGM at R'n'R fastpass, then ToT with Tagrel hosts: BetsyAnn & AliciaG.
ºoº 0930-Kilimanjaro Safari with Deb Wills of www.AllEarsNet.com
ºoº 1030-5th Annual Kali River Rapids Meet at entrance by RADP Host MickeyMom.
ºoº 1100-Animal Kingdom's Hidden Mickey Hunt with Steve Barrett, author of "Hidden Mickeys."
ºoº 1100-It's Tough To Be A Bug Meet at entrance by RADP Host Jan (Praline).
ºoº 1130-MouseForLess Chatters Lunch Meet by MFL Hosts: Carla & Deb.
ºoº 1230-Pizzafari lunch with Dave Marx of www.PassPorter.com
ºoº 1400-MouseyMindBoggler Animal Adventure with Deb Wills of www.AllEarsNet.com
ºoº 1400-Special Magic Kingdom Tour with Jim Hill and Scott Liljenquist
ºoº 2000-Private EPCOT Illuminations Dessert Party by MouseEarsVacations.
ºoº 2100-RADP Official Adventurer's Club Meet at PI $18.05
ºoº 2000-Jellyrolls at Boardwalk Meet by www.DISboards.com DIS Host: TLindon.

ºoº Saturday, December 11, 2004 MEGA MOUSE MEET DAY ºoº

ºoº 0730-Pop Century Food Court Breakfast Meet by RADP Hosts tiggerguy (Brian) and flutter (Tracey).
ºoº 0900-4th Annual Future World Morning Marathon by RADP Hosts Catherine, Lori.
ºoº 0915-Mission Space - Ride It or Play It at Gift Shop with Tagrel hosts: BetsyAnn & SuzyQ.
ºoº 1030-Brunch at the Ball at the Electric Umbrella with Tagrel hosts: Moley & AliciaG
ºoº 1130-9th Annual RADP Big Meet and Greet at International Gateway.
ºoº 1300- Mega-Mouse Meet at Swan Resort Ballroom Salon #10 with all of the Disney Web Founders and Disney book authors.
ºoº 1500-MouseForLess Drink/Eat around the World Showcase by MFL Hosts: Gracie, Jessica, & Carla
ºoº 1600-Figment Meet at EPCOT's Journey Into Imagination by RADP host Jack.
ºoº 1800-The World Chapter of NFFC Meeting in Orlando-$5.00
ºoº 1830-Campfire MiniMeeko V Meet at Fort Wilderness Campground Campfire by RADP Hosts Pamela, Sean, MickeyMom, Randy.
ºoº 1900-Private Party at Pleasure Island's Adventurer's Club by MouseEarsVacations
ºoº 2100-Adventurer's Club Meet at PI by RADP Host ??
ºoº 2200-Karaoke at Kimonos at Swan Resort with Tagrel host: ddoll.

ºoº Sunday, December 12, 2004 - Magic Kingdom Day ºoº

ºoº 0730-Second Annual Ultimate Magic Kingdom Tour Plan Challenge by Len, of Touring Plans.
ºoº 0800-Trails End Breakfast Meet at Fort Wilderness Campground by RADP Host Randy Berbaum.
ºoº 0900-Magic Kingdom Family-Style Tour Plan Challenge by Len of Touring Plans.
ºoº 0930-MK-Beat Your Butt on Buzz then ride TTA at Buzz Lightyear with Tagrel host: LimeGreeCheri.
ºoº 1000-6th Annual Frontierland Mountain Meet at Briar Patch Shop by RADP Hosts Jan (Praline), Tracy, Charlotte.
ºoº 1000-Tomorrowland Trivia Attraction Meet with Binnie of MouseForLess and Nathan of MagicalMountain
ºoº 1100-Magic Kingdom Hidden Mickey Hunt with Steve Barrett, Disney author of the "Hidden Mickeys."
ºoº 1115-Pirates of the Caribbean Meet at entrance by RADP Host MickeyMom.
ºoº 1130-Dole Whip Intermission at Aloha Ilse by RADP Host Don Jennings.
ºoº 1200-Jungle Cruise Meet by RADP Host MickeyMom.
ºoº 1230-Dole Whip Meet at Aloha Isle with Tagrel host" Cinderella.
ºoº 1300-Magic Kingdom Treasure Hunt with Jennifer and Dave Marx of www.PassPorter.com
ºoº 1330-Mickey's PhilharMagic Meet at Fantasyland by RADP Host MickeyMom.
ºoº 1400-Special Magic Kingdom Tour with Jim Hill and Scott Liljenquist of DisneyCentral.com
ºoº 1400-Haunted Mansion Meet at entrance by RADP Host Randy Berbaum.
ºoº 1500-Buzz Lightyear Meet by RADP Host MickeyMom.
ºoº 1530-Stitch's Great Escape by RADP Host Jan (Praline), Ginny, Favors.
ºoº ????-Fantasmic Dessert Party for $25.00 by Scott Liljenquist at www.DisneyCentral.com
ºoº 2100-Adventurer's Club Meet by RADP Host ??
ºoº 2200-Jellyrolls at Boardwalk with Tagrel hosts: BetsyAnn & DisneyPam.

ºoº Monday, December 13, 2004 - MGM Day ºoº

ºoº 0800-2004 WDW Great Race starts at Epcot with host: Jeff(Tiggerfan), Jen(JenKatt), and Rob.
ºoº 0830-Fresh Mediterranean Market Breakfast meet with Deb Wills of www.AllEarsNet.com and Bob Sehlinger, author of "2005 Walt Disney World" books, $21.44
ºoº 0915-Tower of Terror / Rock'n'Roller Coaster Meet at the fast pass queue by RADP Host Tracy, Jan (Praline), Charlette.
ºoº 0930-MouseForLess/Magic Mountain Tower of Terror Meet with MFL/MM Hosts: Deb & Nathan
ºoº 1045-Jim Hensen's Muppet 3-D Meet at entrance by RADP Host MickeyMom.
ºoº 1100-MGM Hidden Mickey Hunt with Steve Barrett the author of the "Hidden Mickeys" book.
ºoº 1400-WDW Trivia Meet with author Lou Mongello.
ºoº 1400-Great Movie Ride Meet by RADP Host Jack.
ºoº 1745-Fantasmic Meet at Sunset Ranch Market by RADP Host MickeyMom.
ºoº 1900-MouseForLess Disney Lounge Lizards Meet by MFL Hosts: Pam.
ºoº 2030-Minigolf Meet at Winter Summerland by RAPD Host Sean, Pamela.
ºoº 2100-Adventurer's Club Meet at PI by RADP Host ??

ºoº Tuesday, December 14, 2004 ºoº

ºoº ????-Holidays Aroud The World TBA at EPCOT World Showcase by RADP Host Sean.

ºoº So, is anyone else going to try and go to the Saturday, December 11th Mega-Mouse Meet and Recreation Arts Disney Parks Big Meet and Greet?

ºoº Most of the stuff is free, except where noted. And even then this is only a beginning list as of August 30th.

ºoº If you have any questions, I'll be glad to try and answer them or try to send you in the right direction. I am not a part of the Mousefest, but I just like enjoying my time at the parks in Walt Disney World with other Disney loving people.

Please take the time to contact the websites below and post under the thread for the meet that you would like to attend as a polite gesture to let the hosts know how many to expect at their individual meets if they have an email listed. Also know that there are certain meets that require a fee to attend and their may be a limit to the number of people that can attend. Thank you for your consideration.

Or you can go to Deb Wills 2004 Mousefest website direct link listed here at for her list of meets at: www.allearsnet.com/btp/mousefest.htm
You can also go to following site to sign up for Deb Wills AllEarsNet 2004 Mousefest "UPDATES". This Yahoo account can show you the past updates by clicking "messages", and you can also click "members" to see how many people have signed up for this email update and is interested or may come to Mousefest. Can you believe over "617" have signed up so far since 10/30/04?!!! Here is the link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/2004MF/join

And also go to Recreation Arts Disney Parks (RAPD) website direct link listed here for even more cool Mousefest meets at: www.radp.org/radp9.htm

And also go to Tagrel.com website direct link listed here for even more cool Mousefest meets at:
www.tagrel.com/MF2004.htm

ºoº Ray ºoº

Let's Get More Than 400 people to try and attend the December 11th MOUSEFEST From 1:00 to 3:00 P.M. at the Swan Resort.

1. Deb Wills - AllEarsNet.com and ALL EARS®Newsletter Founder
2. Debra Martin Koma - AllEarsNet.com and ALL EARS®Newsletter
3. Andrea (Anita answer) Mckenna - AllEarsNet.com and ALL EARS®Newsletter
4. Dotti Saroufim - AllEarsNet.com and ALL EARS®Newsletter
5. Cathy Bock - AllEarsNet.com and ALL EARS®Newsletter
6. Glo from Miami - AllEarsNet.com and ALL EARS®Newsletter
7. Nathan Rose - MagicalMountain.net Founder
8. Dave Card - Tagrel.com Founder
9. Scott Liljenquist - DisneyCentral.com Founder
10. Mike Scopa - MousePlanet.com Founder
11. Lani Teshna - MousePlanet.com
12. Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix - MousePlanet.com
14. Brian Bennett - MousePlanet.com
15. Mark Goldhaber - MousePlanet.com
16. Sheila Hagen - MousePlanet.com
14. Binnie Betten - TheMouseForLess.com (aka DisneyDollarless) Founder
15. Pam Forrester - TheMouseForLess.com (aka DisneyDollarless) Founder
16. Linda Stockwell - TheMouseForLess.com (aka DisneyDollarless)
17. Mary Waring - Mousesavers.com Founder
18. Jim Hill - JimHillMedia.com Founder
19. Jennifer Watson Marx - "PassPorter WDW" and "PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line".
20. Dave Marx - "PassPorter WDW" and "PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line".
21. Bob Sehlinger - "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World"
22. Len Testa- "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World"
23. Steven M. Barrett, M.D. - "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation" and "Hidden Mickeys" and "A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets."
24. Cara Goldsbury - "The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World."
25. Louis Mongello - "The Walt Disney World Trivia Book."
26. Kelly Monaghan - "The Other Orlando" and "Universal Orlando."
27. Josh Fippen - "Making Memories on Your Walt Disney World Vacation 2004."
28. Dann Hazel - "Making Memories on Your Walt Disney World Vacation 2004."
30. RaySharpton
31. LittleMermaidMom
32. GoldenOldie
33. CarolA
34. Gem
35. JamesD
36. Linda
37. Ducky4Disney
38. perfectmatch300
39. PatriciaH
40. clkelley
41. JCTigger
42. Pooh's Pal
43. Mamu
44. shoes99
45. KristaTx
46. and Kay
47. KittyKitty
48. Towncrier
49. ASFCurly
50. TLinden16
51. AKQJ10
52. Carl
53. jwfla422
54. riduvall
55. WDW Poly Princess
56. dreaminofdisney
57. BaciBecky
58. DisneyAngel12
59. Frollo27
60. Camping Cat

November 11, 2004....

Below is a quote from Jennifer and Dave Marx with two links showing a BROWSING version of the Mousefest Pocket Guide and a larger link that allows you to PRINT and CUT OUT and STAPLE together your own 2004 Mousefest Pocket Guide for both the sea and land portions.

The Pocket Guide is intended to be a concise list of the meets so you can carry it with you while you’re on your vacation. We take the information already available online and format it carefully. We’ll distribute free, printed copies of this booklet at the events. If you’d like a sneak peek at the Pocket Guide before you arrive, you have two options:

1. Download the "Browse" PDF file -- it’s specially formatted for easy viewing onscreen. You’re also welcome to print it if you wish. The actual printed booklet will be smaller. Download here: Browse version (2 MB) www.passporter.com/mousefest/mousefestpocketguidebrowse.pdf

2. Download the "Print" PDF file -- it's formatted to allow you to print an actual booklet that much likes what we'll be distributing at the events. This version isn't very helpful if you just want to look at it onscreen, however. The pages should be printed back-to-back, then folded in half and stapled. Download here: Print version (5 MB) www.passporter.com/mousefest/mousefestpocketguideprint.pdf

Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print either of these files. Most people have this on their computers already, but if you do not visit www.adobe.com for their free Reader. If you have problems viewing the files or they seem weird, you may also need to upgrade to the most recent version of the Reader (also free).

Only "13" more days until the 2004 Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet...Yeeeaaaa!

Thanks you, Dave Card, for the 2004 Mousefest Mega-Mouse Meet Floorplan.

mmm.gif

Ray :wave:

Hi RAY!

I am actually thinking about doing one of the Hidden Mickey hunts. Probably Epcot or Magic Kingdom.

The Fantasmic Desert party sounds fun, but I was not really pleased with the one at DisCon a few years ago. I felt like the area was too far away to see.... hmmm

I'll be at the Mega Mouse Meet on the 11th!!

You know Linda and I will be at as many of the meets as we can, Ray! Can't wait!

are these for real! I'm guessing these are like mini-meets, right? You come and go to these as you please from the sounds of it.

I think I'll need to show up to a few of these! I'll be there Dec 5 - Dec 15 - perfect timing!

D4D

Anyone know whether there'll be a Drink Around the World event at Epcot again? I've almost completed the therapy from last year's.

Len

Really looking forward to MouseFest again this year. :bounce: The MegaMouse Meet is a wonderful way to meet lots of Disney friends!

See you all there! :wave2:

Hi, Carol. Well, I'll try to be at those Hidden Mickey Meets, too. You know how I overplan and then end up following the crowd.

Last year, Steven Barrett gave some neat tours at Animal Kingdom. That's why I am going to try and make all of them.

I hope to see you many, many times this December.

Hi, GoldenOldie, I hope to see you there.

Hi, GEM, I hope to see you there. What a cute picture of your little one.

Hi, James and Linda. Linda, aren't you proud of me. I remembered your name. I always remember your face. But you know me and my memory with names is just so terrible. James, you should sponsor the "Who Wants To Be
A Millionaire" Meet this year. I don't see anyone hosting one, yet. I can't wait to see you both again. You guys always bring a smile to my face when I meet you at WDW. And you are always so very kind.

Hi, Ducky4Disney. Most of the meets are just show up and have fun meet and greets. Some require sign-up with a fee, but I noted those, like paying for an Illuminations Cruise, or something like that. You'll love the Hidden Mickey meets. And go to the DIS Meets forum for more DIS Meets, too.

Hi, Len. Very good question. Maybe we can beg Towncrier and SideShowBob and Jaypd to organize a Drink Around The World Meet again. Wouldn't that be great. For those that haven't been to a DATW meet, we usually meet at the outside the EPCOT Rose and Crown Pub and meet and greet. We grab a beer of our choice, or not, or water, and walk to the Canada pavillion. We continue around the lake and stop at each EPCOT country around the beautiful lake until we reach France, and then watch Illuminations. Sometimes we'll walk through International Gateway over to the Boardwalk and visit the Boadwalk's Dueling Pianos.

Where are you Towncrier? Do you still have the DATW flag?

Hi, Tagrel. I hope to meet you at the Mega-Mouse Meet, too.

Hi Ray,

Hope to see you at some of the Mousefest meets! Not sure which ones yet, but your schedule is really helpful to me for planning! Thanks for taking the time to post it!

Hi, Nancy. I have been thinking about you this past month with all those huricanes in Florida. I hope that your new house in Florida didn't have any damage. I look forward to seeing you, too.

Thank you so much for the RADP link, Carol. I've just updated my list.

Hi, PatriciaH, I hope to see you, too.

I'm finally getting to go to WDW in December....always wanted to, but couldn't. Look for minster22 and Pooh's Pal at the Mega Mousefest2004 and a few other events!!

Thanks for posting this Ray....it will be helpful to alot of DISers that didn't have the other links!

I just read about the mousefest from another web site and I couldnt believe that its going to go on while im there so I would LOVE to go to some of the events but im a little unsure... do I just show up to them? like for example the Second Annual Ultimate Magic Kingdom Tour Plan Challenge. and so on if any ones been there before please help me out because I would love to meet new people who share my love for the mouse...

Jillian Hinds

You're welcome Poohs Pal and minster22. I hope to see you at the Mega-Mouse Meet and some other meets, too. It's starting to get closer.

Hi, Jillian. Most of the Mousefest meets are just show up and have fun meet and greet. A very few Mousefest meets are going to be organized soon, like the Illuminations Cruise and you will be asked to sign up first come and share the payment using the attached email to the particular meet that is listed on one of the two links at the bottom of first post on the first page of this thread.

Below is a quote from Deb Wills site about the The Second Annual Ultimate Magic Kingdom Touring Plan Challenge that you asked about. You can email Len your request to sign up.

The Second Annual Ultimate Magic Kingdom Touring Plan Challenge - 7:30 am - Meet at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom at 7:30 am for the Second Annual Ultimate Magic Kingdom Touring Plan Challenge. Your goal will be to experience as many attractions, shows, parades and live performances as possible in one day at the Magic Kingdom. Last year's most prolific team experienced 42 attractions in just under 10 hours. Efficient touring plans will be provided at no cost. Prizes to be awarded for the top three teams. All participants receive Unofficial Guide pins. Contact Len Testa (Len@TouringPlans.com) for more details. Survivors will meet at 'Ohana for food and drinks afterward. Len buys the first round.

You will see similar sign up requests for just a few meets just so they don't have a hundred people show up...lol.

I hope that this helps.

And I don't know much about the meet that you are asking about, but maybe you could email Len and ask him.

Sincerely, Ray Sharpton

I organized and participated in the 1st Annual Ultimate Magic Kingdom Touring Plan Challenge!

We had a blast! I had read about it in the Unnoficial Guide and contacted Len. He is a great guy. Although we only accomplished 34 attractions in 10 hours, we had lots of fun.

However, let me prepare you. In order to get even close to these records, you need to power walk from attraction to attraction. No food breaks, etc. We had a big breakfast before we started, brought Power Bars and hydration packs with us.

Carol

:wave: Only 34 events in 10 hours!!!! Wow!!! That's incredible Carol. I can't even imagine doing that.

Congratulations, Carol.

Were you that group at the Mega-Mouse Meet in the small pool table room outside the main meet and greet room at the Dolphin Resort?

I was a greeter right outside the the pool table room. I sure was curious what everyone was cheering about.

Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!